Who’s Going To Symposium In November?

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Hi,
      I’m just wondering who I’ll be meeting at the symposium this November. I wasn’t going to go, but one of my New York friends has a daughter who lives near the Valley Forge/King of Prussia area in PA (where 2010 symposium is) and she will attend symposium with me then visit her daughter.

Who’s going to the symposium? They are well worth attending and it’s really great to meet our syndrome friends in person.

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Liz, I am planning to go…haven’t yet sent in my registration. I will be recuperating from SCT at my sister’s in Downingtown, so I will be nearby. Are you attending all of the sessions? I think I will only register for the afternoon activities.

Sharon

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Hi Sharon,
      No, I won’t be attending all the sessions. If you want to meet we’ll email or PM and decide how to do it. I hope you will check with your doctor to make sure it’s okay to attend.

• September 8, 2010 at 9:36 pm

one of these years I will get to attend and give ya all the hugs I have been saving and sending here in the forum!

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2010 at 9:52 pm

I am hoping to go. I am starting a new job and don’t know if I will be able to afford to go yet. I know the deadline is coming up, so I need to make a decision soon.

Tonya Correll

• Anonymous
      September 8, 2010 at 11:24 pm

Carolyn and I are planning on trying again. The last time we tried Carolyn had a side unplanned trip to the Eglin Medical Hobby Shop.

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2010 at 9:35 am

Jim,
      If you are able to make it this time, we’ll sit at the same table for state night dinner.

• September 9, 2010 at 9:40 am

Hey Liz

Sounds great. I would love to go but I dont have the dough. Driving to Pennsylvania might be dodgy as well.

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2010 at 11:03 am

Gee ~ I wish I could but I can’t. Have fun and take pics for us.

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Would love to attend if I had financial ability to go

• Anonymous
      September 9, 2010 at 4:28 pm

My husband and I are going. We live in Maryland so it is not too far. Hope to see how other people manage to get along. See you there.

• Anonymous
      September 17, 2010 at 3:58 pm

Yes we are going and excited.We hope to meet alot of people there.We are also going to try to do the walk.Many blessings to all.

• Anonymous
      September 19, 2010 at 10:20 pm

I would love to go its not that far, however I moved to a nicer area & home in jan. just don’t have the $$’s this year. Went to symposiam in 2008. Had lots of fun & learned alot. Hoping to go in 2012.
      Ruth

• Anonymous
      October 4, 2010 at 3:18 pm

We are Planning on attending. All day Friday and Saturday. 🙂

• Anonymous
      October 4, 2010 at 6:47 pm

Made one phone call to the hosting hotel and they told me full. No reduced rate rooms or even other.
      used the conference code and named GBS/CIDP Foundation Int’l.
      went online and booked, made a mistake, then called em back. Then all of a sudden they had rooms
      blocked out still for $109. Goes to show you, one person one result, another person another result.

• Anonymous
      October 6, 2010 at 1:12 am

As of 9:30 pm PST on October 5th, both Dolce Valley Forge’s website and reversation agent indicated that no rooms are available. Apparently the hold date for the symposium had already past. I have asked the Foundation to recommend another hotel nearby.

~MarkEns

• Anonymous
      October 6, 2010 at 12:04 pm

I had a problem with room too and I booked early! I will have a friend attending symposium with me and I told hotel I need accessible room with two beds. I have sleeping problems, will not and cannot share bed. I had to take accessible room with just a king bed and hotel will bring in roll away bed.

I wish our foundation provided recommendations for accessible transportation but they did not. I have to find and book accessible transportation. I am traveling alone to hotel (friend is meeting me there) and now I’m stressed about hotel room nd airport transportation. Tropiano, the shuttle recommended by our foundation is wheelchair accessible (did a google search), but I will have a problem trying to use my hands to get them to pick me up and the phone will probably be at a standing level.

• Anonymous
      October 6, 2010 at 1:01 pm

I had planned to attend, but it looks like I am recovering from my stem cell transplant much more quickly than I thought, so I will be leaving my sister’s (in Downingtown…very close to King of Prussia) in a week and a half or so. I am sorry that I will miss this event, as I believe that my experience with SCT could contribute to the dialogue and information sharing.

Sharon

• Anonymous
      October 7, 2010 at 9:33 am

[B]Dolce Hotel – Sold Out[/B]
      The Dolce Hotel is currently sold out of rooms for the GBS/CIDP Foundation International’s symposium. Arrangements have been made with:
      The Hampton Inn King of Prussia
      530 W. DeKalb Pike
      King of Prussia, PA 19406
      (approximately 2 minutes from the Dolce)

[B]Reservations: 610.962.8111[/B]
      [B]Code: GBS Conference[/B]

Room Rate: same as Dolce – $109 per night which includes a full hot breakfast

The Dolce Hotel has a shuttle that will run from the hotel to the Hampton Inn.

Check with the Dolce first to see if there have been any cancellations.

• Anonymous
      October 10, 2010 at 8:23 pm

That’s a bummer about the hotel.
      It’s nice to stay at the place where the dinner is
      And not having to travel down the street.
      Especially those of us that aren’t moving so well.
      I remember last symp, it took slot of energy just to navigate the hotel. This may discourage attendance.
      I know I was upset when I was told no rooms the first time and wasn’t gonna stay but rather drive home

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2010 at 2:22 am

I am registered. Is it really worth going though if it is a 12 hour drive??? The last time I flew, this cidp got worse. Having second thoughts- concerned I might be disappointed???

• Anonymous
      October 13, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Yikes,
      I am not sure I would drive even 10 hours for a vacation. thats far.

Sometimes the folks that do go, summarize the discussion and topics.
      On the last symposium, I really didn’t learn alot that I didn’t know or learn from here. It was somewhat just nice to hear the different treatment opinions
      and meet others with the same ailment. Good luck on your decision.

• Anonymous
      October 22, 2010 at 2:29 pm

[B][SIZE=3]As of Oct. 21, 2010 our 11th International Symposium is completely sold out. Registration received after this date will be returned. Please note we will not be able to accommodate walk-in registrations.

Stay tuned for more information on our 12th International Symposium to be held in 2012![/SIZE][/B]