Reply To: Help? Rehab facility refusing admission

May 2, 2017 at 6:25 pm

SNF’s must be licensed in California. The CDPH website is here:
They list 89 SNF’s in SD county. You can narrow the search to focus on a smaller area.

If you wish to file a complaint with the CDPH you can do so here:

I spent about 6 months in a LA SNF while recuperating from GBS/CIDP/MFS. I couldn’t wait to be well enough to go home, even the best SNF’s are no fun.

Peripheral neuropathy (PN) is a bit more common than CIDP type descriptions. Perhaps the wording you give the SNF should be more generic. Most SNF’s have dealt with PN or diabetic neuropathies. Try different wording. Your mother will need assistance with ADL’s, that’s what SNF’s do.