Do statins induce CIDP ?

• Anonymous
      January 4, 2011 at 3:20 pm

I am conducting an informal survey. How many statin users developed CIDP a few months or years later ? :confused: A simple, “I developed CIDP & I take Vytorin or I take ZOCOR ” will suffice.

In advance, thanks – Tom A:)

• January 5, 2011 at 12:11 am

I have never taken any statins, never took very much medicine until I started having problems in ’04. If I took extra strength tylenol I would have to go to bed! Back surgery and CIDP changed all that!

• Anonymous
      July 7, 2011 at 11:12 am

Hello,
      Back in ’04 I was put on Zocor and 6 weeks later my legs and feet began feeling weird, I quit taking it, now I’m in a wheelchair and taking Methadone for pain.

• Anonymous
      July 22, 2011 at 10:33 am

“”…Statins and peripheral neuropathy. Jeppesen U, Gaist D, Smith T, Sindrup SH. Source Department of Neurology, Odense University Hospital, Denmark.

Abstract

Within the past 3 years seven cases of reversible peripheral neuropathy apparently caused by statins have been reported. Here we report seven additional cases associated with long-term statin therapy, in which other causes of neuropathy were thoroughly excluded. The neuropathy was in all cases axonal and with affection of both thick and thin nerve fibers. The symptoms of neuropathy persisted during an observation period lasting from 10 weeks to 1 year in four cases after statin treatment had been withdrawn. We suggest that long-term statin treatment may be associated with chronic peripheral neuropathy…”

From this 1999 article-

[url]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10027656[/url]

• September 29, 2011 at 9:53 am

I have had CIDP three times always following, by a few days, episodes of atrial fibrilation. I am in remission now.

• Anonymous
      March 2, 2012 at 7:32 am

hi welcome to this forum ,
      this is a very good forum.here u find solution of u r problem.

i see u r prob ,but i can’t exactly what u want i think u should consult with u r friend s and family.
      ——————–

Debra Fine

• Anonymous
      March 10, 2012 at 11:41 am

hi welcome to this forum ,
      this is a very good forum.here u find solution of u r problem.

i see u r prob ,but i can’t exactly what u want i think u should consult with u r friend s and family.
      —————————————-
      [URL=http://www.gadgetswami.com] Debra Fine [/URL]

• GH
      March 17, 2012 at 5:41 am

Here is a link to the American Academy of Neurology article on the study for which Yuehan has linked to an abstract, above:

http://213.4.18.135:48080/87.pdf

“Statins and risk of polyneuropathy”

• Anonymous
      April 2, 2012 at 2:47 am

Last May[1911] I doubled my dose of Lipitor to 20mg from 10mg per day and they provided it under the name of ATORVASTATIN.Very shortly I came down with a pesistent [still have it] backache