heparin recall again

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2008 at 2:02 pm

Just got this notice from a site called healthier,com and was wondering if anyone else has heard anything on it. I went under FDA recalls heparin and on page 40 it is dated Nov. 8.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1857240,00.html

Hope this does not affect anyone here.

Dreamer

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2008 at 2:55 pm

Dreamer-Thanks for the info. I printed it off to give to my nurse and will check my pharmacy who their supplier is.
      Emma

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2008 at 4:54 pm

I just saw that this morning too! I read on the FDA site drug recalls and boy was that a shocker at what all they had listed. These drug companies are getting away with murder! Makes me scared of trying a new drug out because of this!

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2008 at 10:22 pm

Scary…… the infusion center is using heparin to flush my PICC line every week. I have two more treatments to go before they pull the catheter.

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2008 at 4:30 am

Here I am getting ready to get the same treatment you are on and they use Heparin! Dear dear dear! Not sure what they will use on me but if it’s heparin… I will refuse it! LOL! Hugs! Yeah yeah I know! I’m a chicken! Bak bak bak! 😀

• Anonymous
      November 12, 2008 at 11:15 am

Don’t worry. Heparin is only used on PICC lines, ports and IV left in for another day. The nurses must use the blood thinner to keep the line open. I don’t think there is an alternative. I’ll talk to my nurse Monday when I go back for another infusion.

• November 12, 2008 at 12:09 pm

Linda,
      Don’t worry, there are many brands of heparin. If your line is in for a couple of days you have to get it. If you feel strongly about it, you could be accessed every day. We use B/D.
      Dawn Kevies mom