Can’t believe I’m writing a success thread

• Anonymous
      January 1, 2007 at 10:21 pm

Dell is 2 and we just returned from our 4th opinion at John Hopkins. Dell was dx last year at this time.

The dr. recommended weaning off of ivig and Dell getting only iv steroids as a treatment. We are cautiously happy. We’ve been disappointed so many times.

He had 1 treatment, a combo of ivig and iv steroid the Friday before Christmas. He has started taking steps when I hold out my arms. We are very excited about it.

He also has started picking things up from the floor when he’s holding onto the couch or his walker.

It feels so great to write a thread on this site. I’ve never written a success story before but I’m hoping to be able to write many more in 2007.

Love to you all, Lori:o

• Anonymous
      January 2, 2007 at 5:07 am

Lorri,

You must be very proud of Dell. He sounds like a true fighter.

I’ll keep Dell and your family in my prayers that things will continue to improve this year.

Jim C

• Anonymous
      January 2, 2007 at 10:34 am

Lori,

I am so happy to hear that, I really hope that 2007 is a year of many more successes for Dell. Happy New Year and talk to you soon.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      January 2, 2007 at 10:30 pm

Oh Lori,

I am so VERY happy for you and Dell. Good news has been a long time coming, and I am so happy that you have this wonderful news to share with us.