Any connection with shingles vacine?

• Anonymous
      October 25, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I was already having some pain, but just a few days after I had the shingles vacine (I’m 64), my legs collapsed and that’s when my condition became full-blown, diagnosed within a couple of weeks as CIDP (or Lyme disease); they treated me for both in the hospital after I was admitted with bells palsy. But has anyone else heard of a reaction after the shingles vacine?

• Anonymous
      October 25, 2011 at 7:54 pm

[FONT=”Microsoft Sans Serif”]My CIDP came on after a bout of shingles…[/FONT]

• Anonymous
      October 25, 2011 at 11:45 pm

I remember reading years ago about cases of GBS after the chicken pox vaccine. Since shingles is chicken pox reactivated I would assume there may be some cases of GBS after the vaccine as well.

Kelly

• Anonymous
      October 26, 2011 at 6:33 am

[FONT=”Microsoft Sans Serif”]and… I do know another man, one who is seeking SCT now, that came down with CIDP after getting shingles.

As Kelly says, it’s a reactivation of the virus itself. Who knows–[/FONT]

• April 10, 2021 at 3:15 pm

Same thing happened to me from pneumonia vaccine. My legs collapsed day after. But now I have to have the covid vacine and am fearful.

• April 27, 2021 at 7:39 am

fwiw, I was diagnosed with GBS (not CIDP) two weeks after receiving *both* the flu and shingrix (Shingles) vaccines at the same time (perhaps not the wisest thing to do in retrospect). That was 18 months ago. DOctors recommended that I stop getting the flu vaccine and to not get the second dose of shingrix. At least at that time, unlike with the influenza vaccine, there was no “known” link between shingrix and GBS. At any rate, since then I’m almost fully recovered, and received the J&J COVID vaccine about five weeks ago without any serious side effects or reactions.

• July 12, 2021 at 10:07 pm

March 24, 2021 the FDA added a warning on GBS and Shingrix. I was very hesitant to get any vaccines but decided to go ahead with COVID and shingles vaccines. Neurologists were no help on this question. I had 2 bouts of CIDP. I read that with the shingles vaccine, Gbs symptoms would appear 42 days after first shot and none after the second shot. I had no idea about the shingles shot and GBS but I will have second shot.