Reply To: Medicinal Marijuana and CBD Treatments

January 14, 2021 at 9:15 pm

Hi Hedley, I still smoke marijuana, though I only do it at night. I stopped using gabapentin altogether last April…..got tired of feeling like a zombie and gaining weight although it certainly helped when I was in a great deal of pain as did oxycodone and codeine. I’m not using any drugs now and haven’t been since March, 2020.

I believe that incontinence is caused by GBS…..that’s what the research says, especially constipation. Hedley, do you not have a doctor? Your internist can help you as well as a neurologist.

The one activity that’s helped me the most is water therapy, swimming and walking in a pool. It felt so good to walk again by myself (no walker or wheelchair) in the shallow part of the pool. Now, due to Covid, the pool is closed and so is the YMCA, where I was planning to go during the winter.

The YMCA has really great programs to help disabled people such as myself, and most Y’s have an indoor heated pool and have very good instuctors including the American Arthritis Association. I don’t know which state you’re in but I’m sure it has a Y. If I don’t exercise for a week, I’m in a lot of pain, so I exercise daily, walking with my walker outside or pushing my wheelchair inside.

Did you get the little handbook this organization mails you for free? It has some very good information in it. And most people do recover from GBS.