Loss of Family

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2007 at 10:49 am

sorry to have wrote this

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2007 at 10:58 am

I am sorry Tim you are having a rough time. I hope this new Therapist helps you.
      We all want to be the person we once were. But we have to accept who we are now. Illness change us and we have to accept our new self.
      Hopefully the people who love us will be there to see us through it.
      Maybe your wife needs to see a therapist also because it has affecter her also.

Please realize you are not alone we are here for you.

Sue

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2007 at 2:39 pm

[B]Hi Tim,

Maybe your wife would like to talk to me as I was my husband’s caregiver for 6 years before he passed away from a massive heart attack. I could give her some deep insight as to what you are going through. Both of our families never quite got the grasp of what Frank went through everyday of the week. The pain and exhaustion were at times to much for him to bare.

Please take care of yourself in all ways.[/B]

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2007 at 9:15 pm

You have no need to apologise!! Your “family” here understands better than anyone how difficult this “walk” can be. Trust me, we all have days when it feels like just to much to bear. I am so sorry for the “dark” of the now. Look for a tiny rainbow and hang on for dear life! I will keep you and your wife in my prayers.

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2007 at 9:26 pm

Tim

You know that knowledge is strenght and some do not desire that strenght or knowledge. [B]Lean on us[/B] and we will give you strenght with lots of understanding support to keep you strong! We have been there and understand.

• Anonymous
      May 15, 2007 at 1:24 pm

Tim,

Thinking of you…

• Anonymous
      May 15, 2007 at 3:37 pm

I talked to my new therapist and obtw she seems to be a really good listner. I asked her what the best way to get my family to try and understand GBS or it may be CIDP is to Educate them. They seem to think they were “EDUCATED” enough while I was in a drug induced coma and on the doorstep of death and then while I was in rehab re-learning to do EVERYTHING from moving my toe to straighten a finger . I rebember the first time I got to brush my own teeth I held the toothbrush and moved my head. I guess there is really no was to get anyone to understand what is going on inside my body. I really do appreciate all the responses, even after I deleted the firt on the thread. But I just felt like I was whining and alot of it had nothing to do with GBS or CIDP which is what this forum is dedicated to.
      Thanks everyone actually Thanks isn’t enough
      Tim

• Anonymous
      May 16, 2007 at 11:05 am

Tim, actually it has alot to do with gbs/cidp! you are not whining, just venting and facing the reality of living with this disease. we are going through it also, at least i know i am. the spouse stuff(only difference is i’m on the otherside then you) the family not quite understanding and being uneducated, and that includes in-laws. day by day, problem by problem, you’ll make it through the long journey. it does get better. keep putting your energy into yourself-get yourself under control and the others will fall in line behind you. it takes time, but it does get better. keep a positive attitude. take care. Hugs!!!:)