Coumadin?

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 8:39 pm

This is OT to CIDP/GBS, but I am going to be starting Coumadin tonight.

I was wondering if anyone here has been or is on Coumadin and has some information to share. I know all the basics (diet, activity, labs), but I am looking for PERSONAL experiences you would care to share.

Thanks,
      J.

• Anonymous
      October 28, 2008 at 10:20 pm

I’ve been on Coumadin for about 10 years. It’s not much of a problem except you have to remember you are going to bleed easily, so always carry some band-aids. You didn’t say how old you were or what kind of a life style you are use to, but I would recommend against contact sports. You will bruise easily also. 🙁

I haven’t had any major problems with it. With two dogs who love to jump I should have bought stock in a band-aid company. :rolleyes: Let me know if you want any more information. I hope this helps

• Anonymous
      October 30, 2008 at 1:02 am

Thanks, Jim. I thought about bleeding easier (I have cats and dogs that will jump too), but never thought as far as to have lots of bandaids around or to carry some with me.

I am a 44 yo female and I do have an active lifestyle, but nothing contact so that shouldn’t be a problem (I do occ bump into the gym equipment though).

Thanks for your kind help!