drug induced coma and the NIGHTMARES during

• Anonymous
      March 18, 2011 at 1:24 pm

I was in a drug induced coma for 8 weeks. I was having the most horrible nightmares of my entire life. To make things worse, I was semi aware of my surroundings. Ex: I remember seeing my parents cp# and wifes # written on the board in my room, that part was true. But, with the drugs I was on, I also saw a note that they were 90 miles away, near the New Jersey line and my hosp was in Philly. All untrue, and my hosp was really in Kileen,Tx!
      But 80% of my dreams were scary, VIVID, all seemed real!

Also, I saw, numerous times, the same little blonde haired girl about 8 y/o. At my scariest times she would come and hold my hand, tell me that i’ll be ok. Sometimes she would brush my hair and just smile, and sometimes climb up beside me and give me a hug. EVERYTIME I saw her was after a bad dream, and she ALWAYS made me feel safe. The only person I’ve shared this part with, is my wife. We both are convinced that she IS my Guardian Angel!

Anyone else have similar experiences?

• Anonymous
      March 18, 2011 at 2:23 pm

No similar experiences, but I think indeed the little blonde girl is your guardian angel. I am glad you pulled through after that horrible experience. Take care.
      Laurel

• March 18, 2011 at 11:37 pm

I went thru the drug induced coma this time of year back in 2006. I still rehash what sort of went thru my mind then, and try to get it recorded straight in my mind. I would dream that I would be in the basement of the hospital, standing on these bags of cold blood, which now, I conclude that it was when they were giving me the plasma phersis treatment, it would make me cold, hence the cool basement, however not being able to even bat an eyelash, my brain had to process it. They had stuck pictures of my grandkids over my bed, so when I was in the ” basement ” I would see the pictures, so I figured they had the pictures all over the hospital. I dreamed of being wrapped around a round woodstove, then they built a fire in it, which after I started to come out of the coma, was told that I ran some high temps. I also had a strange location for the hospital I was in , completely underground and in a town that doesn’t have a hospital. My coma was about 8 weeks also. They tried the medicine treatment first and when that didn’t work, they had to keep me under for twenty one days until they were allowed to drag out the blood washing machine.
      I’m still working on the dreams about South America taking over the US, and Clinton being shot and killed, although at that time it was the former President Bill, but now with his wife Hillary as secretary of state, it’s still unsettled.

• January 28, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Hi,

I’m putting together a collection of coma dreams to illustrate and hopefully publish and I was wondering if I could include yours? I was inspired by my husbands dreams after is 2 week coma last year.

Please e-mail me at missylils@hotmail.co.uk if you wish to participate.

Thank you

Best wishes

Charlotte

• Anonymous
      March 19, 2011 at 3:13 pm

When I had pneumonia, I prayed and put my condition in God’s hands saying that I did my best with my vitamin C but needed help beyond that. As I was just drifting off to sleep, I saw a Native American girl standing next to my bed with a wooden box of vials/herbs in her hands. Scared the heck out of me because she was standing right next to the head of my bed. Aren’t they supposed to stand at the foot of the bed!!?! A friend reminded me that when we sat in a weekly meditation circle an Indian girl came and sat in my lap holding a red light. My psychic friend could see her – I couldn’t. So it was a beautiful sign that one of my spirit guides was watching over me. I have read that we have 5-7 spirit guides that are around us at different times. Like Guardian angels. If you ever decide you want to reseach this further, there is a Native American psychic called Ted Silverhand that read for Cher, some of the JAcksons, etc. I went to him and he was right on – even told me which herb I needed to strengthen my heart. (I was already taking one, but that was not enough.) He has a website and does phone readings. There are alot of phonies out there – but I liked him. He was formerly married to Rolling Thunder’s daughter – a famous Indian medicine man. Just a thought.

I loved hearing your stories. Thank you for giving us comfort through them.

• Anonymous
      March 29, 2011 at 3:47 pm

I developed GBS August 2002 and was completely paralyzed except for my eyes. I spent 4 weeks in ICU before being moved to a rehab hospital. During that time I had the most vivid nightmares. Most of these were horrible and very scary. Some of them involved family members, some well known celebrities and some were places and people I didn’t recognize. After all these years I can still remember the content of these dreams. Some stayed with me such as having a sick baby laying next to me that I couldn’t tend to but would try to protect. Other than that one that I was obsessed with and kept telling my husband about using a communication card, the others I didn’t tell anyone about until I was much better because I was afraid they would think I was crazy as well as sick. So I suffered in silence. However from time to time I had this male nurse who would come into my room and tell me things would be ok and that he would stay there with me and he would sing to me. Thing is, no one else remembers this nurse. I am convinced it was an angel that God sent to look over me.

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2011 at 1:01 pm

It wasn’t for GBS (mine was in 1995), but in October 2006 I had my most severe asthma attack of my life. I ws 36, had gotten married in July 2005 and had my daughter in October 2005.

While in the hospital I pretty much stopped breathing completely. They put an oxygen mask on me but for some reason I was resisting, and when they put IV’s in me I was pulling them out and giving them a very hard time (I don’t remember any of that). They decided for my safety to put me in a drug-induced coma for three days.

At night on the second day, I woke up enough to tell my wife that I had gone into a white room where my late mother (she passed away in 2004) was sitting on a couch waiting for me. She told me it wasn’t my time to die yet, that I needed to be there for my little one year old daughter. I thanked my mom and had a brief chat with her…she said she was fine and was watching out for the grandaughter she never got to meet.

I don’t remember telling my wife, but I DO remember what I described to her. I’m not an especially spiritual or religious person, and of course it could’ve been all a dream, or drug-induced mental thing, but…it was certainly makes you think, for sure. I’ve only ever told like one or two people since then.

I didn’t have any bad dreams, that I can remember…..

• Anonymous
      April 1, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Yes boogs the dreams and nightmares seem very vivid it has been awhile for me now.I did not want to be left alone at all.Drugs and the vent do strange things.I did not have any memory of the first 3months.My wife lived it all.It all takes time.Good luck

• Anonymous
      May 6, 2011 at 5:54 am

I was in an induced coma for 5 days and had the most vivid hallucinations. I agree there must be a certain degree of awareness as in one of my “dreams” i was being wheeled around the basement of the hospital (another basement theme?) and we bumped into one of the doctors who told me i was getting a new doctor in a few days who was Irish (i am in Australia) sue enough a few days later i was a bit more lucid and had an irish doctor and his name was exactly what i had heard in my hallucination … you must hear things and then weave them into your imaginings.
      I thought there was a train that ran around underneath the hospital that they wheeled your bed onto. It broke down and we couldnt get off so we just kept going round and round! Then they had to get a tractor to pull the bed off but they got too close tot he edge of the cliff and the end of the bed fell off. Sounds funny now but it was terrifying at the time. I also thought they ran out of rooms and parked my bed in the parking lot.
      Then i thought one of my children had died and everyone was deliberately keeping the news from me, that was awful.
      That was 5 years ago and while i cant remember certain things about my experience the hallucination are as clear today as they were then.

• May 13, 2011 at 11:47 pm

I had some tremendous hallucinations while on the vent and being administered propofol. One of my “dreams” involved being transported to a warehouse in dowtown Rochester Minnesota(I had just been transferred to the Mayo Clinic due to my condition) where a number of us were laying motionless as we listened to a motivational speaker who at the end of his presentation threw thousands of dollars on the floor, while I struggled to grab some of the money. Of course I couldn’t because I could only move my eyelids at the time.