Reply To: residuals?

Anonymous
March 28, 2008 at 3:25 pm

Dex,

You are not a wus..you are grieving what you have lost. That is a normal response to trauma. What you are feeling is a normal response to an abnormal event. At some point, you will find the strength (physically and emotionally) to live the best life you can. The reality is that I will never be that person I was before GBS, but what I have chosen is to be a better person and to learn from my experiences. I have chosen to get on with living. I have been very fortunate to have made a very remarkable recovery, and it is only now that I am beginning to have trouble as I experience residuals. I can appreciate where you are coming from because on the outside I look healthy and I cover really well, but on the inside, I am suffering physically and mentally. That is why I have chosen to come back here to the forums to talk to people who I know can appreciate where I am coming from. Please know we are all here for you, we understand your frustrations and your pain. Please pm or email me and we can keep in touch. I find comfort in knowing someone understands. I hope you can find the same.

Take care…I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.