Just me?

• February 5, 2010 at 4:23 pm

Is it just me or what?

I have been on the same treatments for 16 years for CIDP with good results. Last month I visited my Neuro and told him that for some reason over the last few months I was a little stronger and with more energy – gone was the being tired feeling most of the time. Neither he nor I had any idea why after 16 years of treatment and aging I was all of a sudden doing better.

Two days ago I picked up a magazine from a company that sells stuff and read about a “new product” that was doing more for the company than anything they had ever sold. And, there were a number of people’s letters to the company claiming they had more energy since taking the new product.

Since I used their minerals and vitamins I wondered. I asked my wife if she had ever heard of this stuff. She said yes. We have been taking it for several months now. I thought. Is that why my new energy and strength? Something caused it.

I don’t want to fall into the trap of “after this therefore because of this” but I wonder. Or is it just me.

I will not put on here the name of the stuff or the company as I don’t think that sort of thing goes on this board.

I don’t know. But I am sure not going to stop.

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2010 at 5:31 pm

As long as it’s all honest and not spam then by all means i’m open to hear if others have taken supplements, diet change etc. and feel like it may be helping and i know you are not a spammer Bill and so my question is about how long were you taking the supplements before you started to feel better?

harry

• February 5, 2010 at 5:58 pm

About 16 years BUT the big thing is they changed them about 6 months ago with some stuff which they have patented and they claimed greatly increased the ability of the body to absorb the vitamins and minerals. I did not know of the change until two days ago. I had just improved and didn’t know why. I AM NOT CLAIMING THEIR STUFF DID IT. But, I can’t think of anything else? Who knows?

• Anonymous
      February 5, 2010 at 6:32 pm

Honestly, I’m trying to figure out the point of this thread, if you’re not asking a question or willing to share information…but that might be…just me?

• Anonymous
      February 6, 2010 at 12:27 am

In the past we have had people come on this forum & in their initial post promote some product (which they just happen to be selling.) But I agree with Elmo, if there is a product that is helping you I think you should share it. We share treatment plans, many have shared supplements, so why the secrecy?

• February 6, 2010 at 3:27 pm

I hear you Pam and Elmo.

I simply do not want me or anyone else touting a specific product on this board. It is one thing to say “I took such and such a treatment and had this result.” To me it is totally different to say “I took XX which I purchased from ABC and It helped me.” My only purpose in this thread is to say that MAYBE I was helped by a product as others have told us they were helped by this that or the other. Looking back I rather think I should have kept my mouth shut.
      If I could claim I had proof that the product was the cause of my new energy I would consider naming it and direct you to it.

I will be willing to give names to anyone who emails me.