WII MII, Norb is that a WII of yourself?

• Anonymous
      January 15, 2009 at 1:54 pm

Hi Norb,

Is that a WII of yourself?? If so, How did you get it on the avatar??
      I want to do that. That is Awesome!!–tim–

• Anonymous
      January 15, 2009 at 5:03 pm

Yes, that’s my Mii. I took a photo of it, cropped it in Photoshop and voila. Actually, I used the animation feature to make it blink but thatn is not required for an avatar,.

• Anonymous
      January 15, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Hi Norb,

Photoshop is Big Software. You have that for the D300?

You have done a good Job. I will try, I was looking at Photoshop
      yesterday and its $700 for the suite. Too much for me.

I suspected you may had bought the Manage MII software to do
      it and get it on your computer. but I was wrong. it may work too.
      its $20.
      thanks Norb,

well , I did it. I couldn’t do the blink thing. Unless a mini video.
      My D90 has live view and I can video the blink part, I will try.
      Yours is better and I don’t mean to be a copy cat but they are
      so Cool–tim–

tim

• January 15, 2009 at 6:17 pm

Those are cool guys, but now I feel even stupider regarding my computer capabilities or lack there of. I bought a new print artist and it has some cool things on it that I am going to try my hardest to figure out. You guys inspired me to overcome my techie phobias!!
      Dawn Kevies mom

PS Kevie has the cutest little wii person of himself and one of his nurse Joe that looks exactly like Joe, maybe I could “some day’ figure out how to get it on!

• Anonymous
      January 16, 2009 at 10:52 am

Dawn, it takes patience and persistance but once you get it it can be lots of fun.

Tim, nice Mii. I’ll grab it and make it blink, OK? You can’t use a video as avatar. It has to be a picture assembled from indivual stills. I simply made a duplicate of my Mii shot and fixed the eyes with photoshop.

What is a D90 and D300?

• Anonymous
      January 16, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Hi Norb,

wow, I downloaded a trial of photoshop. It is very intimidating. You have cs2 for windows. they now have CS4 and it is complicated. Could probably spend 40-50 hours playing with it and get no where. Or maybe take a class.

Anyway, I thought I saw you holding a D300 in Thailand photo’s, It must have been another flickr site I was on. I see you used Olympus c2000x unit.

A D300 is professional camera from Nikon. I use a Nikon D90 as an amatuer.
      Can do video but the file size is big. it will take days on that cs4 to work it out. No Biggy. Things to do on a rainy day.

C ya–tim–

• Anonymous
      January 16, 2009 at 6:04 pm

OK, here it is. Just grab it. Wasn’t a big deal, about 20 min. Yes, PS is complicated. I just know the basics. Carol, my wife, is the wiz. She knows all kinds of cool tricks.
      That was a Olympus C2000. Last year we switched to a Canon SX100 with 8 Mp.

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3446/3201769485_ac0d85ace1_o.gif[/IMG]

• Anonymous
      January 16, 2009 at 9:02 pm

you guys are so funny..I wish I was only half as techie as you..lol i can’t even remember how i put my first avatar on so heaven forbid i try to change it.

• Anonymous
      January 16, 2009 at 9:21 pm

Well I feel like an old fart here with my computer. When it comes to this computer I only know the basics and somehow have not gotten the knack of other things. I’m still in the early 90’s! ๐Ÿ˜€ If my son was living back home he would have taught me all this stuff. In fact he actually taught me the computer back in the early 90’s. And I have been stuck there ever since! But it looks like you both are having alot of fun! LOL! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      January 16, 2009 at 11:11 pm

OK Norb! lesson time for mii:D I have a mii but I don’t know how to get it to jump onto my puter-I know you can hook up the wii to the puter but I haven’t looked into that yet either-too much fog to wade through still.:o how can I get a trial download of ps for me to play with???:confused:

• Anonymous
      January 16, 2009 at 11:18 pm

[QUOTE=angel2ndclass22699]OK Norb! lesson time for mii:D I have a mii but I don’t know how to get it to jump onto my puter-I know you can hook up the wii to the puter but I haven’t looked into that yet either-too much fog to wade through still.:o how can I get a trial download of ps for me to play with???:confused:[/QUOTE]
      Probably on the Adobe website. You probably have to wait until we come your way so I can give you a personalized hands-on tutorial. ๐Ÿ˜€ Or maybe Carol, she is a darn good teacher. We are probably going on our road trip east this summer. Still up to meeting?

• Anonymous
      January 17, 2009 at 5:53 am

Very cute ya’ll. FYI, I have both Photoshop CS and Paint Shop Pro and I find Paint Shop to be much more user friendly. Photoshop is more powerful but there are only a few features on Photoshop I need that Paint Shop doesn’t have. Paint Shop is also much cheaper… it’s made by Corel and they have a trial download as well.

For free stuff try Gimp, it has many features of both programs and its totally free.

I like your Miis, maybe if I get a Wii, I’ll make a Mii too. (there is a pun in there somewhere…)

• Anonymous
      January 17, 2009 at 6:19 am

Norb is the man with the photoshop! Thank you Norb, that was nice of you to take the time to modify my avatar. This one is
      a keeper and will be there for a while unless we scheme up something better. LOL. Maybe we can get em off the Play screen
      holding the tennis rachet or something. We can have some fun with this.

We both took pictures of our MII’s right off the TV screen. Size it for the avatar. I am still unsure how the blink thing happens.

I went to Adobe site and you can flick around and get a trial of a full blown version of Photoshop CS4. almost 1GB download. it is awesome and there are alot of turorials to help get you started. I plan on tinkering with it for the 30 days or so. then doing it again from another acount for another 30 days. eventually if confident enough, buy it and go to a formal class. Right now a class would be futile, I would not even know how to phrase a question on it.
      This is the most complicated software I have ever monkied with. Not Only is it complicated you must understand color like you were either Judy Garland or a Leprochon. Good luck

• Anonymous
      January 17, 2009 at 11:32 am

In case you want to tinker with animation, here some pointers;

1. on menu bar select “image” and then “duplicate”
      —first picture will be “eyes open”, second one “eyes closed”, to do that
      2. on tool bar select clone tool (looks like a stamp), make diameter 4 pixels (on bar item below menu bar labelled “Brush”
      3. move pointer to area of your face you want to clone and press alt key and click
      4. move pointer to your eyes and keep clicking until entire area is covered. You may have to pick new area to clone (alt click) to get it right (PS version of skin graft ๐Ÿ˜‰ )
      5. to create animation select “Window” on menu bar and then “animation”
      6. create new blank canvas same size as your photo. It will appear as your first frame on the new animation window at the bottom.
      7. copy and paste on empty canvas your “eyes open” photo
      8. on animation window click on tiny arrow on the far right and select “new frame”
      9. copy and paste “eyes closed” on canvas on top of “eyes open”
      10. on each frame adjust timing, at the bottom of each frame where it says “0 sec”
      11. play animation, use > play (below frames) – adjust timing to your liking
      12. save for web – it will be a .gif file – do not use “save” or “save as”

Here the “closed eyes”, eyes “covered” with clones of skin from lower part of your face

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3424/3203317135_285a29ef34_o.jpg[/IMG]
      Have fun – send PM with questions ๐Ÿ˜€

• Anonymous
      January 17, 2009 at 7:24 pm

I think it’s cute! I have always wanted to learn how to do animation on the computer. And both of the Avitars look like you both. Having fun reading how to do this! Hugs
      Linda H

• Anonymous
      January 19, 2009 at 12:12 am

When I am able to sit in a chair again I’ll have to play around with my ps and get mii on here too.:) Thanks guys for the info, I’ll check into it all. Norb I sent you a pm.:D