hey…

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2006 at 1:04 am

hey. in october my dad was diagnosed with GBS. he had a lot of complications and stuff but after it got better he started therapy and everything. he was in rehab until january and then he suddenly died. i know that its rare for people with GBS to die from it and i’ve researched it a little but i was jsut wondering since the doctors haven’t given a cause of why he died, did he die from GBS and if so how because he was recovering?

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2006 at 7:18 am

hi glorsmor & welcome,

w/o more info one guess could be respiratory failure. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2006 at 7:49 pm

Hi,

Im not sure why the doc’s havent explained why he died? There are so many things that could be a possibility one cant even begin to speculate. How old was your father? I’m sure you have looked at some of these as a possibility ……. Infection – which is easy to get in hospital and can obviously be fatal. I guess you would also have to look if he had another underlying illness that they maybe they werent aware of. I do find it strange however that he seems to have been on the road to recovery.

• Anonymous
      August 15, 2006 at 11:16 pm

[QUOTE=ali]Hi,

Im not sure why the doc’s havent explained why he died? There are so many things that could be a possibility one cant even begin to speculate. How old was your father? I’m sure you have looked at some of these as a possibility ……. Infection – which is easy to get in hospital and can obviously be fatal. I guess you would also have to look if he had another underlying illness that they maybe they werent aware of. I do find it strange however that he seems to have been on the road to recovery.[/QUOTE]

he was 45. the doctors don’t know why he died like on his autopsy they said he died of natural causes or something. thay also said he had something with his heart but they said it wasn’t severe enough to kill him. like he was doing fine they got him to like stand and walk a little and he was doing better and then he like just died in the middle of the night they don’t know why

• Anonymous
      August 16, 2006 at 3:12 pm

I wouldnt be happy with the answers you seem to be getting from the doctors. Natural causes at 45 sounds rather strange to me, I mean, what exactly does ‘Natural causes’ mean? I think that somehow you need to get the doctors to answer your questions. If you dont feel you are up to it, maybe you or some family members should find someone you are comfortable with to help communicate with the hospital and/or doctors.