August 2, 2010 at 4:53 pm


I would suggest that you apply for both you and hubby. You didn’t ask for your disability and if your quality of life is affected then you owe it to yourself to apply. All they can say is No. Don’t give up if they so no the first time! I suggest you check out this info and then chat with your doctor,the paperwork is not hard at all.

Check out this site and send me a private message if I can help.


The Disability Tax Credit (DTC)
To qualify for the DTC you must have a physical or mental impairment that is both severe and prolonged. Prolonged means that your impairment must be expected to last a continuous period of at least 12 months. Severe means that you are:
– blind,
or you are markedly restricted in any of the following activities of daily living:
– walking
– speaking
– hearing
– dressing
– feeding
– elimination (bowel or bladder functions)
– mental functions necessary for everyday life
or be significantly restricted in two or more activities of daily living (e.g., dressing, speaking, feeding, walking, mental functions necessary for everyday life, etc.)
or you need, and must dedicate a certain amount of time specifically for, life-sustaining therapy.