Forum Search?

• Anonymous
      November 11, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Hi!

Is there no longer any way to search the forums? I can’t seem to find one….

Thanks!

Beth

• GH
      November 12, 2012 at 2:07 am

I’ve heard that the site manager intends to have that fixed, but it might be awhile due to limited resources.

• August 4, 2013 at 5:14 pm

This is important.

• September 13, 2013 at 3:09 am

I’m relatively new to these forums and don’t know when the search function was restored, but I can tell everyone that it’s working now.

It is only accessible from the main forum page: http://www.gbs-cidp.org/forums . The forums search box is located just above the column header title “Freshness”. Enter your keywords there and click the Search button.

The other search box “Search Site” in the upper right of your screen is for finding content in other areas of the site and is not intended for Forum searches.

• GH
      September 13, 2013 at 3:31 am

Jim-LA, thanks for pointing that out. I tried it and does, indeed, seem to work. I wonder why the site administrator didn’t bother to mention it in this forum (News and Announcements).

• January 7, 2014 at 12:11 pm

You can find the search box on the main forum page. I don’t think that you can search the forum from any other page because I have tried many pages but can’t see the search option on any other page than the forum home page. So in order to search forum you need to first visit the main page of forum and then search whatever you are looking for.

• January 11, 2014 at 3:13 am

Another way to search on the forum is to click another members’ name in a post. This takes you to their profile where you can learn more about them. If you click their “Topics Started” or “Replies Created” links, you can read through all of their posts.

This type of search can also be usefull if you want to learn what they had to say on a particular topic of interest to you.

You do not need to be signed in to use this feature!

Too bad there is no way to contact other members directly. The only way this could be done at present is to add contact information in your profile. Then others could contact you using the method(s) you choose. Since this could be added as text buried within text (example: n a m e AT g m a i l dot c o m) it would be quite safe from spambot harvesters and scrapers.

Tagged: