Happy Mother’s Day

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Just wanted to wish all of you who qualify in any way a very happy Mother’s Day and a special thank you for being a “Mom”!

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2011 at 11:55 pm

I did have a wonderful Mother’s Day. Youngest son took me out to lunch, my other son took my mom out & hubbie paid his own. It was nice being all together though. Also, went to the nursing home to see my mother-in-law. Did miss my daughter’s family though as they live 3 hours away…

Happy Mother’s Day! :)

• Anonymous
      May 9, 2010 at 12:17 am

One of the first things that impressed me when I joined this forum is the wonderful network of mothers who are devoting their lives to their very special children. Moms who sit up with their children when they can’t sleep at night because the pain is so bad. Moms who spend hours hunting the internet looking for maybe not answers, but maybe hints on how to make their children more comfortable. Moms who wait hours with their children for minutes with the doctor hoping for a new medication, proceedure or process that might just help this time. And those same moms take their valuable time to offer me, a newbie, advise counsel or comfort. To you wonderful ladies I say “Thanks!”, enjoy your day – rest a little, pamper yourself if possible. Happy Mother’s Day! 🙂

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Thank you Cathie, how thoughtful of you. The ‘child’ I take care of is 34 I had to move her back with me 2 years ago. It’s been a very rough road. An expensive one, too. But thank you for the recognition.

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2010 at 11:35 am

Cathie,

That was really nice of you. One of my children has some medical issues, and I have had a lot to deal with since he was born 4 years ago. He is a healthy, happy, smart little boy, but we have been through a lot to help him (7 surgeries so far), and it has been challenging. That is why I get mad that I got GBS because I feel like I have already been put through the wringer, but I just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and doing the best I can. I will do whatever it takes to make sure that my son has a normal life and the best life possible, not unlike any of these moms on here. I think we should all give ourselves a pat on the back! 🙂

Happy Mother’s Day

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2008 at 3:52 pm

Hello to all and Happy Mother’s day. Hope everyone has a good one.
      Thinking of you.

• Anonymous
      May 10, 2008 at 5:41 pm

Hi Beth,
      Thank you for your kind wishes. My daughter is taking me to the movies today for Mother’s day – I haven’t been to the movies in years! Actually, not since coming down with CIDP.
      Kind regards,
      Kazza

• May 10, 2008 at 10:17 pm

Happy Mother’s Day to you too Beth! I hope you have a nice day!
      \Dawn

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2008 at 2:48 am

There are a lot of GREAT moms in this family, but I especially want to say “Happy Day” to you moms with children with GBS/CIDP. You are real heroes and and deserve a special celebration!

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2008 at 11:13 pm

Hope everyone’s day was good. We bbq’ed and I planted some roses in the evening. I did exactly what I wanted to do today, absolutely nothing.

Love, Lori

Happy Mother’s Day

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2007 at 12:49 pm

[B]It’s that time of the year to Honor Mothers, Grandmothers, Sisters, and Aunts, and Godmothers this Sunday May 13th.

Though my Mom and Grandmothers are gone now and some of my Aunts, I miss them, but they are never far from my everyday thoughts and will always stay in my heart. They thought me how to be the mother that I am, to love, to cherish and to teach my sons how to love all of humanity, to be kind and gentle while still being the strong men they are today.

[SIZE=”6″]Happy Mother’s Day To All and May You Always Have Peace In Your Heart.[/SIZE][/B]

• Anonymous
      May 8, 2007 at 2:12 pm

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL MOTHERS AND GRANDMOTHERS May you all have a wonderful day.

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2007 at 3:41 pm

I hope all you mother’s have the greatest day of your life. Hate to sound egotistical but we deserve it. Unfortunately I have to work!!! I also Hope and pray that my mother makes it to this day. Love ya, xoxoxoxoxoxo Roxie

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2007 at 3:52 pm

Roxie,

I hope your mother makes it too. I assume she is ill?

I have to share that I really have a hard time with this… my mother died 8 years ago and I still miss her everyday so much. I was her baby (the youngest). I do not have any children, nor do my 3 sisters. We are ‘non-breeders’ as someone told me recently. I’m trying to smile with you all… my friends say we women are all mothers. Yes, but it just isn’t the same. Okay, enough whining and back to…

[FONT=”Palatino Linotype”][B][SIZE=”4″][COLOR=”Blue”]Happy Mother’s Day To All You Beautiful, Wonderful Mothers on this forum. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2007 at 5:01 pm

[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to ALL the MOMS, GRANDMOMS and ALL the LADIES (you are ALL wise and supportive).:) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2007 at 5:41 pm

[QUOTE=Roxie]I hope all you mother’s have the greatest day of your life. Hate to sound egotistical but we deserve it. Unfortunately I have to work!!! I also Hope and pray that my mother makes it to this day. Love ya, xoxoxoxoxoxo Roxie[/QUOTE]

Hi Roxie,

Thank you for the Happy Mother’s Day wishes. I’m sending you “Big Brandy Hugs” and lots of prayers for Mom.

[B]Happy Mother’s Day to you too Roxie.[/B]

I miss you girlfriend.:)

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2007 at 2:34 pm

Happy Mother’s Day. May you have a great day and may you wishes be granted.

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2007 at 8:25 am

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/mothersday/2.gif[/img] [B]HAPPY MOTHERS DAY [/B][img]http://bestsmileys.com/mothersday/1.gif[/img]

Happy Mother’s Day

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2006 at 4:44 pm

For All You Moms, Grandmothers and Special Aunts,

[B]Wishing You All A Wonderful, Happy Mother’s Day.[/B]

I hope your day is extra special, because you deserve it. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2006 at 5:10 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”3″][COLOR=”Navy”]Hi Everyone :p
      “Happy Mother’s Day !!!!”

Hugs,
      Dawn~Lynn
      [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2006 at 6:36 pm

Okay, I have to ask – when is Mother’s Day in America? Because it has been and gone here in Ireland.

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2006 at 6:49 pm

Mother’s day in the States is this coming Sunday May 14 th, but you can celebrate it with us a second time.

So Have A Happy Mother’s Day Teresa.:) 🙂

• Anonymous
      May 11, 2006 at 7:12 pm

Teresa,

Neither mothers day, nor fathers day is ever the same in the U.S. as it is in the U.K. My hubby is from the U.K. and we ALWAYS miss mothers day for his mom. My parents are in South Africa, and they celebrate the same dates as the U.S., so its easy for me. Sorry if I bored you, just a little bit of useless info there for you.

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 8:34 am

This will be my first Mother’s Day as mom to my newly adopted daughter and wouldn’t you know it – my wonderful husband is off galivanting through Europe and won’t be here that morning to bring me tea and yummy bakery treats that I am not supposed to eat. 😀 I will have to make do with a wet smackie from my wee girl and baby cereal in my hair. Gotta love it!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! Remember to call your Mother(s) to tell her you love her.

• Anonymous
      May 12, 2006 at 1:14 pm

This is for the mothers who have sat up all night with sick toddlers in their arms, wiping up barf laced with Oscar Mayer wieners and cherry Kool-Aid saying, “It’s okay honey, Mommy’s here.” Who have sat in rocking chairs for hours on end soothing crying babies who can’t be comforted.

This is for all the mothers who show up at work with spit-up in their hair and milk stains on their blouses and diapers in their purse. For all the mothers who run carpools and make cookies and sew Halloween costumes. And all the mothers who DON’T.

This is for the mothers who gave birth to babies they’ll never see. And the mothers who took those babies and gave them homes.

This is for the mothers whose priceless art collections are hanging on their refrigerator doors. And for all the mothers who froze their buns on metal bleachers at football or soccer games instead of watching from the warmth of their cars, so that when their kids asked, “Did you see me, Mom?” they could say, “Of course, I wouldn’t have missed it for the world,” and mean it.

This is for all the mothers who yell at their kids in the grocery store and swat them in despair when they stomp their feet and scream for ice cream before dinner. And for all the mothers who count to ten instead, but realize how child abuse happens.

This is for all the mothers who sat down with their children and explained all about making babies. And for all the (grand) mothers who wanted to, but just couldn’t find the words.

This is for all the mothers who go hungry, so their children can eat. For all the mothers who read “Goodnight, Moon” twice a night for a year. And then read it again. “Just one more time.”

This is for all the mothers who taught their children to tie their shoelaces before they started school. And for all the mothers who opted for Velcro instead.

This is for all the mothers who teach their sons to cook and their daughters to sink a jump shot.

This is for every mother whose head turns automatically when a little voice calls “Mom?” in a crowd, even though they know their own offspring are at home — or even away at college.

This is for all the mothers who sent their kids to school with stomach aches, assuring them they’d be just FINE once they got there, only to get calls from the school nurse an hour later asking them to please pick them up. Right away.

This is for mothers whose children have gone astray, who can’t find the words to reach them. For all the mothers who bite their lips until they bleed when their 14 year olds dye their hair green. For all the mothers of the victims of recent school shootings, and the mothers of those who did the shooting. For the mothers of the survivors, and the mothers who sat in front of their TVs in horror, hugging their child who just came home from school, safely.

This is for all the mothers who taught their children to be peaceful, and now pray they come home safely from a war.

What makes a good Mother anyway?

Is it patience? Compassion? Broad hips? The ability to nurse a baby, cook dinner, and sew a button on a shirt, all at the same time?

Or is it in her heart? Is it the ache you feel when you watch your son or daughter disappear down the street, walking to school alone for the very first time?

The jolt that takes you from sleep to dread, from bed to crib at 2 A.M. to put your hand on the back of a sleeping baby?

The panic, years later, that comes again at 2 A.M. when you just want to hear their key in the door and know they are safe again in your home?

Or the need to flee from wherever you are and hug your child when you hear news of a fire, a car accident, a child dying?

The emotions of motherhood are universal and so our thoughts are for young mothers stumbling through diaper changes and sleep deprivation… And mature mothers learning to let go.

For working mothers and stay-at-home mothers. Single mothers and married mothers. Mothers with money, mothers without.

This is for you all. For all of us.

Hang in there. In the end we can only do the best we can. Tell them every day that we love them. And pray.

Home is what catches you when you fall – and we all fall.”

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2006 at 11:57 am

Bringing this back up for all the Wonderful Moms on our forums.:) 🙂 🙂

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2006 at 2:06 pm

[FONT=”Palatino Linotype”]To ALL The Lovely Mothers & Grandmothers on This Wonderful Site::)

[/FONT][CENTER] [COLOR=”DarkOrange”][SIZE=”6″][I]HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY![/I][/SIZE][/COLOR] [/CENTER]

Hugs, Myrt

• Anonymous
      May 13, 2006 at 6:41 pm

Happy Mother Day to All,

We celebrate mothers day on the 14th of May also in Australia. Should be uniform around the world.

Debbie

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2006 at 1:23 am

Happy Mother’s Day To All Moms!!!!!!!!:)