Going home tomorrow

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2007 at 8:33 pm

Yippeee!!!!!!

Tomorrow is the 5 week anniversary of going into hospital and being diagnosed with CIDP and I get to go home from rehab. hospital. 😀 😀

If anyone is in the St. Louis area and needs a good neuro. I highly reccomend Dr. Lopate and Dr. Parks at Barnes-Jewish hospital…..after messing with my regular dr. for almost a month we went to Barnes and within 48 hours had been diagnosed, and had started treatment….I also reccomend the rehab. institute of st. louis…..when I got here I was almost totally paralized…3 weeks later am still in a wheelchair but can walk short distances with a walker and am almost totally independant…at least in a hospital setting….thankfully they have 2 or 3 therapists that have worked with g/b and cidp patients so they know just how hard to push and not push.

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2007 at 9:06 pm

congrats on going like the saying says–there is no place like home.
      mj

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2007 at 12:22 am

Now the learning to live at home fun and games begin?
      I do remember that coming home and SHOWERING to my heart’s content [and the water heater’s ability] was one of the very best parts [Not to mention the 4 hour ‘nap’ after?]
      Things that you used to be able to do without thinking might be hard to do at first, just be patient and stubborn…but, pace yourself carefully.
      It’s hard to pace yourself, you sort of HAVE TO THINK out what you do first, second then last, before ‘resting’?
      For me it was always the Bathroom, food and water, then keeping up a meds schedule…then NAPS! Working the PT into life and learning the exercises you can do at home helps a lot, you can pace yourself and surprise yourself as to how much progress you can make in the path to ‘almost normal’!
      It sure sounds like you got lucky finding astute docs who got you on the really right treatments ASAP! Count your blessings each and every day, then forget about those worst scenarios? Go forward with a fighting attitude!

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2007 at 10:12 am

Congrats and glad to hear your on the road to recovery.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2007 at 2:29 pm

Hello,
      Here’s a card for you. Just let us know what you have a problem with and the experts here will help you.

[IMG]http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/9618/congradulationsjf2.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2007 at 2:45 pm

[COLOR=”Blue”][SIZE=”4″]There is no place like home. Congratulation![/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2007 at 6:29 pm

[SIZE=”4″]Congratulations! What a (s)mile stone :D[/SIZE]

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2007 at 1:54 am

[COLOR=sandybrown]That’s Great News!!! I agree with Home-The showers were the Best!!!:) I still love taking long ones![/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#f4a460]Don’t forget to take rest breaks often, and in between the breaks-Live Your Life To The Fullest!!!:D Keep us posted![/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2007 at 12:41 pm

Just wonderful!! I am so happy for you.

Blu

• Anonymous
      October 21, 2007 at 8:57 pm

That is wonderful news! Enjoy your first days back at home, and take it easy.

• Anonymous
      October 22, 2007 at 4:27 am

Yea! My first few days at home I didn’t sleep enough because I wanted to stay awake just to celebrate being HOME again! Get plenty of rest and congratulations!