Reply To: Anemia Due To CIDP?

September 16, 2016 at 8:04 pm

I received another maintenance infusion of 750 MG Rituximab yesterday through a Cedars-Sinai (Center of Excellence) affiliate program here in LA. They slowed the infusion rate this time (to 4 hrs) because I passed out last time when they ran it fast (2 hrs) per my stupid request. I have 2-3 more treatments every 90 days and then I’m done.

My Hemoglobin count is now 11.8, just a little below low-normal (12.0) for my age. My CIDP is still in remission since 2009 and I believe the Rituximab helped with that… maybe has helped to permanently keep it in remission too!

I continue to get more movement in my legs and feet, albeit very slow, but movement nonetheless. The Rituximab has also helped to allow my body to heal Axonal and Myelin damage beyond the typical 3-4 year mark. I can move a few toes where I could not last year.

My opinion is that Rituximab may be the best new treatment for CIDP in addition to HSTC therapy.

Did you know that the name of this drug isn’t random? It is defined by the World Health Organization: Rituximab is made up of RI the unique name, TU the target (misc tumor), and XI the source (chimeric) and MAB=monoclonal antibody. The MAB category of drugs is the latest scientific breakthrough and has produced Rituximab and Pembrolizumab (Keytruda – the Jimmy Carter miracle cancer drug). See some of the drug naming conventions here:
http://www.nhlcyberfamily.org/treatments/moab.htm

My next Rituximab treatment is just before Christmas.

Is anybody else in our community getting the drug? What is your experience? Please share with us so we can all learn and keep abreast of treatment options.