Insurance problems, please say prayer

• Anonymous
      January 10, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Tomorrow, we will return to the hospital for Dell’s every-4 day treatment of ivig. We have been trying to return to home health since it takes us 1 hour and 20 mins, one way to the hospital and he has to get out of school the entire day, every 4 days. Also, home is so much better than the hospital.

Anyway……spoke to the insurance company today. They turned us down on the first try, saying they did not get the 3 questions answered from our dr.

Please pray that after the dr. faxes them the information, they will approve.

CIDP and the problems that go along with it is worrisome enough, I don’t need to worry about insurance too.

Thank you,
      Lori

• January 10, 2011 at 10:28 pm

you definitely have enough on your plate–having to watch your child suffer with this horrible disease….I thank god that it is myself and not one of my 3 children who have to deal with it. Thoughts are with you –and I hope your insurance company comes through for you. Lori

• Anonymous
      January 11, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Lori,
      Thank you for your prayers.

Dell is getting a treatment today and right now is working on homework. The dr. dictated a letter to me and the home health faxed it to the insurance company.

We’ll see.

• Anonymous
      January 11, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I have a recently posted “IVIG Denial” thread on the CIDP Forum. I used an Expedited Appeal through my insurance group for quick response. It also lists some of the state organizations that are free and offer help with insurance denials. My IVIG denial was due to simple things and it took me some time to resolve but I did.
      Best of luck.

• Anonymous
      January 12, 2011 at 7:20 am

Thank you for your post. I am trying not to get too upset now, just going to wait and see what this latest fax will bring. If they deny again, then I’ll get angry and upset and take further action.

Lori

• Anonymous
      January 12, 2011 at 10:49 am

Don’t give up. If the insurance company continues to give you problems, file a complaint with your state insurance regulatory commission. That usually gets the company’s attention.

I hope it won’t be necessary, though.

• January 13, 2011 at 2:13 am

Sending lots of prayers and hope the matter gets resolved quickly.

• Anonymous
      January 13, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Thank you all.

I think should get an answer on Monday, then we’ll decide what we are going to do.

Lori

• January 13, 2011 at 9:36 pm

What part of Mississippi do you live in? I live in Washington County in Alabama and get my IVIG through Critical Care from Mobile. They told me it is cheaper to administer at home rather than at the hospital. They travel approximately 65 miles one way to give me the treatments two times each month. I go to a doctor in Birmingham and his office made the arrangements with Critical Care for me to have the treatments.

• Anonymous
      January 14, 2011 at 10:01 am

We live on the coast. We have been using home health for over 2 years, close to 3. We love it.

Dr. talked to the dr. at insurance company so we are just waiting to see what they are going to do.

Lori

• January 15, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Lori,
      Don’t forget, Gamunex brand of IVIG is FDA approved to treat CIDP. Should be very hard for your insurance company to decline this since it is a “label use”, not an “off label” use as is with other brands. I had the same initial response, but when we used the FDA approved for CIDP response, got immediate approval.
      Good luck to you.

• Anonymous
      January 17, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Hopefully, we will find out today about approval. We are at hospital AGAIN getting treatment. Dell is doing pretty good. Steroid has him going pretty strong.

Thanks,
      Lori

• Anonymous
      January 17, 2011 at 9:37 pm

It’s always soo complicated at times, but, once you get ‘processed’? You are likely going to get it easier to get thru!
      I am crossing my fingers and eyes for you! [Can’t do toes?] And truly hope your Dell comes thru all this like the Champ I believe he IS!