Reply To: Neurologist motivation for treatment?

August 20, 2018 at 1:22 pm

My neurologist thought I might be in remission or as he said “CIDP sometimes burns itself out in some people”. I have been on IVIG for 6 years now since first diagnosed. Started at every 3 weeks and over time pushed out to every 4 weeks… then every 5 weeks. Stayed at every 5 weeks for long time and did great. So my neurologist wanted to see if I had gone into remission. Said the only way to know is push out IVIG even farther and see how I react. Well to my disappointment as soon as I tried to make every 6 weeks I started to experience symptoms in the 6th week and had to have my nurse come out mid-week and give me my infusion. Went back down to every 4 weeks until everything was under control again and am now back out to every 5 weeks. Plan on staying there! But sure wish I would go into remission. I don’t know if there is anything I can do or take to increase my chances of remission. I hear IVIG usually doesn’t put you into remission. Just maintains your disease. But afraid to change to anything else too.