Happy News

• December 5, 2009 at 3:32 pm

I don’t post often because my CIDP just seems to coast along – numb but painful feet, weak grip, tremors, prednisone weight gain, etc. No dramatic problems, no apparent progress.

However, after years of check ups with absent or minimal reflexes, yesterday my legs kicked out when the hammer hit my knees. Wow. My neurologist and I were wonderfully surprised.

After 10 years I have hope.
      Flossie

• Anonymous
      December 5, 2009 at 4:53 pm

Congratulations!! That’s wonderful for you, and gives hope to many others!!
      Thanks for sharing!

Elmo

• Anonymous
      December 5, 2009 at 8:36 pm

Whatever are you doing right? I want to know.
      Keep it up whatever it is! What a Christmas present! ALMOST Kicking the neuro in the face? I am smiling at the thought….. Ho Ho?

• Anonymous
      December 5, 2009 at 9:14 pm

thats awsome!! I am sure that everyone at this site can appreciate what that implies. Reflexes are something that you dont really aknowledge until they are gone.

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2009 at 4:12 am

Hi, Flossie.

Great news! Keep up the good work — whatever it is.

Deb
      London

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2009 at 10:10 am

Hi Flossie,
      That can probably be taken as really good news. I am 11ys into CIDP and I still don’t have that reflex.

• Anonymous
      December 6, 2009 at 10:31 am

[QUOTE=eightplusfive]Hi, Flossie.

Great news! Keep up the good work — whatever it is.

Deb
      London[/QUOTE]

[FONT=”Arial”][COLOR=”DarkRed”]And will I ever second that !! What great news … and right before the holidays.[/COLOR][/FONT] 🙂

• Anonymous
      December 10, 2009 at 7:52 pm

Way to go. Order more hammers !!!!!

• December 10, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Y I P P E E !!! 😀 I love good (encouraging) news. Now here’s to a full recovery.

Gary

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2009 at 1:14 am

Flossie, I think I heard the Rocketts need 1 more high kicker!!:D
      How Awesome is that!!! Keep Up The Recovery!!!:)

• December 11, 2009 at 2:15 am

Thanks for your encouragement. I wonder if the vitamin supplements I have been taking all these years have made a difference?

My neurologist has always been happy that the prednisone has kept me walking. I’ve never been able to reduce the steroid dosage below 15m every other day. I had my first IVIG in April 2007 and am going next week for a 4 day “booster” IVIG.

I guess my nerves to the muscles are growing even though I have not noticed any outward change. I am excited and grateful to have evidence of healing.

Flossie

• Anonymous
      December 11, 2009 at 3:26 pm

Great News to hear.

There is always Hope. I hope the news bring a better year for ya.
      –tim–