Anyone in the Phoenix/Tempe area?

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2006 at 6:41 pm

Is there anyone in the Phoenix metro area who has had GBS?

I had it 2 years ago, and would like a local to have coffee or lunch with occaisionally.

No, not looking for a date…I am happily married to an AWESOME lady…but it would be nice to talk with someone who has been there!

Sean

• August 29, 2006 at 7:43 pm

neat idea Sean. A friend who has been there sure would be nice sometimes.

Im in San Diego CA…not even aware of a support group here.

Lori

• Anonymous
      August 29, 2006 at 11:07 pm

Hello Sean,
      As a starter, you could try contacting the GBS/CIDP Foundation liaison, closest to you would be Scottsdale: Eugene De Wart 480-991-0552

A great thing for you to do, would be to attend the foundation symposium being held at Embassy Suites in Scottsdale, Nov. 3rd to 5th. You may meet some of your local people there. Call the foundation for information.

• Anonymous
      August 30, 2006 at 1:32 am

I appreciate the heads up!

I have felt pretty isolated for the last couple of years.

Had it not been for my wife and daughter, I don’t think I’d have made it as far as I have.

I’d just really like to talk to someone who doesn’t say…”What is guillain barre?”

• Anonymous
      August 30, 2006 at 1:32 am

[QUOTE=fairly_odd_mother]neat idea Sean. A friend who has been there sure would be nice sometimes.

Im in San Diego CA…not even aware of a support group here.

Lori[/QUOTE]

Lori, since we are so close…if you ever want to chat…PM me.

• Anonymous
      August 30, 2006 at 5:49 am

Sean,

As CodyStanley states………….the 9th International Symposium is right there in Phoenix……November 3-5, 2006.!!! Perfect for you !!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ™‚

Perry

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2006 at 12:55 pm

Sean,

I live in North Central Phoenix and had my attack 4 1/2 years ago. I was paralyzed from the chest down and in a whellchair for almost 1 year. Today I’m walking short distances with a cane and have some of the usual residuals. I have tingling feet and legs, bowel and badder problems, fatague, nerve pain and muscle spasms.

I would like to hear your story and tell you mine. PM me any time.

Take the rest of the day off,

Rob

• Anonymous
      September 1, 2006 at 1:30 pm

Hi Sean (and anyone else with a similar question):

As some of the replies to you have already mentioned, the Phoenix Symposium would be a good place for you to meet people. Also, by becoming a member of our organization (completely confidential and at no cost) you get a packet of information with a chapter directory, a quarterly newsletter and a brochure about the Phoenix meeting). In the chapter directory, you would get the contact person in Phoenix and, if you become a member, get invited to local meetings (Lori, we also have a chapter in San Diego).

I hope this answers your question.

Barbara Katzman
      Associate Director
      GBS/CIDP Foundation International

• Anonymous
      September 2, 2006 at 3:40 am

My Fiance started his GBS journey just this summer. Luckily it ended up to be fairly mild, (only traveled to his thighs) and he’s now walking with a cane. We live down in Laveen (west end of south mountain).

I have yet to talk to people from the valley who have it. I work at Phx Children’s, and even here most people don’t know what it is. ๐Ÿ™‚

Amy

• September 9, 2006 at 12:44 pm

Sean I sent ya a PM with a stupid question…then realized it was you who started this thread. I can be so blonde sometimes. Just have a laugh and dont bother answering the where do ya live question ๐Ÿ™‚

Lori

• Anonymous
      October 11, 2006 at 2:22 pm

Richard…call me back. Your number was lost in the forum crash.

Sean
      480-516-2556

• Anonymous
      October 11, 2006 at 6:30 pm

Sean,

I hope you get a chance to come to the Symposium, I would love to meet you, it’s always nice to put a face with a name. Several of us from the forums will be there.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2006 at 2:19 am

[QUOTE=Jerimy]Sean,

I hope you get a chance to come to the Symposium, I would love to meet you, it’s always nice to put a face with a name. Several of us from the forums will be there.

Jerimy[/QUOTE]

I’d like to be there, but I don’t think I will be able to make it.

I am the one who stays home with my 2 1/2 year old hurricane.

If you wanted to get together one evening, I’d be up for that.

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2006 at 10:48 am

Sean,

I’ve got your number saved, will try and get something arranged with you before I get there.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      October 12, 2006 at 11:30 pm

I had a fairly mild case of gbs in November of 1999. I just moved to the Phoenix area over the summer. PM if you need to talk.

programmer317