I am sick of being sick!!!!!

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2008 at 1:25 pm

😡 I am sick of taking pills. I think I am going to get off of the pill. I take like 6 different kinds. I don’t know if some even work. I feel like I am being used as genee pig. Well, this doesn’t work so lets adjust this and see if this works. Will I be on pills all my life.

WILL I GET WELL.

I am sick of being sick!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
      April 22, 2008 at 11:43 pm

Kinney,
      I hear you. I so understand and am often in that place, but I hope you have a doctor you trust enough to talk this out with. As my doctor always says, “it’s ultimately your choice but here are the pros and cons.” Then I make a more practical decision. It’s good to vent that frustration though. Keep us posted.
      Linda

• Anonymous
      April 23, 2008 at 12:49 am

Kinney, I hear you all to well. For most of us on the forums this disease has been life-changing. At one point in time with the GBS and rare lung disease I was taking 30 different pills (Rx, vitamins) every day. Sometimes I had to give myself permission to only take “essentials” for 2 or 3 days. No one can tell you if you will get “well” but you will get better. Gene always reminds us that GBS stands for “getting better [U]slowly[U]”.[/U][/U]

• Anonymous
      April 23, 2008 at 8:35 pm

Kinney I hear you. I take Lyrica (3 times a day), Concerta 72mg, Ritalin 10mg, novo-methacin (twice a day) Wellbutrin (twice a day).

I got the Lyrica for my CIDP Concerta Ritalin for my severe ADHD and it is still not under controlled and I take Wellbutrin for my Depression which seem to help my ADHD a bit. The Novo Methacin for the Tendinitis I had over a year now and which is still not under control. With all that together I am surprise I am still sane. I got 2 counselors I see to deal with all the things I go through every day. If I didn’t have them it would be a different story.

So finding a good therapist to talk to helps. Not all are good. I just got rid of one this week didn’t get the chance to know me and figured she knew me inside and out NOT.

Hang in there

Sue