CIDP Support

• January 5, 2020 at 5:28 pm

Dear community,

I haven’t been able to be active in these forums since last November. I was hit by a reckless driver 12/6/19 and am in an Acute Care center recovering.

I have been a contributor to these forums for almost 8 years and have over 700 posts in my attempt to help others that suffer from GBS/CIDP and its variants.

Should my contributions to these forums have helped you, your friends, and/or family, please consider helping me.

The following link will reveal more about who I am and tell you about what happened to me. And, if you generously choose to do so, you can help me.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-jim-tate039s-recovery?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet

I plan to recover and be able to become active again in these forums. I do enjoy helping others on here, but am not able to do so at the moment.

I wish all of you the best of recoveries.

Jim

• January 11, 2020 at 11:11 pm

Jim, I hope your recovery is going well. I am shocked no one here has replied after a week of your post. I see you are a large contributor and given the rare nature of our disorder, it really helps to hear more voice than not. Best wishes.

Dave

• January 12, 2020 at 7:58 am

My heart sunk when I read this awful news. I’m so sorry to hear you are dealing with yet another struggle. Being newly diagnosed with CIDP, I have learned so much from all of your knowledge and links. They have been a much needed resource. Thank you.

I hope you recover soon Jim! I’m happy to see you back on the forum. God Bless you!

Lynners

• January 19, 2020 at 5:37 pm

Hi Jim I have been offline as I have had a major relapse just saw your post.Sorry to hear this painful news hope all is going well for you in hospital praying you recover quickly.

Trev Australia

• January 21, 2020 at 8:31 pm

Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

• February 6, 2020 at 3:08 am

Hi Jim I was wondering if forgetting days or conversations is part of CIDP has been increasing in the last 2 months, will be seeing neurologist late February.

• February 6, 2020 at 2:02 pm

Hi Trev, “brain fog”, as some have referred to it, can be brought on with Demyelinating conditions. It is possible to suffer from a form of Aphasia if the demyelination affects parts of the brain. This can cause a number of different occurrences including memory and cognitive deficiencies to personality changes; this, however, is not a common result of CIDP and the condition is very rare.

I doubt you have Aphasia, but you can learn more about it here:

Aphasia-Definitions

As CIDP symptoms abate, memory related shortcomings typically abate too. Here are some forum discussions about CIDP and memory that may be helpful:

Memory