found some relief for the foot pain

• Anonymous
      September 15, 2011 at 8:58 pm

My foot pain has been a worsening problem, and there’s been no relief up till now. Even painkillers weren’t helping, and neurogel seemed to deaden my feet too much, so it was even harder to walk.

Well, today I tried out a little device for foot-massage. It a small wooden platform (6 x 4 inches), and has 3 rows of 5 large wooden beads. It sits on the rug, and you just place 1 or both feet on it, and rub the sole and sides of your foot back and forth on these rolling-beads, which massages all that horrible cramping pain away, and gives relief. Aaahhhhhhh!!!

Got it at the thrift shop for 50 cents. And in the absence of a real foot physiotherapist, or a foot-massaging spouse or child, it does the job. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anonymous
      September 17, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Wonderful” My feet hurt so I hobble and my toes curl to one side. Is there a name on your bead massage??

• September 18, 2011 at 10:18 pm

is this similar?
      [url]http://www.amazon.com/Soothera-Wooden-Ball-Foot-Massager/dp/B002CVTU0G/ref=pd_sim_hpc8[/url]

Sounds like a wonderful way to relax away the days wear and tear. I am wondering if it would help my friend who suffers from plantars fasciitis too. I am so glad you have found some relief! I hope it continues my friend

• Anonymous
      September 19, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Yes, that website photo of the foot massager that you posted is almost exactly the same as what I have. Only your pic shows the device as curved, while mine is flat.
      And it really does give some relief from all that terrible, knotted muscle pain in the feet.
      I don’t think it would work during the first year or so of GBS, when the nerve pain makes the feet feel fiery.
      But it really helps to ease out some of those awful pains in the aftermath of GBS, when the fragile, damaged feet take so much pressure of our daily living, and are so easily pained, and at the end of the day, we can barely stagger into bed. ๐Ÿ˜€
      Mine is sitting right on the floor at my bedside. Great for the feet, maybe even other muscles that are particularly sore.

With flat feet, or other painful foot problems (plantar fasciitis), the GBS pain is even worse. I have really low arches, so have more contact with the floor and footwear is very hard to fit, and I have to use lots of foam insoles. GBS intensifies the pain and problems in walking. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
      I also do the range of motion foot exercises while lying flat on my bed, and it eases the ankle muscle pain, and helps to relax the feet. If I don’t do them, the pain sometimes won’t ease up, and then keeps me awake most of the night.

• Anonymous
      October 8, 2011 at 12:48 pm

This looks very interesting… I’m checking with my family to see if anyone has one hiding in their closet – or I’ll buy the one from Amazon. Thanks for the info!!!

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I’ve been using it most nights for the past little while. When I massage my feet with it, I can relax and fall asleep. When I forget to do that, I end up tossing and turning in bed with sore feet for a long time.
      Any little bit helps.

• Anonymous
      October 16, 2011 at 7:52 pm

This is fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing this! I try to keep things away from my feet because of the sensitivity of the skin on my feet, but if I can pass that, I might get some relief from the feeling of hot shards of glass in-between my bones. I can’t wait to try it!

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2011 at 10:11 am

I’m not sure if anyone right in GBS onset will be able to stand using this foot-massager yet. As I recall, my feet were so hyper-sensitive for the first 2 years, that even the texture of my socks was agony on the skin of my feet. But after 2 years or so, my feet became more and more ‘comfortably numb’, so there was less sensitivity that way, although I still have to watch out for hot and cold, and shoe-comfort, and standing too long.

But it’s worthwhile for the time when the hyper-sensitivity subsides somewhat, and you suffer from all those knots of contracted muscle pain in the feet, as well as super-sore feet. I just place one foot on the side of it to hold it down, then roll the other foot on the wooden beads for a few minutes, then exchange feet. What a difference it makes to relieve the pain and make it easier to fall asleep at night!

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2011 at 12:14 pm

I have found a pair of orthonics. (custom made inserts) have helped alot with the walk on rocks feeling. they had to do some adjusting by adding a nother support to keep some pressure off the balls of my feet. I can now go most of an 8 hour shiftr without wanting to go home. I still crawl out of my truck when I get home but can still work.
      Ron

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Congratulations on ‘going outside the box’ (The Big Box Store) to find a solution that works for you.

I see you describe them as custom made orthotics. Would that everyone will make the decision that they must “spoil” themselves.

Of course cost $$$$ is always an issue. But, sometimes you gotta spoil yourself to make this tough life easier.

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2011 at 11:15 am

Hi D.U.

Well I’ve checked the thrift stores and even the Asian market without luck. So I’m going to order one I found on Amazon – its only $12 but the shipping will probably be as much. That means I have to buy something else to make the shipping cost worth the while… I love to shop online :p

• Anonymous
      October 20, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Chrissy, try Walmart or Shoppers Drug Mart; any big retail store or pharmacy outlet should have it, since it’s one of those little orthopedic devices for pain relief.
      I was lucky to get it for 50 cents at my thrift shop, but I’ve often seen them at yard sales too.

• Anonymous
      November 16, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Yeah!!! I got my foot massager I ordered from Amazon. At first try, it doesn’t hurt as my feet are ‘comfortably numb’. I had a horrible time all last night with my feet hurting so I’m looking forward to using this tonight. I figure 10-15 minutes per foot should stretch and wake my feet up some.

Thanks D.U. for advice on where else to find it… I think it was worth the $12 from Amazon.

Hopefully happy feet tonight ๐Ÿ˜€