Your Replies
-
When I was diagnosed 5 years ago, I had a 4 day course of Solu-Medrol, which was then followed up with a weekly dose for 8 weeks, then fortnightly, then eventually monthly for a few months.
The improvement was pretty dramatic from being bedridden to a walker, walking stick, and then nothing within 2 months.
I did have a relapse last year, but knowing the symptoms, I contacted my Neurologist and I once again had a 4 day treatment of Solu-Medrol, followed up with 8 weekly doses.
Correction Solumedrol is not the IviG, it is a steroid like Predisone given intravenously.
Good day to you, My name is Patrick, from South Africa. I was diagnosed in July 2020.
I had an IV treatment of Solumedrol (I don’t know if that is the same as your IVIG), once daily x5, then one fortnightly x8.
Initially I used to get a sharp jab, in my feet, like a knitting needle poking them. My Neurologist placed me onto Epileptin that helped for a while.
I had a relapse now November 2023, where I had the same treatment.
I experienced spasms/jerks in legs usually about 30minutes after going to bed. This eventually built up that nearly my entire body jerked after getting up and ended up with about 3 or 4 hours sleep every 3 days if I was lucky.
My Neurologist tried me on Oxpola as well as Nurika without much success. I have also been on Urbanol as I had extreme vertigo anxieties when why CIDP first started.
After experimenting a bit, I found that one Epileptin capsule and one Urbanol tablet taken every third day, just about eliminated my spasms as well as the tingling in my hand and feet, I am also able to get a full nights sleep albeit more than I was hoping for.
Not knowing the half-life and effective concentrations of the medications, I have not experimented further but I get the feeling that the Urbanol might be effective for slightly longer.
It is however a bit of a double edge sword, as it seems to make you a bit lethargic as well as foggy minded.
I hope that this might be of assistance to you or someone else.