Ivig dosage/days of infusion?

• December 29, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Hello all! Hope yall are doing well! I am getting a “re Loading” dose tomorrow and the next day, and was curious if anyone else does this and at what dosing? I usually get 1g/kg every 3 weeks.. Last year I did a re loading dose, so I got the 1g/kg one day and then went back 2 days late and got another 1g/kg (total of 2g/kg split up between three days).. I am getting this back to back.. 50g one day and 50g the next.. I”m a little nervous about getting so much in a short time frame. Anyone else do this? thanks!

• January 15, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Don’t be nervous. I’ve been getting IVIG every 5 weeks for 5 plus years now, two days in a row = 4- hour drips. I’m not sure of the dosage. I’m just tired of going now. It’s getting to be old. I’m looking for an alternative that isn’t so expensive out of my pocket even though insurance covers most of it. I’ve been doing quite well with it. My symptoms are 24/7 neuropathy in my lower legs and feet with mininimal firing. You wouldn’t know I had CIDP if I didn’t tell you. I do deal with tiredness though and lay down every day to rest. I’m 56 years old and had GBS at age 46 – severe case and was treated with plasmapharesis for that. Had a set back in 2009 and was diagnosed with CIDP because I didn’t make the 5-year window after GBS and the neuropathy started up.

• GH
      January 15, 2015 at 11:50 pm

I don’t remember the dosage, but I had two loading doses about ten days apart. Each was given over five consecutive days. I had no problems with it.

• January 28, 2015 at 11:35 am

I was stable, walking with a cane, getting the IVig every four weeks. When the neurologist tried to extend the treatment schedule to every eight weeks I relapsed. At six weeks with no treatment the symptoms came back. So I am re-loading. This has been going on for five years.