Cymbalta

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 11:14 am

Anyone have advice good or bad about this drug? Dr but me on 2 days ago.
      Thanks
      Karla 🙂

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 11:26 am

Karla
      I have had good results with cymbalta.

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 12:27 pm

Hi Karla,

Got your message… Give this med a few days to settle in your system. And that is great your dr. wants you to check in with her! I would recommend taking this in the morning as it could interfere with your sleep. I used to take Clonzepam at night and miss it, but was on it for over 10 years and I thought I needed a break.

Do a search (above on this web site) for Cymbalta and you will find a thread I started last year about how I went through it. Unfortunately, after 4 months I had to get off of it. It does work for many and I hope it does for you!

Keep us posted 🙂

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 2:07 pm

I have had terrible results with almost every drug including neurontin and lyric. They seem to have the opposite affect on me and make me burn and tingle more. (CRAZY), one of the neurologist at my hospital gave me a script for cymbalta. It took a while to kick in, and then I had to up it to 60 mg’s but it has relieved some of my persistant symptoms. When I say some, I mean I am no where near normal but it has taken the edge off a bit. I’m happy for any releif. Now if they could just find some miracle drug for fatigue!!!!!!!!!. You would think they would by now considering all of us GBS’er and CFS patiants. By the way, my neuro told me that most GBS’ers end up with CFS so I have gone on line and looked up many a miracle help for the fatigue and have taken everything and anything they have suggested for fatigue. Just doesn’t seem to work I guess for GBS. Lots of vitamin B does seem to help a little though. Thanks for the post. xoxoxoxoxo Roxie

• Anonymous
      May 4, 2007 at 5:14 pm

Cymbalta is still doing really good things for me! I am on 60mg x 2 a day, which I worked up to over a long period. It helps for my all over body pain, I can get up in the morning and my feet feel good so that I dont hobble and walk down the stairs in the morning without much problem – it doesnt however help for the more severe pain in hands and feet. Not only that it helps for my depression, but that isnt why I was put on it initially

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2007 at 12:59 am

Hi
      I am 7 years post GBS, and I have been on Cymbalta for quite a while now. I take 90 mg per day. I take it for depression and the pain reduction. I notice that when I would forget to take my meds, my pain is increased a lot. I am now on a patch of Fentynal along with Vicodine for breakthrough pain and the cymbalta of course. I also take clonosapam 3 times a day especially for panic attacks. So far the cymbalta is great and I hope it keeps on. I have been on just about every other well known antidepressant there is.

I hope it keeps helping you too, God Bless.
      Judy

Cymbalta

• Anonymous
      February 15, 2007 at 10:17 pm

I am on 60mg of cymbalta and was wondering what dose most of you are on, and what is the max. dosage for this med. Thank you all so much for any help concerning this matter.
      Drummer

• Anonymous
      February 16, 2007 at 11:12 am

I am on 60mg also, although I dont know what the max dosage is. I think I could possibly go higher to help relieve even more pain, but im not sure my doctor will do that.

Cymbalta

• Anonymous
      February 15, 2007 at 10:06 pm

I am on 60mg of Cymbalta now and was wondering what dose most of you are taking and what is the max. dosage for this medicine ? Thank you all so much for any help here.
      Drummer

Cymbalta

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2006 at 11:22 am

Hello Friends,

I have just started taking Cymbalta and would like to hear from anyone with experience with this new drug. My doctor gave me samples (wow) and told me to keep taking amitryptiline. I am finally off of Paxil after 10 or more years on it. Depression and fatigue have been very prevalent in my life… I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, maybe.

I’m taking 30 mg. of Cymbalta at night with 25 mg. amitryptiline and have slept pretty good that last three nights! I go back in 3 weeks to follow-up and get more samples. Insurance does require pre-authorization which my doctor said he’ll tell them whatever they need to hear to let me take this drug. Then it will be $50 a month.

Thanks!

• Anonymous
      June 8, 2006 at 12:32 pm

Hi Chrissy,
      How do you like Cymbalta? I am on Neurotin and Effexor and considering changing to Cymbalta. I have pain and fatigue residuals, and since I have a small child, I need to get as strong as possible. Please let me know if you like it. Thanks and please take care!-Kim

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 10:37 am

Chrissy,

How long have you been taking Cymbalta for? I started mine a week ago and I cant really notice anything yet. I know they say it takes a few weeks for some of the other meds to kick in, probably the same with this.

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 2:31 pm

I was on neurontin for several years–1200 mg. I was having muscle jerks and tremors. But my fingers jerked open and I dumped a whole pitcher of water on the table. I take 100 gm of Amitriptiylene/pm.

So I changed to Cymbalta. It’s much better, for me. It helps my pain better too. But I think I’ll have to go back to Neurontin. It has a generic and cymbalta is to expensive for me. I’ll have to keep a thick towel at the table

Patricia

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 6:55 pm

My doctor mentions this drug every time I see him. I would take it if it didn’t contain an antidepressant. I get foggy on that stuff. Gabapentin for me.

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 7:21 pm

Cym gave me the squirts. I took 2 pills and that was it.

Walmart was looking for a new greeter and had narrowed it down to the last 4 appliciants and one final question.

Wat is the fastest thing u know of?

why that would be turning on a light. u can flip a switch on in the house and that barn light will come right on.
      good answer said the interviewer

next

i guess that would be a blink.

next

I guess that would be a thought

next

I guess the fastest thing then is diareaha, said the last.
      humm, wat makes u say that? ask the interviewer.
      Well I got diarrhea, and before I could think, blink, or turn the light on, I shit my pants.:D

• Anonymous
      June 9, 2006 at 9:59 pm

wow that’s what I call tmi

• Anonymous
      June 11, 2006 at 8:37 am

Hi Ya’ll,

I’ve been on Cymbalta for 5 days now and I can see a difference. But, I was rock bottom emotionally and physically Monday when I started it. I need it for both of its purposes – depression and neuropathy. I had taken myself off of amitryptiline and reduced Paxil way down. My dr. put me back on the amitryptiline, so between the two I am feeling much better every way. I am getting better sleep now than I have for weeks. And as we know, we need decent sleep to feel good. I have quit my crying spells and am enjoying being around people. My feet and legs to feel better.

I go back in two weeks to check with my dr. and maybe then I can get off of the amitryptiline as it has caused a big weight gain for me. Also, my insurance company wants this pre-approved and my dr. said he will get it approved. I will then be paying $50 a month. I was only paying like $9 a month for both meds before. So it is a jump, but if it works it will be worth it.

Thanks for your input everyone!

• Anonymous
      June 11, 2006 at 4:07 pm

*claps for Chrissy*
      I’m glad ur feeling better. My neighbor retired and moved to oak city. U got a storm shelter? I need a place to hide sometimes also. *peeks out from under the bed*

luv
      soapy

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2006 at 12:33 pm

Soapy,

No shelter around my neighborhood. I do have a closet ‘tornado ready’. But I have found the safest place to be is in a bar. The worst place to be is in a church. For some reason, tornadoes don’t hit bars. Something your retired friend has probably noticed is that they blow all the sirens every Saturday at Noon. If you were new here, it might freak one out.

Still feeling better – except now I have this head cold thing that’s been going around.

I’ll report more on Cymbalta shortly!

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2006 at 1:34 pm

Hi Chrissy,

Glad you’re feeling better. I [I]think [/I]i feel a little more energy and a little happier with life in general. Hands and feel are still feeling the burning and cramping tho’. I am starting with the antibiotic Cypro for 5 days today, and have been told that it could ‘highten’ the effect of Cymbolta, so I should let them know if I start having ill effects. Yea right, so if I feel dizzy and weird I should let them know….so what makes that different from any other day I have, and how would I be able to tell in any case. 😉

• Anonymous
      June 12, 2006 at 2:25 pm

I concur 😉

[quote=ali]if I feel dizzy and weird I should let them know….so what makes that different from any other day I have, and how would I be able to tell in any case. ;)[/quote]

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 4:42 pm

Hey Ali & Everyone,

I really think I am feeling lots better! BUT my left ear has become plugged up since Saturday – in my 5th day of weirdness in my head. And I didn’t think anything about this medicine maybe doing it… but now I am wondering. I am not really dizzy, I’m just like in another world as I can’t hear that well. Actually, anyone that knows will say I am always in another world. Ali, I think we got stuff in common 😮

I am sleeping pretty well – except for my cat waking me up. I think I must make noises or talk in the middle of the night as he is constantly pawing at my mouth. Let’s see if I can get a little picture of him in – he used to be my avatar.

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 4:44 pm

Well pooh, that didn’t work. So one more try. By the way, Ali let me know how you are feeling and do think my stopped up ear is related to this med???

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 7:15 pm

Chrissy I find when I started to take my Lyrica that I was getting plugged ears or ringing in my ears(which is worse then the normal ringing I have with my hearing loss). I still get that way but I don’t always take the pills when I should so my blocked ears doesn’t always happen.

Sue

• Anonymous
      June 14, 2006 at 9:09 pm

I remember your cat Chrissy!!! Thats very interesting about the ears, and now that Sue has answered, I’m acutally not too sure what to think about them, your ears that is. I dont put anything passed medication reaction anymore. But, having said that, I do remember a number of years ago when I went on one of my depression meds, I was so nausious and dizzy, (nothing too bad) but the doc said hang in there for a while and hopefully things would get better, and they did. But again, on another med, I had a worse reaction where I had tightness in my chest, couldnt breath, and just felt extremely strange, and was told to stop right away. I think, and as you so very well know, I am no doctor :rolleyes: , that if you can take the symptoms for a little while longer, maybe you should carry on with the Cymbalta. I know it seems to be doing wonders for you, besides the ears, and I would hate to see you slide back down again.

Let me know what happens please.

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2006 at 11:16 am

🙁 Ali,

Oh crud, my ear, jaw, teeth, etc. hurts so darn bad and I feel like I got a fever. I called my dr.’s office and they do not have any openings until next week. The secretary said they’ll call in some antibiotics. This is my 6th day with my ear stopped up and I am about to go crazy with not hearing well and now the pain… I don’t think it is Cymbalta – I have had some ear problems this year and with this same ear. But it would usually unplug a couple of hours after I woke up so I figured it was probably allergies. I hope I can go home later… work is never happy with me leaving which I do to take care of myself. I’ll keep you updated.

• Anonymous
      June 15, 2006 at 12:07 pm

Chrissy,

Definitely doesnt sound like the side effects. Hopefully the antibiotics will help a little. Wouldnt it be wonderful if you didnt have to worry about what work said if you wanted to go off cause you felt sick? Thinking of you, please let us know if and when the antibiotics start kicking in!!!!

• Anonymous
      June 17, 2006 at 12:55 pm

Chrissy.
      My experience with Cymbalta was not a good one. I have been taking
      1500 mg. of Neurontin daily for over two years now to treat the symptoms of CIDP. This seems to work well for me to help with the sudden unexpected pain, cramping and “electric shocks” that I experience on a regular basis.
      My neuro told me about Cymbalta, and the good results that people with diabetic neuropathy have seen. I was not taking an anti-depressent.

I cut back on the neurontin to 900 mg. per day, and started on 30 mg. of
      Cymbalta for a week. On the second week, I went to 60 mg. of Cymbalta daily.

Bottom line…I have never been so depressed in my life. No energy, no desire to go anywhere or do anything. The pain in my feet and hands returned in a big way. I finally realized that it was the Cymbalta causing me problems and I stopped taking it. After a few days, I started to feel more like myself. I am back to 1500 mg. of Neurontin.

I am sure this new drug is effective for many people, but it did not help me.
      The past few evenings I have seen this medication advertised quite a bit on the network TV stations. It is mentioned only as an anti-depressent, and in my opinion…if someone is deeply depressed this drug may be a big help.

I hope this post helps those thinking of trying Cymbalta. Good luck. Barry

• Anonymous
      June 18, 2006 at 9:40 pm

Chrissy, oh Chrissy ….. where art thou????? Seriously, where are you? How are you doing?

• Anonymous
      June 19, 2006 at 1:56 pm

Hi Ali,

I’m so sorry that I didn’t post this weekend. I have been ‘down’ with antibiotics and finally some rx eardrops. I went home early Thursday and did not come to work on Friday. My boss was actually fairly decent today about me being off.

I am quite a bit better, but my ear isn’t unplugged yet. I think it may be close as when I put the drops in I can feel the liquid go on through rather than just sit there. So I am on the road to mending. Thank you so much for your thoughts. It was a rough and horrible week. Tigger was getting jealous of the heating pad so I brought out the big one and let him have half of it. He just purred away by me and that was soooo nice. Ali, I will let you (and everyone in this city) know when my ear opens up. I will be sooooo happy!

[B]My experience so far on Cymbalta [/B]is neutral – which is good. Since I am a depressed/neurotic/anxiety type person, I need everything this drug has to offer. My mood is pretty good – no destructive thoughts. My body feels okay, not bad, but I wish I had a bit more energy. Maybe my doctor will up the dosage when I see him in one week. I haven’t had much electrical activity like I used to, so I guess it is working 😎

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2006 at 10:41 am

Chrissy,

Well thank heavens for that! Started wondering what i would do if you didnt post this week sometime. I gathered that the weekend was probably spent getting better tho. I’m glad things are starting to work themselves out.

P.S. going to my Rheumatologist for the follow-up on my blood tests tomorrow, and to report on the Cymbalta.

• Anonymous
      June 20, 2006 at 12:57 pm

Hi Ali,

What will you be reporting as far as how well Cymbalta is working for you? I still think it is good for me.

For future reference, my email is [email]cvelte@cox.net[/email]. I’m not a super paranoid private type person, so anyone can email me if they want. But this past weekend, I didn’t even turn on my computer at home. In that case my phone number is 405-286-0708. K?

I think it is so sweet of you to have been concerned about me. This group we have here is just so wonderful. I knew I was missing everyone real bad and of course had no idea when the site would come back up and I would check several times a week. So now we all [B][U]really [/U][/B]appreciate this forum!

Let me know about your status 🙂

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2006 at 5:18 pm

Chrissy,

Went to the doc today ………. Do they even listen to what you tell them? Im just tooo dispondent to go into details. When I pick myself up off the floor will post a little more.

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2006 at 6:07 pm

Oh Ali, {{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I’ll be here when you are ready.

• Anonymous
      June 21, 2006 at 10:27 pm

Ali,

I am sorry, please call if you want to chat. Take care of yourself.

Jer

[quote=ali]Chrissy,

Went to the doc today ………. Do they even listen to what you tell them? Im just tooo dispondent to go into details. When I pick myself up off the floor will post a little more.[/quote]

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 12:42 am

Hi Chrissy,

I am trying my second time to get this message through.

This is at least my 4th month on Cymbalta. Only side effects is still the constipation, but that could be from the Vicodine ES that I use.

I take 90 mg, which is the dose recommended by my psychiatrist for an antidepressant and pain adjuster. The reason I worded it that way is that they pain is perseived differently with Cymbalta.

I am glad to hear that you are able to get it at such a good price.

I think that you have a cold or allergies too; because, during pollen season, I end up with sinus problems.

Good luck with those antibiotics, take care…..

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 12:59 pm

Hi Judy, Ali and All,

I am very happy to report after 10 days of my left ear being plugged up that is has now opened up and I CAN HEAR!!!

I was wondering about my dosage level… I am only taking 30 mg. at night along with 25 mg. of amitryptiline. I go next Monday to my doc for recheck on this. Maybe he can up me to 60 mg. and take away the amitrtyptiline? I am not having irregularity problems because I drink metamucil every day and swear by that stuff. It has helped me so much in the past few years for IBS.

I know we are all waiting to hear from Ali… where are you Ali??? And thanks Jerimy for being here 🙂

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 4:44 pm

Im here, just wallowing at the moment.

Most of the test came back negative, lymes, hep. a,b&c and others. It shows that I am taking a higher dose than I should of my thyroid med’s, so he says I need to see my primary care doc, oh joy, joy! The test that shows that there is inflamation in the body came back positive, but that could have been because I had a urinary trach infection, so we will do that test over again.

He then saw what I, and most docs thought, was ecsema on my elbows and hands, and said it didnt look like ecsema, but like psoriasis ….. and, he said, maybe thats why I have pain in my joints! I DONT HAVE PAIN IN MY JOINTS DOCTOR!!!!!!!!! I have burning and cramping in my hands and feet. Well its off to see a dermatologist in any case to see if maybe the psoriasis (if it is) is the cause of my ‘inflamation’.

I had a sleep study done a year ago, came out that I have VERY slight apnea, and i gave him the report last visit”.
      “Do you have trouble with sleep?” was the question …. “no, not that I can tell, except I just want to sleep all the time ….” says I.
      “I will give you a sample of Provigil to help you with your sleep and you can tell me if it helps and then call in for me to refill it”.
      “Doctor, I dont mean to be funny or anything, but how am i going to tell if it helps?”
      “If you feel less fatigued”, says he.
      Well Im glad we cleared all that up, and boy do I feel soooo much better for all that :rolleyes:

Thats it in a nut shell. 🙁

But today i feel fine!:)

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 4:45 pm

Chrissy,

Sooo glad you can hear!!!!!!!!!!! NOW I DONT HAVE TO SHOUT ANYMORE. Im sure you feel so much better. 😉

• Anonymous
      June 22, 2006 at 5:21 pm

[QUOTE=ali]
      “I will give you a sample of Provigil to help you with your sleep and you can tell me if it helps and then call in for me to refill it”.
      “Doctor, I dont mean to be funny or anything, but how am i going to tell if it helps?”
      “If you feel less fatigued”, says he.
      Well Im glad we cleared all that up, and boy do I feel soooo much better for all that :rolleyes:

Thats it in a nut shell. 🙁

But today i feel fine!:)[/QUOTE]

Well dear Ali, atleast you get a refill!!! I’m glad you’re feeling fine today. Wish I could say the same. I had one of my panic-attacks today. Wonder if it is all connected?? Well, maybe I know more next week!!

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 3:23 pm

Im feeling rather strange, I [I]often[/I] get dizzy, but this is a weird fuzzy dizzy thing, I wonder if it is the Provigil? I have started off by taking half a tab, but….. doc didnt tell me when to take it, so last night I took it thinking it would help me sleep (not that I have a sleeping problem :rolleyes: ) then read AFTERWARDS that you shouldnt take it too near to bedtime because it may keep you awake:( , so then I took one this morning at about 11 with my Cymbalta.

• Anonymous
      June 23, 2006 at 4:28 pm

Hi Ali 😀

Here’s something I found on the web after seeing your post:

[I]Provigil (modafinil). Provigil is one weird drug. Its primary function is to promote wakefulness in people with narcolepsy, but it is being prescribed off-label for just about everything. It is approaching Neurontin (gabapentin) in the snake oil sweepstakes. At least the people at Pfizer know how Neurontin works and what it does. Provigil is a true mystery. Other than binding to a few dopamine sites in the brain, but not releasing any more dopamine like amphetamines do, the good folks at Cephalon haven’t published (for the 2002 edition of the PDR) just how the hell Provigil does its magic, because they didn’t know! They do know that monkeys like it as much as cocaine. The IAAF still doesn’t know if it’s stimulating enough to affect an athlete’s performance, and who better to know about drugs than a sports federation, right? They plan on banning it next year. The World Anti-Doping Association has just banned it. Even though it doesn’t do jack shit for an athlete’s performance, except maybe in the biathlon. Anyway, Kelli White mentions how it helped her with narcolepsy in this article. I found it to be moderately useful for ADD and to counter the lethargy induced by my Topamax-Neurontin-Risperdal-lorazepam cocktail. I’d have enough concentration, focus and wakefulness to have a bit of a life until about 3:00 or 4:00 p.m. Then it was time to just watch Buffy and eat a reheated supper until the meds caught up with me and he fell asleep in front of the TV around 8:00 p.m. Believe me, it was a vast improvement. At least the food got made, the bills got paid and the dishes got washed. I was most grateful for having that much of a life every day thanks to Provigil. Through experimentation I found that 200 mg first thing in the morning worked best. Any more got me wired and vaguely hypomanic, and hypomania is a potential side effect for the bipolar. Taking extra in the afternoon or dividing the dose to take some in the afternoon just made me hyperaware of how god damn tired I was. Provigil has been found effective as a treatment for ADD for children in studies. According to my doctor, it works best for ADD if sleep disruption or brain injuries are involved. Why, just like me and Mouse! [/I]

There are lots of site of course with more info., but I found this one interesting. It’s good you’re coming up on the weekend to see if things straighten out a little or not. I hope to talk to you this weekend!!! What a treat to have heard your voice 🙂 Thank you for understanding on the timing.

• Anonymous
      June 24, 2006 at 6:54 am

Chrissy,

Gee, Provigil sounds like a [I]wonderful[/I] drug :rolleyes: . Do I feel like something like that in my system? Hmmmm, I’m not sure, but I probably should give it a little more time, and after all ………. went to bed after 2 last night, and am up just after 7 this morning, granted, because my son wanted to come downstairs, but I do not feel very tired or fatigued …….. well, maybe it will catch up with me later 😮 . Now for a cup of coffee ……

• Anonymous
      June 25, 2006 at 4:56 pm

Hi there,
      My Fiance was on amitrip first, but his Dr decided to add Cymbalta. After 2 weeks we went back because he was really tired and we thought he might be getting a UTI or kidney trouble (he’s on a lot of meds), and his Dr said there is a big contraindication between the 2 meds, so he took him off of the elavil. It’s something that Dr’s have to look at as weighing the benefits versus the risk.

I know this is in extreme medical-ese terminology, but this is the deal:

Drug Interactions Detected
      ——————————————————————————–
      MAJOR Drug-Drug

Cymbalta (duloxetine) and Elavil (amitriptyline)

MONITOR CLOSELY: Concomitant use of agents with serotonergic activity such as serotonin reuptake inhibitors, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, tricyclic antidepressants, 5-HT1 receptor agonists, ergot alkaloids, lithium, St. John’s wort, phenylpiperidine opioids, dextromethorphan, and 5-hydroxytryptophan may potentiate the risk of serotonin syndrome, which is a rare but serious and potentially fatal condition thought to result from hyperstimulation of brainstem 5-HT1A receptors. MANAGEMENT: In general, the concomitant use of multiple serotonergic agents should be avoided if possible, or otherwise approached with caution if potential benefit is deemed to outweigh the risk. Close monitoring is recommended for signs and symptoms of excessive serotonergic activity such as CNS irritability, altered consciousness, confusion, myoclonus, ataxia, abdominal cramping, hyperpyrexia, shivering, pupillary dilation, diaphoresis, hypertension, and tachycardia. Particular caution is advised when increasing the dosages of these agents. The potential risk of serotonin syndrome should be considered even when administering one serotonergic agent following discontinuation of another, as some agents may demonstrate a prolonged elimination half-life. For example, a 5-week washout period is recommended following use of fluoxetine before administering another serotonergic agent.

Again sorry I couldn’t find it in easier terms 🙂

Amy

• Anonymous
      June 26, 2006 at 10:32 am

Thanks Amy for the information. I have a follow-up with my dr. today and will show him this. I have in mind for him to take me off of the amitrp. and increase the Cymbalta as I think after 3 weeks it is working fine.

Ali, What’s up??? Are you feeling any better? I hope you are doing well!

• Anonymous
      June 26, 2006 at 11:58 am

Hey Chrissy,

I dont want to talk toooo soon, but you know that snake oil you were talking about????? Well, it seems to be working wonders. Provigil, sorry, not snake oil, how silly of me!:D I have had 4 halves on 4 consecutive days, and today I took my first whole tab. Let me tell you, I was asked to be a leader at the kids vacation bible school this week, and today was the first day. I was dreading it, thought I would be unable to move because of fatigue by 9:30, BUT, I feel only slightly tired, and I can speak without slurring! Oh, AND I STILL HAVE MY SENSE OF HUMOR!! The only thing it seems to do is make me into a bit of an insomniac at night. I couldnt get to sleep until 3:30 this morning, and the previous 3 mornings I have woken up just before it gets light and seem to lay for hours trying to get a little more sleep. Snake oil??? Well honey, if snake oil can keep me from being comatose during the day, then I say BRING IT ON!!

Ok, lets be serious for a moment. I hope this is the result of the Provigil, and if so, I hope it just gets better. The weird feeling is gone now, only had that for about 2 days. Will talk to my doctor to see if I should get a refill.:cool:

• Anonymous
      June 26, 2006 at 9:14 pm

Chrissy,

😀

• Anonymous
      June 29, 2006 at 10:26 am

I am happy to report that Cymbalta appears to be working well! My doctor took me off of amitryp. and increased the Cymbalta to 60 mg. My attitude is good and I have a bit more energy. I did find out Monday when I went to the doctor that I still had a fever from weeks ago and probably have had a fever for some time. He put me on mega antibiotics and I think my fever is down. YEAH!!! Improvement finally. It’s been a rough road this whole year with my father being in the hospital from Nov. 29 to Feb. 15 when he died. I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This upcoming 4-day weekend will be a good test to see how my stamina is. I’ve got some partying to do 😀

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2006 at 1:42 pm

I started taking Cymbalta about 3 weeks ago, and so far it has Increased my sexual drive significantly. In fact its starting to drive me nuts because I can’t seem get enough. Has anyone had this problem also?

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2006 at 3:33 pm

karnonas,

Problem? I’m sorry, I have to chuckle a bit as I don’t remember what a sex drive is :rolleyes: Unfortunately for me, I don’t have the opportunity to notice any difference. I’m still feeling fairly well, but with this heat I am noticing I need more sleep.

Wishing you well on your problem 😀

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2006 at 5:31 pm

Oh Chrissy, I do love your sense of humor. 😉

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2006 at 7:40 pm

If cymbalta increases the sex drive, I think I need to get me some!!! 😀

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2006 at 8:20 pm

Sounds like Cymbalta is the last thing I need lol

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2006 at 8:35 pm

Anybody notice if Lyrica does the same thing? I started taking pills for my ADHD in March and in May taking Lyrica. I found that the side affect maybe from the Lyrica acting like the Cymbalta.
      Now all I need is a man 😀

Sue

• Anonymous
      July 19, 2006 at 8:53 pm

Jer, why is that? :p

Just make sure its more than 20mg, which is doing didly squat for me. 😮 I see my Rheumatologist on Friday and am going to ask him if I can stop as I dont think that 20mg is doing anything, and besides, Im sure the Provigil is ‘overpowering’ it.

• Anonymous
      July 21, 2006 at 4:40 am

Thanks for the input. I guess i’ll see what will happen in the next few weeks. Hopefully it will calm down a bit. I know it sounds weird to be complaining about something like this, I mean, it does have its perks, but seriously… I have been pretty much constanly horny since I started taking Cymbalta. And believe me it can drive you nuts after a while. Thanks again for your input.

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2006 at 8:52 am

Hello Everyone,

Well, it’s been about a couple of months since I’ve been on the Cymbalta and I believe at this point I am safe in saying I really do like this drug. Both with depression and neuropathy. Fatigue is still of course a problem. I don’t sleep as well as I used to taking my old cocktail of drugs, but Monday my doc prescribed me Ambien which I plan on only using when I pretty much know I won’t sleep well. I took it last night and woke up 5 minutes before my alarm went off. I think that is a good sign. And as we all know, good sleep really, really helps fatigue.

Unfortunately we are still dealing with 100+ heat and that zaps the energy out of everyone. So I am just trying to take it slow and not do much outside. And the AC here at work is marginal and it gets pretty warm every afternoon. Oh well, things could be worse.

Karnonas – How ya doing? Let us know.

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2006 at 10:40 am

Hi Chrissy,

Glad its working so well for you my friend! AAaaaah, isnt it wonderful when things do go right for a change? …. with the Ambien, did Tiger wake you up at the usual time, or did you sleep right through to just before the alarm? 😀

I asked my Rheumatologist on Friday if I could stop the Cymbalta, as I felt being on 20mg probably wasnt doing that much, and the Provigil was doing the magic. Today is my 6th day off it, and each day gets worse 😮 My diziness is unbearable, and Im beginning to think it isnt withdrawl that makes me dizzy, its the dizzyness returning. The last two days Im going back to the all over body pain, AND walking like a little old lady again. Now I really am beginning to think that 20mg was doing me the world of good. I just have to get over my studpidity and mental block of not wanting to be on medication – specially if it does help me feel ‘normal’. Going to take one again right now.

*tounge in cheek* Karnonas, maybe I should actually up my dose a little to help my libido 😉

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2006 at 12:35 pm

Hi Ali,

I’m not sure if I woke up first and Tigger responded or what. I have been using Breath Right strips on my nose and I think that helps him a lot. I love those things, almost wish I could use them all day. I can breath through my nose like never before. Yes, it is so nice to finally have some relief.

Such a darn shame about your dizziness. 🙁 It does sound like the Cymbalta may have been doing more than you thought. And I know at this point for you it is all so confusing. After a few days back on it, it will be interesting to see how you feel. So for the next few days you are just going to have to be ‘that little old lady’ and take care of yourself. Let me know how you are doing? Have you gotten rid of your house guests? Wishing you well!

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2006 at 7:57 pm

Ali you sure are a stubborn one :p

• Anonymous
      July 26, 2006 at 8:05 pm

Chrissy, House guests gone …… [B]I repeat[/B], HOUSE GUESTS GONE (phew) …… unitl 21st August 😡 This time was particularly stressful. Cuddles to Tigger (not Tiger)

Jer, STUBBORN???? NO WAY :rolleyes:

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2006 at 12:09 pm

Hello,

I was prescribed Cymbalta last September for pain in my hands and feet post GBS. Diagnosed 12/79 and recovered (?) by 6/80, I have had some fatigue and very little other symptoms until last year when I began a very agressive weight loss/workout program. Pain started very soon after that. I attributed it to carrying hand weights while walking. Doc sent me for EMG and said I had severe carpal tunnel, prescribed Cymbalta. 30mg then 60mg after 3 weeks. I struggled very hard to keep the weight off, but have now gained all back. I believe Cymbalta is an apetite stimulant. I was ravenous and never satisfied.

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2006 at 12:18 pm

Natalie,

I was hoping when going on Cymbalta that it would be an apetite supressant like some other depression meds are. Definitely not that! I hope that it isnt a stimulant for me as I am really batteling with bad weight issues because of my inactivity 😡 .

Chrissy,

Biiiiiig difference between yesterday morning and this morning. Took a pill yesterday, and then one again today. Could Cymbalta still be in my system since last Thursday that it was able to help so soon? My hubby commented on it earlier, and only then did I realize …. pains mostly gone, no dizziness!!

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2006 at 12:18 pm

Natalie,

I was hoping when going on Cymbalta that it would be an apetite supressant like some other depression meds are. Definitely not that! I hope that it isnt a stimulant for me as I am really batteling with bad weight issues because of my inactivity 😡 .

Chrissy,

Biiiiiig difference between yesterday morning and this morning. Took a pill yesterday, and then one again today. Could Cymbalta still be in my system since last Thursday that it was able to help so soon? My hubby commented on it earlier, and only then did I realize …. pains mostly gone, no dizziness!! Hold on to your hats people, cause I dont say this often …… Lets partay!!!

• Anonymous
      July 27, 2006 at 1:18 pm

[B][COLOR=”Magenta”]Woo Hoo!!! Drinks are on Alison[/COLOR][/B] 😀 So glad you are feeling better. I guess you will stay on Cymbalta for a while? I really feel pretty decent as far as pain goes and I’ve been making an effort to get plenty of sleep.

As far as my appetite, I don’t think anything could be as bad as amitryptiline for gaining weight. My neuro told me when he put me on it that they give it to anexoria people and for me to watch my weight. Ya, I watched over 30 lbs. come right on me and people think I am about 6 months pregnant. So far on Cymbalta, my appetite is actually a bit less at night and I’m either not eating dinner or just having a bowl of cereal or yogurt. I am praying that over the next few months a few pounds will dissapear. I hope, I hope 🙂

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2006 at 4:10 pm

Chrissy,

Just went to weight watchers again for the first time in a long time. Before Aiden, my youngest was born, I lost about 39 pounds on it, but have now gained all of that plus more. Now, I recond I would be happy to lose 60lb’s, then I’ll be happy. Not sure I can make it tho. 😮

• Anonymous
      July 28, 2006 at 9:51 pm

Alison,

Good for you – you have started in the right direction. Overcoming inertia is a big step!

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2006 at 3:01 pm

Hi!
      Hope you don’t mind my butting in. My Dr put me on Cymbalta for depression last Monday. Told me to take it in the evening, did’nt sleep that night. Did not take it Tuesday hoping I would get some sleep, no such luck. Took it Wed morning and have not got more then 3-4 hours sleep every night this week. So I took those two pills and stopped. But I really need something for the depression and figure I can take the Cymbalta and hope I eventually get some sleep. Would rather miss some sleep then cry all the time. If not I will have to get some sleeping pills from my DR. Has anyone else experienced this side effect?

Jackie

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2006 at 3:25 pm

Jackie,

I used to be on Wellbutrin and Zoloft for depression and anxiety. I used to take it in the evening before bed, but was told that it does effect sleep in some people, normally if they take it at night. I changed to taking it first thing in the morning, and things did become better. Once again, its easy for me to sit here and suggest things since Im not going through that at the moment, but, how would you feel in giving it another try? Trying to take the Cymbalta early in the morning, if you can, give it at least 2 weeks to a month, because one can sometimes not see results until then. If all else fails, consult your doctor and get another ‘brand’ i.e Wellbutrin or Zoloft, as not all depression agree with everyone, and you have to find one that works best for you (found that out the hard way 😮 ) Wishing you all the best.

• Anonymous
      July 30, 2006 at 5:35 pm

I take Xanex which also helps with muscle pain and shakiness. it also very effective for anxierty. I have no luck with antidepressants. My Mother is a psychologist who feels that antidepressants should be used in extreme cases as they can reek havoc with a persons brain chemistry.

• Anonymous
      July 30, 2006 at 8:06 pm

Well, I have been down to 30mg from 60mg since Wednesday and I have already dropped 4 pounds but the pain has increased as well. Electric shocks in arms, aches in joints and more numbness in fingers. Starting to wonder if maybe I should just stay on it. And find some way to seal with the weight. my doctor had thought if she added Welbutrin that this might counter the effect. Did not want to take mpre meds and decided just to go off. I’ll keep you posted on how long I can stand it and how well. N

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2006 at 12:41 am

Try it, but it did take time for my system to adjust to Cymbalta.

I have been on Cymbalta for over a year now. Before I was diagnosed with GBS I had taken Zoloft and Effexor for depression. Both Zoloft and Effexor had serious side effects for me. While being treated for GBS, my doctors said that I might get relief from nerve pain in my feet by simply switching to Cymbalta.

I can’t be sure if Cymbalta has helped the nerve pain problem, but as an anti-depressant, it has worked very well. In my case, I have no side effects from taking Cymbalta and I feel like a new person from the inside out.

Fortunately, I have had the best care anyone could ever wish for. All of my doctors have jumped at the chance to help me. They have listened and pushed the envelope to see that I will get better. Since first being put on the drug, my GBS doctor has doubled the dosage and also switched me from Gabapentin to Lyrica. I still have pain in my feet and legs, but I am so much better.

The hardest thing for them has been teaching me patience! 😉 Good Luck To You, and if I can help in any way, just let me know.

• Anonymous
      July 31, 2006 at 11:06 am

I didnt realize how the Cymbalta was helping for pain, until I stopped. I think its just the “worst” pain in my hands and feet that is still there. Its great to be able to get up in the morning and feel halfway decent. 🙂 Well done on the weight loss Natalie!
      I waited years and years before accepting the help of an antidepressant as I didnt want to be reliant on any medication, specially an antidepressant. I can honestly say that my quality in life is FAR better now, and so is that of my family (I am back to the old me of 10 years ago). Since I didnt take going on these meds lightly, I spoke to so many friends and aquaintances (a few of then healthcare professionals) who have been on them, and not one of them has ever looked back because they have their lives back again.

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2006 at 9:57 am

:confused: Well, its been a week now and the pain and tingling is pretty intense. Still at 30 but think I will go back up to 60. I am having no luck in getting a neuro appt. either. Just a little background…I was diagnosed in 1979 at 18, spent 4months in ICU, put in an iron lung for 6 weeks, as my mother did not want me to have a trach scar and Doc thought it would be “therapeutic”. (Made me severely claustrophobic) Everything paralyzed, couldn’t talk couldn’t eat couldn’t potty couldn’t blink couldn’t move, heart stopped twice (watched myself flat line), pretty bad. At 12 weeks started to get some feeling back, but feeling was intense, what I called, Bone Pain. Gave me Darvocet, made me relapse and stop breathing and heart stopped again. Went to no pain meds, lost mind. Only relief was in Hubbard tank. But at 18, I was in great shape, pre-GBS, so I was determined to get it back. 2 years of PT, OT and ST. Felt like I could take on the world and I did, married, 2 BA’s, 1 MA. But for the next 25 years, I spent a lot of time telling doctors who insisted that everytime something was wrong it was related to GBS, that infertility, fatigue, weight gain, phantom foot pain and depression were not related. Even had myself convinced….Well, I did the denial and procrastination thing very well. But last year, I started this weight loss and workout program, needed to lose 60 lbs. Sugar was up, did what I thought was a good thing, Weight Watchers and walking 3-5 miles a day with hands weights, first 2.5 then 5 lb weights. Lost 60 lbs. but started having very severe aches in my arms with hot poker shooting pains from shoulder to fingers, feet hurt too, but they always did so I didn’t think much of it, just got in the hot tub after each workout. Water is still my savior. Here is the rub, went to PC doc after I intellectualized all the pain and self diagnosed (as usual) and explained that I thought it could be a)post gbs b) pinched nerves (bad neck) or c)carpal tunnel. Actually I think it is a combination of all 3. What I need to clear up is the Post GBS part so I can tell what needs to be done to fix the neck and carpal tunnel. Doc prescribed Cymbalta, after NCV/EMG ( Does everyone hate those as much as me? I think they are barbaric and don’t you think that in 25 years they would have come up with a new way to get that info. I think the machine they used was exactly the same kind they used in 1979) Well surprise, surprise, very bad numbers. Nerve conduction is way off. Okay so here’s the rub, Why all of sudden did this get worse! Why isn’t it getting better with rest? And how do I fix it besides Drugs? Help????? Nat:confused: :confused: :confused:

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2006 at 2:54 pm

Nat,

Oh dear… sorry to hear you aren’t doing very well. I’m almost 10 years post and off and on I go through periods of feeling horrible. I am so pleased to say that with this Cymbalta I have a great attitude and feel pretty decent. I had a lovely EMG/NCV a couple of years ago that shows I still have damage. yes, this test is horrible, but there are worse ones (colonoscopy). As far as I know there isn’t anything to help our damaged nerves. They say nerves do heal but so very slowly.

I wonder about your hot tub… my doc. told me NOT to do hot tubs and I keep my shower fairly cool. That could be causing some of your problems as damaged nerves just can’t handle the heat. And you may be overdoing yourself as you are trying to be like you were years ago. I know the frustration of that. My life has changed since the day of February 8, 1997.

I would suggest going back up to 60 mg. on Cymbalta and stay out of the heat. And keep in touch with us!!!

• Anonymous
      August 3, 2006 at 6:14 pm

“I wonder about your hot tub… my doc. told me NOT to do hot tubs and I keep my shower fairly cool. That could be causing some of your problems as damaged nerves just can’t handle the heat.”

Oh my, never heard this b4. When I was first getting feeling back, they put me in a Hubbard tank, giant tub with crane and sling to swing you in and always had the temp up high so I have always used hot water therapy. This is my third Hot Tub, Wore two out already. It does help with the cramping and muscle aches, but had no clue that it could be damaging to nerves…And my PCP actually wrote a prescription for the last one so I could submit to insurance. They laughed, but it was a thought….. 😉

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 12:26 am

We have a hot tub and I have to put my feet out of the water till they get use to the heat. Egad what pain. I think I will try a bit cooler of water. We set it at 100 or 99 degrees.

The water hitting my feet feels so good. It isn’t real hard, we don’t use the high pressure setting that pumps the water so hard.

I know that I can’t handle the heat but I didn’t know it was bad for the nerves. Now I know why I feel like a rag after coming in from the spa.

Thanks for the information….

• Anonymous
      August 4, 2006 at 9:44 pm

Hi Chrissy,

My doc gave me cym to take when I was depressed. That was the period of time when I could’nt do much, like dressing myself and little stuff like that.
      My wife called it my “happy pill”. I still took the neurontin but the cym helped carry me through that time period when I was pretty much helpless. I don’t take it anymore but I did not have any bad experience with it. Good luck.

Jack

• Anonymous
      August 5, 2006 at 11:29 pm

Hi Chrissy,
      Just wanted to tell you I’m gonna be in your area in two weeks. Going to Fort Sill for a graduation from Boot Camp. Just thought I would say hey.

Sherry

• Anonymous
      August 7, 2006 at 10:39 am

Hey Sherry,

If you are going to be coming through OKC and think you might have time for lunch or something, let’s get together!!! If not, I understand that you have Ft. Sill on your mind. Who is graduating from boot camp?

• Anonymous
      August 8, 2006 at 12:24 pm

hi crissy,
      my boyfriends son is graduating. he joined the early entry program and is a member of the ohio national guard. he will attend high school this year for his senior year and then will attend ohio university and hopefully be a member of the rotc. i would love to do lunch but i will be with other people. why don’t you send me your phone number and if i can make connections i will give you a call while i am there. take care crissy.

sherry
      [email]strmy539@hotmail.com[/email]
      or private message me

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2006 at 2:26 pm

This is for Nat

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2006 at 9:05 pm

What is Miss Ali, have I missed something?

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2006 at 9:12 pm

Natalie,

zigzig, a new member called Nat, was asking about Provigil and other meds, so I just brought up the two Provigil and one Cymbalta thread for him, so he didnt have to try and find them from way back.

• Anonymous
      October 5, 2006 at 9:50 pm

Ahhh, I get called that so much, assumed it was me. So sorry. But I did read it. Thanks anyway.

• Anonymous
      October 9, 2006 at 2:38 pm

Update… I am thinking of getting off of Cymbalta as I have been getting really bad jaw pain. It seems to come around 5 to 6 hours after I have taken my dose. So darn it, I guess I will switch back to what I was on (Paxil and amitryptiline), although a sister recommended Lexepro. I’m calling my doctor today to see what he will do and if I have to go see him or not.

More to follow.

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2006 at 10:57 am

What a nightmare this has turned in to… I saw my doctor yesterday and he agreed that Cymbalta has apparently ‘turned on me’ as it is no longer helping in fact it is actually hurting me now. He reduced me to 30 mg. for 5 days and then I am switching back to 20 mg. of Paxil and 25 mg. of amitrtyptiline. Actually I start the amitryptiline today.

Even with the reduced 30 mg. dose in me now, my jaw and neck are starting to tighten up something horrible (here comes more xanax), and my knee is hurting horribly which the doctor said is just all part of the neuropathy. He offered me pain meds for my knee, but I said no as I am taking enough meds and don’t want anymore. So I have a bandage thing on my knee, but if I take a wrong step I have major pain.

Hopefully, within a week or so I can start seeing some changes and will get better. I am still amazed work has put up with me as I took off yesterday to rest and go to doctor. And I am looking forward to another therapy visit (mental) to keep working on my issues in life/death. Today is my oldest sister’s birthday and the rest of us girls follow this month. Really a drag for a birthday time – just makes me miss my parents even more.

Thanks for listening.

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2006 at 5:06 pm

Chrissy, I have been off Cymbalta for 2 1/2 weeks now and finally getting my old self back Be patient. I think it was good for me for awhile too, but then not so good. Anyway, I am drugfree again, except Synthroid, and loving it. I am thinking about Neurontin it Post GBS get any worse.

Good luck and we are here to hold you up!!!

• Anonymous
      October 14, 2006 at 3:09 am

Hi Chrissy,

I am sorry to hear about all your problems with Cymbalta. I hope that you will be feeling better soon. I have been watching your posts, and I know you have been struggling with the Cymbalta for quite a while now. I am so glad you decided to listen to your body and go back to your doctor and get back on a better medication for yourself.

I know how it feels to run into bad side effects. I have tried just about all of them over the last 17 years, and each do have some kind of bad effects but you really ran into a really bad side effect.

Good Luck Chrissy with your medication change and I hope there will be better days for you very soon.

Bye for now,
      Judy

• Anonymous
      October 14, 2006 at 10:32 am

Judy & Natalie,

Thank you both so much. I’ve been posting on another forum, but I know you two and this feels so much better. I’m just up this morning and feel pretty good, but I’ll be taking the 30 mg. pretty soon. My jaw and neck are so darn sore and I had another night of strange dreams. The confusion got pretty bad yesterday at work – thank goodness for the weekends. Tuesday I start my old Paxil, yeah! I did start back last night on amitryptiline with only a half on an Ambien and that felt good.

Reading the stuff on the other forum about Cymbalta is very scary. It really makes me wonder how some of our medicines get approval :confused:

I’ll report back soon and again, thanks so much for being there. Oh, and I know Alison is watching too!

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2006 at 3:32 pm

Natalie – How are you doing?

Today is my first day to take Paxil instead of Cymbalta. So far, not too bad – although my jaw is starting to hurt some. I’m really hoping that another day or two this will go away as it is very painful.

I’ve heard that the ingredient neophenphrine (sp?) is what releases inhibitions and that is what almost got my butt fired. I am not very inhibited without any meds.

• Anonymous
      October 17, 2006 at 8:49 pm

Hello Chrissy,

Nice of you to ask and in fact I think I’m hanging in there. Been off the Cymbalta almost 3 weeks. 48 hours after the last dose, I got the migraine from H#@!. And it has been low grade since then. Bloomed again Sunday and then again today. Not sure if it is related but have my suspicions.

And I am dealing with the pain for now, have a script for neurontin if I need it. Haven’t yet. Want to try massage (Loved it), acupuncture(appt this week) and perhaps some TENS therapy (Chiro is hooking me up with a portable for home use to sample) and CHair Tai Chi ( Waiting for book). Also, changed my diet and supplement program, some good there I think….AND, I am waiting to hear if anyone knows the therapeutic value of IVIG or PPs for Post GBS symptoms.
      Would love to do this drug free but I will be realistic and get script filled if I need to.

• Anonymous
      October 19, 2006 at 9:55 am

Another couple of days off of Cymbalta and back on Paxil and amitryptiline and I am starting to really feel much better. Thank goodness!

Natalie, I used to have acupuntcure and it did help. Good luck!

• Anonymous
      March 9, 2007 at 5:44 pm

This thread needs a bump… how goes it out there int drug test land? Still kicking it? Should I try this one?

• Anonymous
      March 9, 2007 at 6:53 pm

Still seems to be doing good things for me about a year into it. 🙂

• Anonymous
      March 9, 2007 at 8:11 pm

I quit the cymbalta. It wasn’t doing the job I needed. I am back on gabapentin now.

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2007 at 5:28 am

Well just thought I would check back with you all. I have been taking the Cymbalta for about a year now and it is doing wonders! I am taking the 60mg and the neuro pains have not come back. I still have the libido of a horse. But I don’t mind anymore. lol. It has made it harder for me to sleep, so the doctor put me on Ambien CR, which is helping alot when I need it. For those of you that have never taken AmbienCR, or are taking it or thinking about taking it… Make sure you take it and go straight to bed! If you don’t go straight to bed, you may find yourself somewhere else in the morning and not remember how you had gotten there. The one drawback of this drug is that if you take it and don’t go to sleep immediately it will cause amnesia. This can be very bad. Fortunately if you go to bed this little thing doesn’t really matter because you are sleeping. And I found you are able to remember your dreams. I thought that was interesting. Anyway just thought I would check up on ya’all.

• July 29, 2007 at 6:15 am

[quote=Chrissy]
      Natalie, I used to have acupuntcure and it did help. Good luck![/quote]

when in the recover did you have that, I have a PH that is good in it but we have not dare to use it.. he is not very familar with GBS so if I could give him advise when and how he might do this for me

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2007 at 4:03 pm

Hello,
      I’m a new member and hope you don’t mind me asking a question…what is Amitriptiylene ? My husband has and is on several meds but I don’t recognize this one….

Thanks,
      Mackk

• Anonymous
      July 29, 2007 at 4:50 pm

Mackk,

I’ve been on amitryptiline for several years – mostly off lately. Vitamins are doing about the same for my neuropathy without the side effect of weight gain. Amitryptiline is an old anti depressant – not of the new SSRI category and is very cheap. It can help one sleep too. It can help, but careful with the weight – I’m still sitting with 30+ pounds since I began it 4 years ago.

I’m glad someone is doing well on Cymbalta. I just recently tried Wellbutrin with the possibility it would help me quit smoking, but I found out the hard way the same ingredient is used in both of these meds and it does not sit well with me. Major anxiety!

Good luck all.

• Anonymous
      July 30, 2007 at 2:47 am

Just wanted to chime in here for those who haven’t tried Cymbalta yet and who may be considering it. I had the most frightening and horrid time with this drug and it’s side effects. It seemed to work great for the first week or two, and then all hell broke loose. I really, really thought I was going to be hospitalized -probably should have been. It seems there are a lot of post-release side effects being reported from this drug that didn’t come up in their clinical trials. I won’t go into details with what happened to me, but here’s a link to another site where many people seem to have had similar frightening effects.

[url]http://drugs.healthdiaries.com/cymbalta-side-effects.html[/url]

Please note, I am not saying don’t take the Cymbalta. My sister is in fact on it and has no problems. And obviously it’s helping some of the people on this board. But please research it carefully before you just pop it in your mouth based on your Docs recommendation. I went through pure hell with it.