Reply To: medical marijuana

June 29, 2016 at 8:05 pm

I had GBS on Feb 7, 2010. It wasn’t until last year that recreational marijuana became legal here in the state of Washington.
Stephen is right about CBD. I use Mary’s Medicinals CDB patches. I quarter them and wear one at a time on my wrist about the area where the pulse is taken. For me, it works. I’m one of the 20% that never regained normalcy. I spend much time in a wheelchair. I’ve had pain both hip joints and neuropathic for all 6 years since onset, until I started CDB. The reason I started using the patch was an article in the Los Angeles Times, explaining the dangers of OxyContin which I had been using up until 6 weeks ago. I quit cold turkey, went through Hell as they say, with withdrawal. Dummy me. I forget to read ahead about quitting cold turkey. It’s terrible. I believe in heroine addiction it’s called Chasing the Dragon.
CBD not only relieves both kinds of pain thereby cutting out pain pills, it relieves anxiety, so now I don’t take as much Ativan. I took that because I have GAD or generalized anxiety disorder as its called in DSM IV.
I tell folks to give it a try. At this time I’m trying to get my wife to try it. She has been suffering with post polio since 1986 and is also in pain and a wheelchair. I am 70 years old. She is 69 years old.

Sincerely
Bob Shannon
On Facebook we go by:
One Step at a Time; Living with Guillain Barre
Spokane area, WA