Will this be the last photo of "Sweetie"?

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2007 at 2:19 pm

UPDATE!

Sweetie has a nasty lung infection, we’ll be giving her antibiotics, vitamins, etc., and there is some hope she will improve. She only functioning on one lung and all her blood work results are poor due to the infection. She is not in pain.

The feral cat we call Sweetie has lost weight and my wife thought she felt a mass…..
      ….and Sweetie has been quite uncharacteristically affectionate lately, and darts into
      the house at any opportunity.

Yesterday she got up on a chair, so I took a quick hand-held shot, only existing light
      from outside.

I took Sweetie to the Vet this morning and I’m really hoping this won’t be the last photo
      of her we get…..we’ll know by tomorrow…..

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1428/887774856_3ebcd309e2_o.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1054/890175777_17a0c88d6f_o.jpg[/IMG]

• July 24, 2007 at 3:24 pm

Well Ken,
      Even if it is bad news from the vet, you have the great pictures and feelings of gratitude from sweetie. She must trust you guys to just come in from the outside to be with you!
      Dawn 😮

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2007 at 8:19 pm

[QUOTE=Dawn Kevies mom]Well Ken,
      Even if it is bad news from the vet, you have the great pictures and feelings of gratitude from sweetie. She must trust you guys to just come in from the outside to be with you!
      Dawn :o[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Dawn! Yes, lately she purrs loud enough to hear a few feet away….

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2007 at 10:55 pm

Just wanted to say that I love your kitty pictures. If surgery will save Sweetie, will you and your wife take care of her? Animals can love unconditionally! How is Crying in the Rain”, do you still see that beautiful kitty? I wish I could get another pet for myself, but I cannot do it unless I can give them the care I think they should have.

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2007 at 11:29 pm

[QUOTE=codystanley]Just wanted to say that I love your kitty pictures. If surgery will save Sweetie, will you and your wife take care of her? Animals can love unconditionally! How is Crying in the Rain”, do you still see that beautiful kitty? I wish I could get another pet for myself, but I cannot do it unless I can give them the care I think they should have.[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Liz!

The vet puts her age at around 12, and says she looks like she’s had a hard life…..

If it is something easily repairable/corrected and if she can have a pain free life we’ll take care of her…..
      but we won’t allow any suffering to have her around longer just for our pleasure.

• Anonymous
      July 24, 2007 at 11:33 pm

Ken, Sweetie looks awfully contented!! She knows who she can trust to give her the care she needs. Cats can sense caring people!! Nice shots also!:)

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2007 at 2:37 am

Ken, I love cats, I will pray for Sweetie. She looks like a clone of my last cat Pete.

Jerimy

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2007 at 10:20 am

[QUOTE=angel2ndclass22699]Ken, Sweetie looks awfully contented!! She knows who she can trust to give her the care she needs. Cats can sense caring people!! Nice shots also!:)[/QUOTE]
      Thank you Cheryl!

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2007 at 10:21 am

[QUOTE=Jerimy]Ken, I love cats, I will pray for Sweetie. She looks like a clone of my last cat Pete.

Jerimy[/QUOTE]
      Thanks Jerimy!

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2007 at 11:53 am

p.s. my sister-in-law has the same fabric on her couch and chair set.:)

• Anonymous
      July 25, 2007 at 1:36 pm

[QUOTE=angel2ndclass22699]p.s. my sister-in-law has the same fabric on her couch and chair set.:)[/QUOTE]
      That’s quite a coincidence!

….note that I’ve modified this post…

[QUOTE]UPDATE!

Sweetie has a nasty lung infection, we’ll be giving her antibiotics, vitamins, etc., and there is some hope she will improve. She only functioning on one lung and all her blood work results are poor due to the infection. She is not in pain. [/QUOTE]