CNN answering question on HPV Tommorrow Morning

• Anonymous
      February 27, 2007 at 8:24 pm

Here is something from CNN.
      House Call

Are you confused about HPV or the new cervical cancer vaccine? Dr. Sanjay Gupta can explain. E-mail your questions and get answers tomorrow on American Morning, 6- 9 a.m. ET

Found this on the CNN website.

Sue

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 9:57 am

Thanks, Sue, for the notice. I seldom turn on my tv in the am and would have missed this. I sent an inquiry to CNN – will be watching.

It is interesting to note that the link to the product approval information at the FDA site has been removed. Not being paranoid . . . just my findings. The FDA link that I posted in my gardasil comments on the vaccine forum can still be accessed – through the google cached link.

cd

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 11:03 am

sue, cd

Was unable to watch because of the school run etc. If you ladies watched, could you give us a brief recap. Didnt think to TiVo it, I wonder if i could have though?

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 11:57 am

Ali,

I didn’t see anything as in-depth as I would have liked – pretty much the same general statements made as before: what is hpv; gardasil is safe; has been tested for approx 3 years; etc. My questions weren’t addressed (possibly because I sent in too late – during the show around 8:00 am). Specifically, I was curious how many girls in the 9 – 15 year old bracket had received all three doses, and how long were they followed. Also, would like to have heard discussion about the long term immune response since memory t-cells will perpetuate an association with hpv vaccine well into adulthood.

I have extended family and friends that will be affected, here in Texas, by this issue and of course, since my daughter has cidp, have concerns of future expansion at a later date.

Ali – I apologize for upsetting you when I first posted this topic – it is not ment to cause panic, and I understand your concern. I am hopeful that more details of the trials made available for public consideration will return to parents a sense of control and a voice in their children’s health.

cd

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 2:33 pm

you might get more info on my area tv website they are having more info on this subject tonight. their website is wtol dot com. they also have live feed if you want to listen to it-airs at 5, 6 and 11.

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 4:34 pm

cd,

Dont worry, you didnt upset me, I was just upset about the whole “situation”. This is an important breakthrough, and will help so many people tremendously. What I get upset about is, so many people accept that if it is FDA approved then everything will be just peachy, unfortunately we know its not that way. In so many ways I think its wonderful that these girls are given this, but I’m not sure I’m with the manditory bit at all. Just like the flu vacc. some people will, even though it says it doesnt, believe that this covers cancer, period. Not all people think outside the commercial ‘propaganda’ box, so to speak.

• Anonymous
      February 28, 2007 at 6:10 pm

Hi everyone I didn’t see it. I was at work. I just wanted to let you for the one that were at home this morning and who wanted to watch it.

Sue