looking for compassionate professionals

• Anonymous
      November 29, 2011 at 10:05 am

Hello, I am so happy I came across this forum. It is very helpful to me. My sister has been in CCU since 11/22/2011. I understand it is all a waiting came on watching how her body responds to treatments, but it is extremely frustrating to watch her with tubes down & her throat & not being able to talk. My family & I are not thrilled with the experience we are having with nurses & dr’s who carry on like we are a nusense for asking questions & bothering them. I would like to know if anyone knows of a Dr. in Westchester county,NY who is experienced with GBS with compassion as well as a good PT with experience & a heart.

• Anonymous
      November 29, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Hi Cyberleenie!

I’m so sorry your sister and family is have run into medical professionals(?) that lack compassion. Unfortunately, I’m not sure how to search this forum for experienced doctors in NY. Hopefully someone with “forum savvy” will be able to assist you.

As far as communicating with your sister, others have written about communicating using eye signals or dry erase boards. If I’m able to locate a few threads regarding this, I’ll cut and paste them to this thread.

Take care,

Tina

This thread may help as far as communicating:

[url]http://www.gbs-cidp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7575&referrerid=6653[/url]

• Anonymous
      December 23, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Hi Cyberleenie,

I realize that you posted this a year ago but if you’re looking for a great neurologist call Dr Michael Swerdlow in the Bronx.  718-920-4178 My mom had him 11 years when she was in Montefiore with severe GBS.  After that she was in Helen Hayes in Stony Point and had excellent PT’s .

I hope your sister is doing much better now!