Big Snow Up North tonight

• Anonymous
      December 18, 2008 at 8:47 pm

I don’t feel like shoveling, I am gonna bust my but trying to
      clear my driveway without rolling it.
      I would prefer a snowless winter this year.
      Just bad timing. I could just stay in til it melts. that might take
      a while.:eek:

• December 18, 2008 at 9:17 pm

We’ll send it your way when we are done with it.
      Merry Christmas.

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2008 at 9:56 am

Hi Tim: Seems like you have enough on your plate without adding snow. I have had a rotten winter health wise as well but mother nature doesn’t seem to care. My solution-I have a great neighbour with a snow blower. You might think of moving somewhere a guy lives who has a snowblower;) Jeff

• December 19, 2008 at 10:43 am

The snow is so thick with ice on top of it, I actually can walk on top of it!! And trust me, I am NO lightweight! Kevie has been out playing in it since 9am, no school!! We have big hills in our yard and the snow plow makes big piles in front of our house as we are in a dead end culdesac. I am going to snow blow now, so exciting! I love the snow!!!
      Dawn

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2008 at 10:51 am

Well Dawn, you are more than welcome to play in the snow drifts in front of my door. ๐Ÿ™‚

I decided to use one of my last personal days for the year and declared a Snow Day for myself. There’s no way in heck I can walk through those drifts and I doubt that the maintenance staff is coming out until they receive info that the snow is over for this morning.

I just spoke with my SO and mentioned going to work 1/2 day but he quickly squashed that idea…didn’t take much though. heh heh

Be safe!!

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2008 at 1:13 pm

Sounds like the winters I remember when I was young. I kind of miss them. [for about 20 seconds, them I remember what it was really like] Be careful and keep warm.

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2008 at 2:54 pm

We had a storm last night, too. We had ice and thunder sleet. It thundered and the sleet came down like mad. We only had about two inches of snow but b/c of the ice, they cancelled the schools. I had to work ! ๐Ÿ™

going to the dr today about my knee…pray that I didnt tear anything !!!!

As it is a winterwonderland in Omaha ….Florida sun sure sounds good !

have a good weekend everyone.

Stacey

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2008 at 4:08 pm

What Kind Of Snow Storm Is This.

We Got Ice And Feezing Rain Ontop Of 4″ Of Snow.

I Love The Look Of Winter, Staying In And Eating And

Doing Family Things Otherwise Not Done

But I Can’t Wait For Spring.

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2008 at 9:15 pm

I had ivig today at the clinic… The room overlooks Duluth harbor and it was a full blown northeast blizzard.. It was humbling watching the storm surge with whitecaps rolling in on probably 10′ waves… What’s really wierd is all the snow was lake effect, and when I got home the sun was shining.. We were supposed to get 12-18″ by Sunday.. I sorta feel like a kid again, as my cousin and I have done some snowmobiling this year…..:) Hang in there Tim.. If it gets too overwhelming, don’t be afraid to ask for help, or pay someone to take care of the drive.. Last year I probably overdid it due to the snow, and payed for it big time…..

• December 19, 2008 at 11:25 pm

We were supposed to get several inches the past couple of days, but only got a light dusting. I love the snow and really hope we get lots more! I can sit for hours watching the snow fall, it is so magical and peaceful. I tried shoveling last winter…found it easier to push than shovel, apparently that is the “trick” to getting it done. We dont get enough to bother with a blower, but that sure would make the piles higher faster for snow forts LOL!

It’s been really cold here in Idaho and we are grateful we don’t have to deal with ice covering everything. I like the cold much better than the heat and look forward to winter. Happy holidays, please stay safe and take care of yourselves. *warm hugs and hot cocoa!*

Winter Embrace

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3265/3118454995_5dfccc9033.jpg[/IMG]

Home For The Holidays

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3191/3107457589_82f87c0015.jpg[/IMG]

Shivering

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3054/3108291354_89c2f0e6c9.jpg[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      December 19, 2008 at 11:38 pm

Beautiful shots Lori!!
      We got that snow/sleet/freezing rain/rain combo this morning too!! They blew it on the amount of snow we were expecting though!! they said 8″ we only have about 3 plus 1″ of ice to top it off! I shoveled part of my drive just enough for the wheels of the car to go on, and went and helped my hubby snowblow/shovel my parents place—good thing they have a blower otherwise we would still be over there shoveling;) . Tonight we took my 2 kids and the 2 neighbor boys sledding-I really miss sledding, if only there was an easy way of getting back up the hill:rolleyes:
      Take it easy Tim, it will melt soon enough;)

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2008 at 2:07 am

Hi,
      It would be nice to see snow! I have never seen it in real life only on televison. It’s been fairly hot where I live since summer started, so some of that snow would be nice…
      Happy holidays All.
      Kazza (CIDP)

• Anonymous
      December 20, 2008 at 1:12 pm

Like the photo’s, I got to get out there and take some myself!

Are you a hobbiest??

Well, I had to chisel my way into the Envoy this morning to make a funeral.
      Ran that for like 1/2 hr to thaw it out. Came back and did the driveway.
      I am gonna feel that one tomorrow. Was probably good for me, I was glad I
      was even able to accmplish that. Put the **** Kickers on and laced em up tight
      and my ankles were good.

• December 20, 2008 at 10:58 pm

Tim,

sure wish we lived close to each other. I’d help ya chisel out, and if I couldn’t my boys would. Being in our position is so hard, but each tiny accomplishment is a huge deal. I know how much I want to do on my own and am glad and grateful I am able to do so much more than I was 2 years ago. But, there are days that even stretching before getting out of bed reminds me of my limits. I am proud of you and please take it easy as often as you can so you don’t have to “pay” for your efforts and accomplishments with pain.

I am glad you like the pictures. Yes, just a hobby until I can figure out what to do with my obsession. It is something I found I can do that is slow and easy and relaxing…and it makes me slow down and see the often overlooked things around me. Please do get out there and take some pictures! I would love to see what winter is like in your neck of the woods! Show me life through your eyes. *hug*

• Anonymous
      December 21, 2008 at 7:19 am

OK, this in not funny. It better not get like this!!

[IMG]http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo309/tjr1080/variousphotos355.jpg[/IMG]

This one was pretty bad. It was the Presidents Day Storm. Couple years ago.

I am having flashbacks of 1993. We got a storm every Tuesday for 6 or 7 weeks. I believe we totalled 69″ for that year. OMGosh, Not now.

I live in a twin home, so I talked with my neighbor about chipping in for a real snow blower. we each have one of them junky throwers. He sounded apt to it. Heck, I’ll buy it if he runs it!

After soaking in warm water after the shoveling, I had to slide down the steps on my Butt. There was no way I could do steps after that.:(

• Anonymous
      December 21, 2008 at 8:15 am

I used to love the snow…not this year. It snowed Dec. 1st and we haven’t seen dry grounds since then. We are under a blizzard warning all day. First time in a long time we are skipping Sunday mass. Don’t think we could get there from here. -30 wind chill all day. Guess I’ll do some Christmas baking.

• Anonymous
      December 21, 2008 at 9:57 am

๐Ÿ™‚ We got about 6″ yesterday and last nite… Tim, sometimes I think its a real pain.. Then again, I can add this to our blessings, it is so beautiful out today! Kazza has never been in snow… I had a roommate back in college days, and he was from Ethiopia.. He would come to my house for the holidays, and we would go snowmobiling/skiing etc… He absolutely loved the snow states, and I believe he lives in Ohio.. What a culture shock for him and me as well. But that is another story…..I guess the moral is appreciate what we have while we got it… I just wish I would remember that anytime I complain about the cold, snow, etc…etc.. That’s it I’m moving to Hawaii…..deano

• Anonymous
      December 21, 2008 at 9:57 am

๐Ÿ™‚ We got about 6″ yesterday and last nite… Tim, sometimes I think its a real pain.. Then again, I can add this to our blessings, it is so beautiful out today! Kazza has never been in snow… I had a roommate back in college days, and he was from Ethiopia.. He would come to my house for the holidays, and we would go snowmobiling/skiing etc… He absolutely loved the snow states, and I believe he lives in Ohio.. What a culture shock for him and me as well. But that is another story…..I guess the moral is appreciate what we have while we got it… I just wish I would remember that anytime I complain about the cold, snow, etc…etc.. That’s it I’m moving to Hawaii…..deano

• December 22, 2008 at 10:39 am

finally!! We got a nice amount of snow and are expecting a lot more…rumor has it up to 10 inches all together! Way more than our biggest day last year. I am very excited and plan on making a snowman today. Woohoo!! Cold as all heck too.

• Anonymous
      December 24, 2008 at 11:49 pm

Well guys I wish we would have had snow last night instead of all the ice. I went to a basketball game at the high school and when i tried to get home there were several wrecks and i slid sideways down a hill, i told my son we could either go in the field by choice or just wait for it to happen..lol. I decided to go ahead and drive in the edge of the field so I would have traction to get down the hill and then I pulled into the driveway of a vacant house and called friends to come and get us. They were driving a heavy duty truck so they were able to get us all home. Unfortunately a bunch of people couldn’t make it home and several of them wrecked along the way. Next time my mom tells me to stay home I think I will listen.

• Anonymous
      December 25, 2008 at 4:48 am

No White Christmas here, its 54F outside at 4:45 am!! That’s practically toasty! Guess Santa had to use the Ford pickup last night!

• Anonymous
      December 26, 2008 at 1:00 am

It’s a cold day with a moderate amount of snow on the ground up here in southern Manitoba. No snow shovelling today for a change…what a relief!
      And with lots of food and water stored up, I’m in no want.

The nights are dark and still, very very cold and I’m waiting for the Northern Lights to appear sooner or later. Bundle up now, you folks in snow-country, and settle down for a nice winter sleep. Christmas Blessings!:)
      –Donna

• December 27, 2008 at 1:37 am

I would love to see the northern lights!

We had a white christmas and I loved sitting outside watching the snow fall until I finally went to bed about 2 am. I spent 2 hours shoveling snow and ice and slush christmas afternoon (and then cooked a non traditional hamburger dinner for the family and a couple of neighbor kids). Somewhere around the time I was shoveling hte neighbors sidewalk, I realized I had bitten off more than I could chew. But, I managed to get their walk done, our walk done, our driveway and part of our street in front of the house. My son and a couple of neighbor kids pitched in right before I was done because I just couldn’t lift another shovel full. I am sore and tired today (my entire body was vibrating last night!!) but it felt so incredibly good to do something so physical! Hubby was going to do it, but I told hubby I did it to prove to myself I am still alive and CAN do stuff. He was afraid of how my body would react and was a little worried about me ending up in bed for a couple of days. I somehow even got the kids to do a couple of other neighbors walks and driveways too. A lot got accomplished :). Now our neighborhood street is covered in a sheet of ice and so are a lot of the parking lots because of melted snow and puddles that had no where to go, and it is clear and COLD out. I hope everyone slows down and is careful if they are on the roads tonight.

This is my second real winter and I have been out driving in the snow and on the slick roads. No mishaps so far…and hope I keep my clean driving record! My son just got his permit today and we will be picking up his car on the 1st. He gets to learn to drive in winter weather! I figure if he can manage this with no problems, he will be fine. Only problem is, I am going to be the passenger. Yikes! I tell him each time we head out that this will be either a lesson in what NOT to do or a lesson in what TO do. He just shakes his head at me but hopefully it pays off when he gets behind the wheel in the next few days.

Please be safe everyone and post some pictures of the weather where you are!

• Anonymous
      December 27, 2008 at 2:04 am

Hey Tim! Looks like you are getting another storm coming in too! ROFL! I have not seen a flake yet in my area! Would love to see some white snow. Our area really needs it too! Send it on down! I’ll take some! LOL!:D
      Ohh! When me and Andy lived in PA I remember the nasty snow storms. I think it was in 1994 but not sure. It was where we had 17 snow storms that were one right after the other one. Ohh was that a fun experience. You could not even get to a store for over a week. Everybody was stranded.
      The snow and real cold weather alway’s bothered my neuropathy. Tim! Be careful out there in the snow with that neuropathy. It can make you feel bad! It did me several times. Stay warm and toasty!
      Cuddle with your wife eee poo and enjoy the Christmas Blizzard! A little Hot Chocolate and a nice warm fire! LOL! Hehehe!
      But you can send some down here in NC. We have nothing. Going to be in the 70’s possible this weekend. Depending on the front we get. I might even go outside and get some sun! ROFL!
      Hugs my friend!

Linda

• Anonymous
      December 27, 2008 at 2:06 am

Yeah I know! Here I am being a biotch and rubbing it in! ROFL! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• December 27, 2008 at 12:08 pm

I woke up to snow again! Close to 2 inches of new stuff so far and it is still coming down. I may let hubby do the shoveling this time, but then again I might just have fun doing it myself and worry about the rest later in a hot epsom salts bath while drinking cocoa and silently complaining ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      December 27, 2008 at 10:09 pm

ROFL! No snow here but we did get some rain later in the day. I even had my door open getting some fresh air! Yum yum! That fresh air and cool breeze felt so good. No coat, no gloves and no winter hats!
      North Carolina is actually a nice State to live in! When it snows here it usually is melted and gone the next day or two!
      LOL! Yeah yeah I know! I’m rubbing it in and better shut up before all the Snow Bunnies start getting ornery at me! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      December 28, 2008 at 6:16 pm

Our snow is all gone now too….wierd we had over 8 inches just last week and its all melted. Amazing what 50 degree weather and rain can do!

• Anonymous
      December 30, 2008 at 12:14 pm

We had a Tornado blow the roof off a small motel, Christmas Eve. Christmas day another one hit a mile from our home. It just started getting cool last night. I have been running my AC. LOL This is crazy weather!!!