6 Month anniversary 1 question

• Anonymous
      April 7, 2007 at 8:13 pm

Hi, Yep 6 months all the nero doctors told my wife I was not going to make it. I whent thru the hole bit trac ect ect. They said my age was against me. I am 73. Fooled them haha. I feel great the neurontin 2400 mgs helps a lot. When I put my shoes on I get a feeling like my socks are bunched up the pads right under my toes seems a little bit larger than before GBS, dont hurt dont harm my walking? Im learning my limitations. I am so grateful for all the help I have received from all of you. Think Good Thoughts…gg

• Anonymous
      April 7, 2007 at 9:24 pm

Thanks for your report. It is good to hear that you are making progress and feeling better. Much success in your continued progress. As far as you question about the shoes and socks I have never experienced that nor do I know of any others who have.

• Anonymous
      April 7, 2007 at 11:20 pm

I reach my sixth month anniversary next week – I start counting from when my GBS peaked….when I put on my socks, I feel like my toes are caught between a big piece of yarn and my big toes seem larger. I notice swelling my by feet and especially my toes since I have started walking..or when I get out of bed in the morning. I am so glad you proved the doctors wrong….remember the difference between God and doctors. God doesn’t act like a doctor! ( had too many wrong diagnoses!)

• Anonymous
      April 7, 2007 at 11:27 pm

Dear Gene

I’m delighted you fooled ’em but then, what do they actually know? I can only hope that they learn from their experience.

As to the bunched-up socks feeling, have you tried – not wearing socks? As long as the weather where you are is okay, that is. Or, a larger size shoe?

God bless

• Anonymous
      April 9, 2007 at 3:18 pm

Hi Gene,

I am almost 2 years post GBS (May 2005) and I still have a weird sensations in the balls of my feet. They are more sensitive and sometimes feel like they are swolen. My hands also feel weird. I have noticed that when I am tired both my hands and feet will be worse. I am still waiting to wake up one day and all the symptoms be gone.

What amazing progress for you! God is good!

• April 12, 2007 at 9:18 pm

Hey Gene, I know exactly how your feet feel.
      I am about 18 months post GBS and every time I put shoes on, I have to tell myself the socks are on correctly. As you say – it doesn’t stop you from walking; but it can be annoying. Certainly better than flat on your back and a machine breathing for you.
      Keep on keepin on.
      AL

• Anonymous
      April 12, 2007 at 11:29 pm

Yup! the sock thingy ~ thought I was the only one :p I am totally convinced that [I]nothing is out-of-line [/I]for a strange residual 😮 Just because we haven’t heard of it from someone else doesn’t mean it isn’t so. You gotta love this “family” ’cause we’re a strange bunch 😀

• Anonymous
      April 13, 2007 at 8:24 am

I also get the bunched up sock feeling. My feet are extremely sensitive. I am experimenting with desensitization for them. I got some of the croc beach shoes that have little nubs in the soles and I am trying those. I wore them yesterday and this morning it still felt like I was wearing them! 😮 Has anyone tried anything like this?

• Anonymous
      April 13, 2007 at 9:12 am

I wear socks with my crocs, especially in the cold weather. i have worn them without socks, but it is alittle uncomfortable because of the nubs and the elevated toe area, i also have to use the band to keep them on my feet so i don’t fall. they are soo much more comfortable right now on my feet then my new balance shoes-not great for support like my nbs but until i fall they are nice.

• April 16, 2007 at 9:33 am

I have to wear socks all the time because the ground feels too cold and rough to me.

I am so glad you are recovering well. It’s great to hear!!