Reply To: Fasciculations

May 5, 2020 at 7:56 pm

Hi Justin,

If you are still experiencing GBS-like symptoms a few years after initial diagnosis, it is likely CIDP or one of its variants. RGBS doesn’t last much more than a year.

1…Leg twitching: I am a wheelchair bound paraplegic since 2008 thanks to CIDP. The CIDP gave me a bonus form of restless leg syndrome. It’s a twitching, fasciculations, and squirmy feeling in my legs. It is not painful, but extremely irritating. It can keep me from sleeping at times. My neuro had me on Requip (Ropinirole) for my RLS but it didn’t help me and I was experiencing some of the side effects from that drug, so I went off it.

What I found that works for me is a low cost over-the-counter homeopathic item called “Restless Legs Relief” from Magnilife. This works wonders for my RLS symptoms and usually starts working in about 30 minutes after taking it. There are always some that would say this is not a medicine. But, as far as I’m concerned, if it helps remove and/or reduce RLS discomfort it IS a medicine of sorts. I take it daily and it has worked consistently for me for a few years now.

2…Vitamin B: Please see the following forum thread –

Can CIDP Cause HIGH Vitamin B-12 Value

3…Elevated CK: You may be able to lower the level naturally. See the following link –
https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-lower-creatinine