I’m not feeling well

• Anonymous
      August 27, 2007 at 8:28 am

Hello friends.

I have been doing pretty good for a while now. The dr even released me until further symptoms appeared. I’ve been told that my slight drop foot and weakness would likely stay with me and to call if things got worse. IVIG and high dose steroids failed to make things any better but possibly kept them from getting worse.

If you have followed my thread about my mom, you know that I am worn out beyond all. I dont sleep much, havent for three weeks now. When I eat, it goes right thru me. I dont even bother.
      I have aches in places I have never had…went to the dr for severe shoulder pain and was told it’s muscular…aka stress related. The tingles and aches are coming back again.

My problem is, I dont have time to go to the dr. I dont have time for Ivig until my mom is well enough to be alone. I have to work and then I have to be with her. I just cry all the time again…I want my mom to get well and it’s not happening.

My baby starts preschool today at a real school. This is all I have to look forward to today.

do you think that b/c I am so worn out, my symptoms are coming back and will they go away on their own when things arent so rough ?

thanks for letting me vent again.

Stacey

• August 27, 2007 at 1:01 pm

Stacey!

How exciting, I remember that first day of pre-school! I cried, but the kids did not!

Anyway, I know you know you have to eat, sleep, and worry about yourself. I was in a similar state last week! I was told by all on this sight to let go, worry about myself, and let others help. As usual they were right! I was crying non stop, worrying about Kevin, my dad, and my father in law, and how I was going to do everything. I don’t even have gbs or cidp to contend with like you! They are right! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! Besides, you know your mom would be upset if she knows you are not taking care of yourself. Waiting to get your ivig will not save you time in the long run! Please go!

Also, just to let you know, it took about ten days, but I finally got over the hump and stopped crying and got it together until the next hump. God I hope that is not for a long time. It really felt good comming out through the other end. You will too! I know it! You have to be strong to raise your precious little baby, so do not give up hope or taking care of yourself. My kids are the one thing that I can count on to keep me going!!!

If you ever want to talk, I will pm you my #

Love,
      Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• August 27, 2007 at 1:01 pm

Stacey!

How exciting, I remember that first day of pre-school! I cried, but the kids did not!

Anyway, I know you know you have to eat, sleep, and worry about yourself. I was in a similar state last week! I was told by all on this sight to let go, worry about myself, and let others help. As usual they were right! I was crying non stop, worrying about Kevin, my dad, and my father in law, and how I was going to do everything. I don’t even have gbs or cidp to contend with like you! They are right! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! Besides, you know your mom would be upset if she knows you are not taking care of yourself. Waiting to get your ivig will not save you time in the long run! Please go!

Also, just to let you know, it took about ten days, but I finally got over the hump and stopped crying and got it together until the next hump. God I hope that is not for a long time. It really felt good comming out through the other end. You will too! I know it! You have to be strong to raise your precious little baby, so do not give up hope or taking care of yourself. My kids are the one thing that I can count on to keep me going!!!

If you ever want to talk, I will pm you my #

Love,
      Dawn Kevies mom 😮

• Anonymous
      August 27, 2007 at 2:25 pm

Stacey, Rest should be top on your list. Rest should help with your residuals. You need to listen to your body, its only going to keep escalating to more pain and more problems.
      Your Mom is going through a slow recovery, similar to what you go through. Stay positive in regards to your Mom, she is a strong soul, she has taught you very well. She would be disappointed if she found out how you are feeling, and the way you are putting others before your own needs. There is a fine line on that limit also.
      As for your little man, you must be soo proud. I remember 5 years ago when I was sending my little man off to school-full day kindergarten, I was feeling the full spectrum of feelings. I’m going through a mild form of it these past few days, this time its with my daughter going to high school. The 5 min cry in the shower helps immensely, unless you have more stressors, then you need to add 5 mins for each situation;) Don’t be too hard on yourself, but on the other hand, you do need to have time for yourself. Stress isn’t good on the residuals either, they tend to feast on stressful situations. BIG HUGS!!!

• Anonymous
      August 27, 2007 at 8:08 pm

Hello Stacey,
      As the other’s have said, you’ve got to find the time to take care of yourself too, it’s not neglecting your mother. You’re probably going through what happens to us when we are overwhelmed, residuals surface. You have to find a little time for yourself. Buy a nice bubble bath and relax in the tub and have a good washing cry. Believe me, I know. I have CIDP, need help from my home care agency and I’m also caregiver to my invalid mother.

[IMG]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/516/hugtodayxe1.gif[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2007 at 2:04 pm

thanks…I know I need to take care of myself but time just hasnt allowed.

I did get to the dr and got xanax and antidepressant, cant thing of the name of it right now…dang , I hate when my mind slips me.

I took the xanax and boy did they wipe me out.

I also went to a surgeon and was told I have a neuroma. I”ll put that on another thread.

thanks for being here for me.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      August 28, 2007 at 6:16 pm

Please try and take care of yourself. I know very well how easy it is to hit the skids. Try and revel in your child begginning school year, look after your mom best you can and leave some time for you. Other than the anxiety of worrying about everyone and everything, I’ve no real responsibility other than myself. Even so, I tend to slip and neglect things. I’m at the other end of the scale… Often feeling, since no one is depending on me, what’s the sense. You’re too important to your family AND yourself to not take care. God bless and be strong.

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2007 at 12:56 pm

Hi Stacey. I’ll just reinforce what the others have said. My symptoms always get worse when I don’t get enough sleep and/or am under a lot of stress. I hope the antidepressant works for you — they take some time to hit maximum benefit. About xanax, haven’t taken it, but wouldn’t want to feel any more worn out than I already am. I take a mild sedative, clonazepam, for sleep. I don’t take it every night, but if I’ve had a night or two of bad sleep, I take one and feel way better the next day.

Please take care of yourself — for everyone’s sake. An let the little things go. Who really cares if there’s a little dust in the house? (Or in my case, a lot of dust, oh well….)

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Caryn

PS. My son started Middle School today (how did that happen???!). I cried when the bus pulled away. 😮

• Anonymous
      August 30, 2007 at 11:14 am

No doubt no sleep, which helps restore and repair, will make things worse. Its very clear when your not in it so just trust those of us who are looking at your situation that we can see that you are under attack right now and your body is going to take the blows hard. Do what you can to slow down and at least get some food and sleep. Keep it as simple as possible. Take advantage of the time your child is in school and know that he is safe and when he returns you will be rested enough to keep going. I hope this doesnt sound preachy or redundant. I just want to encourage you and let you know that all that you have to care for is important and you can’t just stop, but you can slow down a little bit enough to fit yourself in so you can do it all. Much care sent to you.
      Linda

• Anonymous
      August 30, 2007 at 12:21 pm

I work full time so there is no rest here. I have a desk job…accounting..so, it’s not physically challenging.

I had hoped tonite I’d get a chance to go home early but my mom doesnt want to be alone, so it’s not looking good.

I’m going to call the nuero to let him know about this abdominal nueroma thing and just let him know what I’m going thru. Like he could save me.

Wouldnt that be nice ?

It’s a beautiful day in Omaha with a great weekend forcast. If only that meant anything to me.

Happy Labor day weekend everyone.

• Anonymous
      August 30, 2007 at 9:39 pm

“It’s a beautiful day in Omaha with a great weekend forcast. If only that meant anything to me.”

Now you sound like me… STOP THAT!

No room to talk here. There’s more to life than being a casual observer but I’ve yet to come across anything to substantiate the claim. Lemme know if you come across anything. I keep lookout over here in my neck of the woods.

Be well.

• August 31, 2007 at 7:40 am

Stacey,
      Sometimes things in life can get so over whelmimg. It’s raining in Spokane this am and it fits my mood. I’ve always forced myself to have this positive attitude, but every once in awhile I think you need to have a melt down. As if the day to day trials we deal with while living with a chronic disease isn’t enough, sometimes life throws us a few sucker punches. Definitly go to your doctor and let him know how you’re feeling, not only the physical symptoms but how all of the stress you are under is making you feel.
      Stress and lack of sleep is horrible on a healthy body, it’s going to make one of us worse. Take care of yourself! Except any offers of help and come vent to us as often as you want. If you need to have a melt down go ahead, every once in a while you’ve got to let go; keeping it inside and over doing it is only going to make you feel worse.