Is This The Feeling People With Cidp Have When Their Breathing System Is Affected???

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2011 at 10:52 am

Besides the breathlessness when doing work or exercising (which is normal), whenever I lay down to go to sleep I have the feeling that something is swollen up in my throat or high behind the nose that is obstructing air to going in. It is mainly located on the left side of the throat and I also sometimes have to swallow two or three times to get things down – again I have the feeling that it doesn’t go down at the left side. On top of this I got stung by a wasp on my back near my throat today. I put some cortizonegel on it and the swelling and pain is minimal but ….. I have the feeling that throat is swollen (although I am sitting up). More than two hours have passed and I am not in severe lack of breath but just a little concerned. or am I getting hysterical after all and feel things that are not there.

• August 12, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Hi,

I had some breathing problems but not like yours several years ago but I remember it only as shortness of breath. I think my diaphram muscle was affected and I just was having a slight difficulty breathing.

You might have a diverticulum in your throat. I had one and it made swallowing difficult. An ENT doc can check that out.

The wasp thing sounds like you may be having a reaction and need to see a doc asap.

Good luck.

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2011 at 3:10 pm

If it is what you say they will discover it during endoscopy in the autumn (I have Crohn’s as well).

As far as the wasp sting concerned, I did not get worse but – believe it or not, while I was sitting in front of my PC, a 10 cm centipede came in and snatched my foot!! It burned and swell a little, I put on some cortizone-gel and covered myself up from head to foot. That will teach them buggers! Suppose it’s not my day.
      No other reactions sofar and I will sit things out, quietly inside my house.

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Have your thyroid gland checked out; it may be enlarged.

• Anonymous
      August 12, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Ditto for the thyroid. CIDPers are more prone than normal to develop thyroid nodules

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2011 at 9:58 am

Make a paste from meat tenderizer and water to rub on stings after they happen, that really draws out the pain. Also toothpaste (not gel) will relieve itches!:)

• Anonymous
      August 13, 2011 at 3:04 pm

thank you all very much for yr posts. last night and today came and went by without any new. I will definately check out on my thyroid although it was checked a year ago. I think I will just ignore (as much as possible) things happening. One tends to get a bit fuzzy when a lot of unexpected and rare things fall on ones shoulder altogether (I’ve got 3 auto-immune diseases now and a whole batch of medication with regular visits to physicians to get things under control). Getting a bit fed up with things (never used to visit any doctors, my mother used to say ‘what comes alone, goes alone’ as well as ‘just go around yr business, if you forget it it will forget you’ and so on and so on). I want to go back to my work and go on with my ‘active’ live. Will let you know if that works.