Is anyone receiving Private Long Term Disability Insurance

• Anonymous
      December 15, 2010 at 5:58 pm

I did return to work and was unable to work 60 to 70 hour week. My employer did not want to meet restrictions of a 40 hour week. I am currently on short term disability and I do have a benefit of long term disability insurance, Is anyone receiving private long term disabitlity for GBS.

• December 16, 2010 at 11:04 am

I’m getting LTD through teacher’s insurance plan Harry

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2010 at 12:35 pm

I will start LTD Feb 7 when my STD ends. I have both through my non-profit organization. I understand that the monetary benefit is much better for LTD, though I don’t if that is true for all plans.

I will be returning to full time work April 1, assuming my recovery from SCT continues to go smoothly.

Sharon

• Anonymous
      December 16, 2010 at 11:15 pm

My LTD was giving me a hard time until my NCV showed that i had 0% nerve response. Then after that, was approved again. It’s been 3 years now, and to them i should be ok by now. I’d rather be healthy and working!

• Anonymous
      December 17, 2010 at 1:04 am

disability benefits depend on the state. NY limits you to 60% of your salary no matter how much your employer pays you can not go above 60% and it is taxed like payroll if you do not pay into it.

• Anonymous
      January 19, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I’m receiving Long Term Disability from Metlife for GBS. They helped me get my SSD benefits and am paying me the difference between SSD and what I made working.

I encourage you to apply.

Take the rest of the day off,

Rob

• January 31, 2011 at 5:19 pm

I had purchased LTD through my employer and it kicked in after 6 weeks of STD. Once I was discharged from the hospital (after 3+ months) my LTD carrier told me I needed to apply for SSD. I did and was approved on my first try. When I received the first BIG check from SSD, I was told I had to repay the LTD company as SSD went back to my date of admittance into the hospital. I would much prefer to be a productive working member of society but most days, there is no way I could work 8 hours. I must rest at least once a day…more often 2 or 3 times. GBS stinks but I’m damn glad to be alive!