Worse after Surgery

• Anonymous
      June 28, 2007 at 6:03 pm

I have a question. I was making a good/decent recovery recently with my IVIG and was actually starting to get some energy and feeling decent. Then I had my surgery and the kidney thing happened and now I can’t get myself off the couch. I was oh so hoping that the ivig treatment last week would help me out and I am just blah….is this normal? should I call the doctor’s? am I back where I was due to the surgery?

I am so frustrated and miss my new found energy.

Kel

• Anonymous
      June 28, 2007 at 6:39 pm

You Know Kelly, I just spent the day trying to justify why I feel so exhauted and can just barely get off the couch myself. Well, After having a virus that my body had to fight while trying to compete with the chemo that is forcing my body to suppress its fighting ability, it only makes sense. Your body had to defend itself against the assault of surgery and when it does so that activates the CIDP, thus the need for the couch. We just have to trust our bodies and allow them to take what they need. I am so sorry that you feel frustrated by the loss of the newly obtained energy. I can completely understand your feelings. I guess the good thing is that you know the ivig works so there is hope. Hang in there.
      Linda