Is this gout?

    • November 12, 2007 at 12:49 pm

      sorry no info

    • Anonymous
      November 12, 2007 at 2:01 pm

      This actually sounds familiar to me in a, I watch way too much TV, kind of way. Have you ever watched CSI? Well, in one episode, they determined who the killer was by a bacteria or fungal infection on a persons feet. It affects only people of Scandinavian decent who come in contact with the bacteria or fungus and chlorine. Maybe that is the problem. If so, it is not a major issue. Let us know what the doctor says.

      Tonya Correll

    • Anonymous
      November 12, 2007 at 7:24 pm

      Tonya, very interesting post! I enjoyed that one a lot!

      Dawn, what’d the doctor say tonight? Hope Kevin’s doing better!!!



    • Anonymous
      November 12, 2007 at 7:48 pm

      Hi Dawn,

      I’d guess it was a contact dermatitis and not gout. Gout is usually one area, not both bilateral, and more common in older individuals. I agree with the airing out:))) Gabrielle

    • November 12, 2007 at 9:39 pm

      Contact dermatits it is. Better safe than sorry. Luckily this doctor loves us, so he was not annoyed! Plus he checked Kevin’s problem toe nails and they were fine as well. Thank God, one less thing to worry about! Good night to all and to all a good night!

    • Anonymous
      November 13, 2007 at 12:28 am

      Glad you got to the bottom of the problem. Gout is actually a build up of uric acid. It tends to manifest in pain and swelling, not skin reactions.


    • Anonymous
      November 13, 2007 at 10:13 am

      Daam glad to hear that but just to make you laugh a little when we got the hot tub my husband for some reason misread the directions for the clorine and added a weee bit to much. After being in it for about 45 minutes I got out and washed up but little while later I looked like a boiled lobster head to toe red. It did hurt but mostly itched and was irritating. Of course not thinking of the chlorine even though I used to be a life guard we thought oh great something else and went to the doctor. After telling him what I had done that day he asked my husband how much chlorine he used and after his response my doctor confirmed the same as Kevin has. Although my doc does have a sense of humour because he could not contain the laughter after finding it not life threatening because f course after my husband realized he used too much he turned red also for which the doctor told me that at least I don’t have to look like this by myself. Thanks. Some cream for a day or two and I felt much better. Needless to say my husband doublechecks every time he puts the chlorine or shock into the tub LOL. My doc says always be safe than sorry though and check it out if it anin’t normal.
      Sincerely Jody

    • Anonymous
      November 14, 2007 at 10:22 pm

      Hi Dawn!

      I’m glad it’s not gout! I’m also glad you have a doctor who loves you! Ben and I are lucky to have one like that too, and it makes all the difference! In fact, we got to go see him today, and I had an extra long appointment with him myself!

      Have a great night!