How Do You Feel Today ?

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 9:42 am

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Just thought I’d put something here, so everyone could post in it & let everyone know how their feeling today. Me I’m not having a very good day, the numbness in my hands & feet is very bad. I have pain running up almost to my elbows & the pain is also running up my legs almost to my knees. It’s just not a good day for me ! ๐Ÿ™ [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 10:29 am

Terry, sorry to hear you aren’t feeling great today. I am having an okay day. The usual buzzing and tingling but nothing out of the norm.

Have a great day everyone.

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 11:03 am

Terry,
      I’m sorry your not feeling well today. I am feeling pretty okay today. I had my IVIg on Tuesday. Although my knees always hurt. Just another day in GBS land ๐Ÿ˜€
      Take care & hang in there!
      Cathy:)

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 12:33 pm

Feeling relieved today. Had angioplasty on both legs 3 days ago, they inserted the baloons and opened the arteries. If GBS recovers more I may be able to walk better in the future.
      Hope you get to feeling better Terry.
      Shirley

• August 14, 2008 at 4:54 pm

It’s been a painful week for me, too. I was doing ok for a while, but for a few days now the tingling, shaking, weak legs, [B]sensitive skin [/B]have been working overtime…whew!

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 5:43 pm

i’m thinking about you– so sorry for your pain… alice

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 5:46 pm

Hang in there Brad…there will be good days and bad days. Come visit us here when you need support!

• Anonymous
      August 14, 2008 at 9:20 pm

Hi Terry! I guess you already know what I was doing today! LOL! I stayed on your site for hours reading and posting back. What a lovely site. Boy was I too having one of those nights with that numbness and tingling mess. I went to bed at 5 this morning. So I slept from 8 to 1 and then 5 to 9! With a gap in between. It was a night of my vampire prowling last night! Maybe I should change my name to Boogie Linda! Hope you feel better tonight! Me! I’m just going to go with the flow! Maybe I will sleep tonight and maybe not! :0) Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 1:14 am

[B][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Well let’s see here it is Friday & that crappy numbness & all the aggravation it brought with it is still going. I hope after I go to bed tonight & wake in the morning it will have backed off. What a crappy day I had yesterday, I hope everyone will keep this thing going. Just to let everyone know how their feeling .[/FONT][/B]

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 1:36 am

legs really hurt all day and stayed in bed. Then friend came over and wanted to talk-told me her doc had called and told her she had bone cancer. I spent the rest of my day with her thinking how lucky and blessed I am to not be dying like she is. My legs didn’t hurt as much anymore.

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 1:54 am

Emma, I’m sorry to hear about your friend. She is in My Prayers. I don’t feel sooo bad after hearing of your friends future path. Sending Hugs your way Emma, one for you and one for your friend.
      Terry, I’m hoping your pain will subside for at least the weekend!!!:) Take Care My Friend!!

I think I’m relapsing due to a problem with an injury to my leg, it acted like an infection over 3 days last weekend, but then the redness left and the pain has been traveling up the leg and down to my foot. No dvt or fractures-thats a plus. I wear out just sitting for a short time, very fatigued, weak and increased pain level. Might have to call my dr in the a.m. for some pred. I’m sure he is tired of seeing me this week!!:rolleyes: Take Care!

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 10:01 am

Cheryl, get that looked at asap. You don’t need/want a relapse. Take care my friend. Hope you can get what you need today to help stop this in it’s tracks. Hugs.

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 10:54 am

My stomach is in knots b/c I sent Connor off to kindergarten today. My hands are hurting a bit…but my legs arent hurting at all. They are a bit more weak than normal.
      I feel pretty good otherwise. Looking forward to hearing all about my little man’s day when I pick him up at 330. He was so handsome !

well wishes to all,
      Stacey

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 11:16 am

Stacey, that’s a big step for both of you! Congrats on the new phase in your life! Can’t wait to hear about Conor’s first day!

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 12:43 pm

Well it’s Friday & I still don’t feel ready for primetime, I have one more night at work this wk. Just hope I can get through it ok, still got my numbness acting up & still having the pain. But it has backed off some, I wish for everyone to have a good day !

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 2:10 pm

Terry-hope you have a better weekend and your pain is a little less. Hop on that atv and go for a ride out to your lake and around the farm.
      Cheryl-thanks for the hugs and prayers-I made some calls for my friend today and have talked with her and her sis is going with her tonight for her MRI. And you get that leg checked out-maybe not a DVT but blood infection? Take good care.
      Stacey-what a big day for you!! I bet Connor is having a blast and can hardly wait to get home and tell mom everything.
      Jan-I hope your back is better. You wrote some great posts to the two new gbs patients/family. You always come through. Hope you have a good weekend.
      Me-well I see my gp Tues and got another plan, since I read so many posts here. I think maybe seeing a neuromuscular neurologist at U of M makes sense for a 2nd opinion to determine if I am relapsing or progressing and then he can act as a consultant to my local neurologist. It will be a 6 hr round trip drive and probably an overnight stay, but it just seems to make more sense to me. My numbness in my fingers is more of a nuisance rather than pain. But it’s my legs that throb all the time. I can walk a short distance and then the backs of my legs throb. So I stop and stand for a few moments and the throbbing goes away, but if I stand too long then my legs go completely numb. The constant throbbing is in my ankles and feet-nothing seems to help with that, and somedays it wears me down hurting all the time.
      I hope you all have a good weekend.
      Emma

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 2:38 pm

[B]Hi Terry,

I seem to be having alot of numbness and pain in my legs and the back pain seems to come and go alot, today is a bad day for me.. Seems like I’ll never be the same since these fractured disks crap.I’m still on major pain meds and prednisone since February. The prednisone is making me a crazed woman. But I don’t have a choice right now, need to take all the meds. Anyway I carry on as usual like nothing is bothering me, I probably shouldn’t do that. I do take time to lay flat on my back until the pain meds take me away to La La land. [/B]

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 3:08 pm

Today, I feel more like my old self since having open heart surgery and getting GBS 10 months ago. The tingling in lower legs is mild today and feet are still numb, blood pressure is great today. I won’t question it but take each good day and be thankful for it.
      I pray for good days for each of you.
      Stacey, Conners big day takes me back to when my son started his first day. I was happy for that big step but cried like a baby when it happened. He made it through school and just finished serving four years in the Marines.
      Enjoy each new adventure, the time passes to quickly.
      Better days to all
      Shirley

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2008 at 10:33 pm

Thanks Canada Jan and Emma. I have had it checked twice since last friday, and then it dawned on me maybe its the nerves and a different type of relapse—i was right. I called my dr and got a script for pred, hopefully it will turn everything around by morning. If it doesn’t I’ll be to the not moving stage. This relapse started from the leg sore and has been ascending from there. It has affected my left leg, left arm, lower right leg, right hand and some auto system.:( I hope the pred is going to level all this stuff off again.
      Stacey, You must be soo proud of your little man!! I can still remember sending my daughter and little man off to school, Wow what a mix of emotions that was. But in a good way of course!:) Now my daughter is a lovely young lady in the 10th grade and my little man is in the 5th.:eek: Another week 1/2 before they go back.:cool:
      Hope Everyone has a Painfree weekend!!!

• August 16, 2008 at 1:26 am

Feeling much better! Pain is at a minimum and have been able to spend time hanging out with the kids and havent complained about my feet or legs. I am sure they are glad for that ๐Ÿ™‚ 3 weeks of pain wore me out, I spent the past couple of days taking long early afternoon naps and then spent the rest of the day with the kids. I am going to set aside some time to myself…know of a couple of quiet beautiful places…and pray for my family here and for myself and family. The peace and beauty of nature always makes me feel closer to God and heals my soul. I think the kids will enjoy a day at the river or lake too.

They want to go bowling…can I bowl?! It would be fun, and I am sure if I use a light ball I could manage. Good exercise and fun is always great therapy. We even have a roller rink here! I havent been roller skating in years!! Hmmmm….

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 2:39 am

FOM-Go for it-the bowling and the skating!!!! Glad you are better. You have been in my prayers.
      Emma

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 7:06 am

Feeling bad today. In horrible horrible pain but am going to force myself out of the house today and go get some groceries. Need milk and cat food and a few snacks for the week. Rainy here today and been slow all morning. Maybe this afternoon will be better.

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 10:12 am

Morning to all.
      I had a really bad day yesterday. Just felt bad. Shakey with much weakness. I was asleep on the sofa & got a bad cramp in left upper leg. I was trying to get up and fell off the sofa hit my rollator with left leg and left ankle was swollen immediately. Iced and elevated all evening, much better this morning but bruising present. So thats what you call graceful :p
      I hope ya’ll all start to feel better for the weekend.
      Today is my grandsons 9th b-day party. They are all so precious, love those greandkids.
      Thinking of you all and hoping things get better.

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 10:33 am

Fairly Odd Mother…your comments about nature reminded me of a poem I wrote a few years ago…

The peace
      And solitude
      Of this quiet place
      Lead me to believe
      There is nowhere
      Else on this earth
      Where I can be closer to
      God.

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 10:59 am

[FONT=Georgia]I no feel so hot this morning, as something went screwey with my back at work last night. Now I have 2 things to mess up my weekend, NP & a Backache. :confused: [/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 12:35 pm

Terry,
      Sorry to hear your not feeling well today. Try & get some rest. Just have a lazy day!:)
      Janet, what a great poem. Thanks!
      Thinking of you all.

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 12:51 pm

Hi everyone. Well a sharp cramp in my right calf got me awake and out of bed fast, but that hasn’t happened in a long time.

Loved your poem Jan. I feel so close to God when I stand and look out over Lake Michigan and think of all His creations.

Terry-take care. I pm’d you. This is one of many great threads that you have started, and I apprecriate all your help and advice.

Going to have all fresh veggies, beans, corns, potatoes, tomatoes, tonight with some BLT’s and take a ride with some friends tomorrow. Quiet time.

Take care everyone.

• August 16, 2008 at 2:28 pm

Mmmmm BLTs sound way yummy! I’m going to the store!

Jan, if I can capture the perfect picture, may I use your poem with it? You’d be given credit of course ๐Ÿ™‚

There is a white oak tree in an older part of town that I want to get a photo of…when the leaves start changing. I have kept some leaves from my own baby white oak that I will add around the mat and photo, but it needs an extra touch. Your poem would be an awesome part of it!

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 3:30 pm

FOM-that sounds so perfect. Will you post it or send me a copy? I’ll pay for it. Have a perfect place for it.Say yes Jan, SAY YES:D

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 6:27 pm

Of course you may use it. And there are lots more where that came from. One of the things I have done over the years is write poetry. All kinds. It has been therapeutic for me. I have one that I would love to share but it needs a special background. If you ever photograph a koala bear and kids, it would be perfect for me and that poem!

I haven’t written anything for about 10 years. Not sure why. Should get back to it though.

• August 16, 2008 at 9:52 pm

Once I get the photo taken, I will get to work on the artwork and post a copy of it…I’d be honored to send ya a print Emma!

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2008 at 10:14 pm

Hello all.

I feel pretty good today. We went back to that waterpark that I struggled with a few weeks ago. Today was better b/c hubby was with me and he was able to climb the stairs at the waterslide.

I do have alot of pain in my neck and shoulders…I know that alot of it is stress.

I used to write alot of poetry…the last one I wrote was to my husband on our one year anniversary. Maybe I’ll share it if anyone is interested.

I’m getting so tan but my cheeks are a bit pink from today. I’m worn out as can be….

hope everyone is having a good weekend.

well wishes.
      Stacey

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2008 at 1:35 am

I have been up and down for the last few weeks. Usually a precursor to a relapse. I thought that my IVig would help stave it off…nope.

Today, I couldn’t move well when I woke up, took 15 min just to get out of bed! Walking is hard, lots of electric shocks in my feet. Feel like a little old decrepit hobbit!

I also feel mentally overwhelmed — new meds again, and I am tempted to just give up. Doc wants to try methotrexate since nothing else seems to be giving me relief. I tried azathiaprine for almost a year with no real change, not sure if this will be any better. I feel like a mouse on a treadmill…

See – obviously in a great frame of mind today!!! Oh, well, hopefully tomorrow will be better! sorry for being grumpy ๐Ÿ™

Debs

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2008 at 9:15 am

[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Well this is one person that does not feel so great this morning, the np is still letting me have it. As well as the backpain that has made for a quite miserable wknd, just hoping to have a half decent day. I can’t do anything but stay in a grouchy mood, due to those 2 factors. :confused: [/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 17, 2008 at 10:25 am

Hi everyone, man this is bad news when everyone is struggling isn’t it? I had a fair bit of pain yesterday as well and again this am. I am hoping it abates a bit so I can enjoy the day. It is always worse in the mornings for me.

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 10:09 am

Still hurting today. More muscle spasms/cramps and tingling/buzzing is worse today. Also, itchy all over, especially my hands. :confused: Not sure if that is related to residuals?

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 10:35 am

I slept pretty decent last night and started out my morning okay. But then it hit me like a ton of bricks and am now feeling bad myself. I think mine is where I over pushed on the weekend and am now paying for it! At least I got a few things done this morning. Not much but some things. Going to go now and soak in my tub a while. Maybe that will help!

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 11:07 am

Jan and Terry-Sorry you are hurting. I feel pretty good today, so would gladly shoulder some of your pain. Have the constant pain in my feet, but I probably wouldn’t know what to do with myself if I didn’t have that pain. See my gp tomorrow so will discuss what’s better and what we still need to work on. Take care you guys. Terry, take it easy at work tonight. Jan, is there something in the hay that is making you itch? Try calamine lotion or Benadryl? That itching can drive you crazy. Get better Canada.

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 11:18 am

Emma, never thought about the hay making me itch. Good thought. I have some Benedryl or something similar that I take for hives when they hit. Going to try that. Thank you.

• August 18, 2008 at 1:12 pm

Jan…I go thru itchy times. I end up taking a shower and scrubbing with exfoliating mitts I bought and a moisturizing soap. fortunately I dont have sensitivity to the scrubbing so I get to relieve the itching while exfoliating. Benedryl used to work for me, but now it makes me have this bizarre rushing feeling as I start to fall asleep. If I am really itchy, I talk hubby into slathering me with a minty lotion. Dont recall ever having itching spells before GBS. Mild nasal allergies, but not all over insane itching.

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 4:38 pm

Hi hope you all are feeling as best as you can. I woke up today feeling shaky. My hands and feet have been buzzing and humming stronger than “normal”. And I’m a bit off balance. Guess I need to rest more.

• Anonymous
      August 18, 2008 at 9:56 pm

[FONT=Georgia]I had another crappy day, I made a mistake this morning though. I put one of the lidoderm pain patches on my back & for some reason the pain started kicking in even more. That has never happened before, they always helped before but not today. All I can say is what a day ![/FONT]

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2008 at 10:17 am

Terry, how are you doing today? Is that back any better? Hopefully you have been able to rest it and take care.

I am having a good start to the day. Not as sore as the previous couple days. That is a blessing in and of itself.

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2008 at 11:09 am

I’m feeling pretty good today. Still in my PJ’s slow start to the day.
      I hope all is well. Take care & have a wonderful day.

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2008 at 12:45 pm

My balance is really off today and am very fatigued so rescheduled all my appointments to tomorrow. Tired after just fixing my oatmeal, so reading and writing a bit here and then going back to bed. Wishing a better day for everyone else.

• Anonymous
      August 19, 2008 at 3:06 pm

Emma,
      I’m sorry you are having a bad day. Rest and take care of yourself. Thinking of you.:)

• Anonymous
      August 20, 2008 at 1:48 am

Well I guess I just started our day out for us all in here and sure hope when you wake up your morning was better than mine! I just got back from the ER tonight. Will post that in another posting because I have questions. My hands right now are on fire. Burning so bad that the only thing that is helping to keep them cool is an ice pack! When I first started out with this nerve damage mess I only had the numbness, tingling, vibrating stuff. Never had nerve pain like this before. This stuff is painful! I don’t know how many of you in here deal with it! Certainly takes a strong mind! Right now, I don’t feel that strong! Hugs everybody! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that everybody else wakes up having a wonderful day and no suffering!