A question

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2007 at 5:01 pm

Hey there.
      I have a strange thing happening right now…don’t know why…
      Maybe you guys do.

I was diagnosed with GB on March 13th of this year. I have/had the AMAN form. It only attacked me from my hips down. I made great (quick) improved from not being able to walk to driving my car. Yes, my 5 speed on April 20th!! Exactly 6 weeks after the GBS started. You couldn’t even tell anything was wrong with me. Lucky me, I guess. I’ll admit, I did have a few set backs along the way.

All has been going well since. I’ve been able to do my “normal activities”. Spent entire days out in the garden and shopping without a problem..yippee.

Suddenly, this last Friday, May 11th, I went to my grandmother’s funeral. Felt fine. When I got up from the pew to exit, my legs went out!!! To almost exactly where I was 6 weeks ago!

So here I am. Unable to walk without a cane, drive, stand myself up, or go upstairs and my legs just ache! How could just sitting in a church pew cause this??? What is this????

I haven’t contacted my neurologist or physical therapist with hopes that this will clear up!

Thanks

becca (and family)

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2007 at 6:26 pm

Hi Becca,

What you are experiencing could be residuals of GBS. Although with the death of your grandmother, it could just be that you are going through a very upsetting time in your life and stress can bring about what you are going through right now. If I were you I wouldn’t wait to call the Neuro. After all you are still in the recovery stage, it hasn’t been all that long since you were first diagnosed.

Take care of yourself.

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2007 at 8:36 pm

becca,

ditto brandy. major, major rest is needed if you are having a major setback. getting a ncv can tell if it is another real attack. take care. be well.

gene gbs 8-99
      in numbers there is strength

• Anonymous
      May 14, 2007 at 8:48 pm

Hi Becca ~ “just sitting in a church pew” didn’t cause “this”! True recovery takes time and you have pushed your body without the resting phase. I am delighted that you are able to do the things you do, so quickly, but my “guess” would be that your body is saying “whoa, just a minute. I need some concentrated resting time 😮 “. Also, many of us experience some exacerbation of symptoms with emotional stress.

I wish you continued strength as you listen to your body, not push it so hard, and rest, rest, rest.

• Anonymous
      May 17, 2007 at 1:20 am

Welcome to our family Becca. Contact your Neuro and find out what is going on. Maybe some medications etc could help you. It’s nice to meet you. Take care.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2007 at 3:48 pm

could new carpet installation exacerbate GBS?

Peggy80

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2007 at 3:59 pm

I answered on the other thread Peggy 🙂