Looking for Support in Georgia

• June 5, 2018 at 5:23 pm

I was wondering if there are any folks here in the SE Georgia area that have had long but mostly successful recoveries from GBS. I’ve heard that talking to another person who has suffered and come back from this horrible illness can be an extremely powerful motivator in people’s lives.

My father was struck down by GBS 2 days before last Christmas. He has been on a ventilator ever since but has made small but positive gains, at least above his chest. I was hoping to find some form of support for him from a fellow GBS sufferer that might be able to offer words of encouragement as someone who’s walked in those same shoes. He can’t talk but he is fully cognizant and can communicate by alphabet and nodding.

Thanks.

• August 22, 2018 at 8:27 am

Hello, Please register with the GBS|CIDP Foundation and a liaison will be assigned to you and he or she is usually a recovered patient and will be happy to talk with your father. Here is the direct link to register. https://forum.gbs-cidp.org/register/
      I am a recovered patient and a volunteer with the GBS|CIDP Foundation and I will be happy to chat with your dad.