Help Needed in Texas

• Anonymous
      December 29, 2006 at 8:19 pm

Hi all. I have learned of a woman in Edinburg, TX that has GBS. Her family is very poor. She is on a vent, but is in danger of losing her suction machine. Here is the link to the story:

[url]http://www.themonitor.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Template=/GlobalTemplates/Details.cfm&StoryID=16979&Section=Local,12Days06[/url]

It looks as though you’ll have to cut and paste it in your browser’s address bar. This story will break your heart.

I was struck with a severe case of GBS with Miller Fisher varient in February ’06. I am now recovering at home. My parents winter in Edinburg and sent me this story.

I am planning to travel down to see them in the next couple of weeks from Minnesota. If there is anyone out there that knows of a used suction machine or medical resources I could contact, I would be more than happy to transport it.

Also, is there anyone close who might be able to talk to her? I would be curious what medication she is taking, if any. It seems she’s been very ill for a long time.

Thanks for your posts, they’ve been very helpful to me in understanding this crazy disease, er syndrome.

Shiner
      [I]GBS onset 2/06[/I]

• Anonymous
      December 30, 2006 at 6:20 pm

This is a very sad story, and I wonder if there is a liaison in that area that could look into it. Also, hopefully some non profits in the area will get involved with some kind of help, wether it is financial, equipment or maybe even food. It is however unfortunate that the reporter got a few facts wrong ….

[LEFT][QUOTE]
      Juan Manuel’s mother, Hortencia, suffers from Guillian Barre, a rare respiratory illness. The disorder, which causes inflammation that damages part of the nervous system, has baffled doctors since she first became ill in August 2004.
      [/QUOTE][/LEFT]

• Anonymous
      January 1, 2007 at 7:37 pm

Hi Sad Story. You wonder if she has CIPD not GBS. Anyway it is the December 20, 2006 story entitled Family’s Life on Hold with Sick Mother. I had a little time getting it to come up. It is in the local section. You can use the date to help you get the story. I’ll be praying for the family.

Caroline