BIG BIG, little improvement!

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2007 at 6:58 pm

Hello Family,
      None of my “big little improvements” were coming to me and I allowed myself to GIVE UP for more then a year, so I lost some of the abilities and improvements that I had gained two years ago. I’m trying to fight my way back up again and today I got on my bed and managed to get myself in a crawl position and I raised myself straight up on my knees. I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE! The next step is to just try and see if my legs are now strong enough to raise me up to a standing position. I’ll be on my bed, so I’ll be very very safe should I collapse.

NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP! WE DO HAVE HOPE!

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2007 at 7:28 pm

CodyStanley

Excellent news!!! You are doing great…

Might I also suggest that, if you use a wheelchair, go into your kitchen and
      go up to the sink, lock the wheels to the chair and put your hands over the
      part of the counter with your fingers inside the sink…pull yourself up and
      try to stand up…it could take a few tries…stand up as long as you can,
      then s-l-o-w-l-y ease back down.

Try this several times a day. My PT’s say that the longer you can stand up
      the better, any weight on the legs help them to strengthen the muscles.

I have only been able to walk, with my PT’s, 25 feet with a walker, but, I
      can stand at the sink for five minutes.

I have a lot of exercises for you, in and out of bed.

Good news…but be very careful on the bed…

Miami Girl

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2007 at 8:34 pm

Liz,

that is awesome….I am so happy for you !!!!!! Amazing how what seem to be little things are so huge and feel so good when accomplished.
      Best wishes with continued improvement !

Stacey

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2007 at 8:52 pm

[FONT=”Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=”6″][COLOR=”Blue”]Liz,
      Congratulations!!! Keep going[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2007 at 9:51 pm

Whoo-hoo! You Go Girl!

Keep It Up!

• Anonymous
      July 5, 2007 at 11:36 pm

[B][COLOR=”SeaGreen”][SIZE=”5″]HOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIZE=”2″][COLOR=”Black”][B][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
      Do you mind IF I ask you if you were hot and well sweaty afterwards? That CAN be a lot of a workout when you aren’t used to it.
      Little steps, add up to more steps, which add up to BIG steps..It’s slow, but I DO know you will get there!

• Anonymous
      July 6, 2007 at 6:47 am

Great news Liz. Did you ever get list or pictures of exercise to do at home to get more strength back?
      I know my Dad have some and myself also I go to physio and they gave me some exercise to do at home to help get my strength back.

Good luck and happy recovery

Sue

• July 6, 2007 at 10:28 am

Liz,

I am happy to hear your news! Keep up the hard work and don’t give up! Have a great day and weekend!

Dawn Kevies mom ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• Anonymous
      July 6, 2007 at 12:07 pm

[COLOR=red]What a HUGE STEP Liz!!! Keep up the Great Work!!!:) [/COLOR]

• Anonymous
      July 6, 2007 at 6:08 pm

Liz,

Congradulation on your new commitment to improve! I’m so happy to see that it’s working for you.

How wonderful that you have done so well. Keep up the good work!

Suzanne

• Anonymous
      July 7, 2007 at 9:28 pm

Liz,
      So glad to hear of your news. You have been on my mind for a few weeks and I wondered how you were comming along. I remembered you struggling as to wether or not you were dealing with C M T. I know you’ve had a bad time lately, and am so glad to hear how you surprised yourself. It is so encouraging to keep on keeping on. My prayers are withy you.
      Mary Ann

• Anonymous
      July 8, 2007 at 9:56 pm

Liz, you are an inspiration!! Keep us updated.
      Linda

• Anonymous
      July 8, 2007 at 10:27 pm

Surprises like that are what keep us going!
      If you have a set back, that’s OK too… It happens?
      Hugs and good things always….

• Anonymous
      July 9, 2007 at 10:48 pm

I am so happy for you, Liz. Discovering new improvements is such a joy. As always, I wish for you a big, little improvement every day. (But please be careful not to hurt yourself)

cd

• Anonymous
      July 9, 2007 at 11:25 pm

Hello family,
      I think this news could be considered a BIG BIG BIG improvement. If you knew what a scaredy cat I am and was about doing things alone, you’d better understand how much it is.

I am planning a vacation in December and I will be meeting the young woman that I call my “foster daughter” for the first time. When she came to America from the Philippines, I was still in the progressive stages of CIDP and not well enough to travel. Now I am stable, the progression has stopped and I will be flying from Long Island, New York to San Diego, California, BY MYSELF! I am in a wheelchair!

• Anonymous
      July 10, 2007 at 10:35 pm

What exciting news, Liz!!! You have a lot to look forward to! Keep us posted ๐Ÿ™‚