Who has parent with Parkinsons?

• Anonymous
      September 14, 2007 at 1:19 pm

In reading another post I see where Friend4Life and LadyKITUSA both mentioned they have a parent with Parkinsons. I’m in the same boat. It’s difficult to know we will be, or are responsible for them, when we aren’t exactly in the best of health ourselves.
      Now I’m wondering, knowing both GBS and Parkinson’s are autoimmune diseases, if there is some connection.
      How many of you have a parent or family member with Parkinsons?

JayDee

• Anonymous
      September 14, 2007 at 4:43 pm

Hi JayDee,
      My father has Parkinsons, is there any Correlation??

Joyce:confused:

• Anonymous
      September 18, 2007 at 7:55 pm

I don’t have a parent with parkinsons but one of my father’s uncles had it.

Due to a recent brain scan of mine that showed issues in the basal ganglia (unrelated to CIDP, because I collect autoimmune disesases like stamps), I brought this up to my neurologist. (Basal Ganglia is the area of the brain that parkinsons effects). He said that the think’s its all pretty unrelated (the cidp, the history, the basal ganglia problems), but I figured I’d mention it here anyway.

• Anonymous
      September 28, 2007 at 8:13 am

My father also had Parkinson’s disease…the first night I started showing some symptons (tingling in hands, arm, struggling a little to hold things) Parkinsons had popped into my head…I have often wondered if there is any correlation.

• Anonymous
      September 28, 2007 at 9:04 pm

I was told by my neurologist early in my illness that I had GBS and I should tell my Son that he should be aware that genetically it sets him up for any of the Autoimmune Diseases. I have not mentioned it to him yet, but his Dad is aware of it! My family has alot of different kinds of Arthrtsis. It is my Mom how has the Parkinsons. Also there is a Cousin on my Dad’s side of the family that just died that has Parkinsons. I also have a patch of skin near my eye that is probably Eczema, which was on Jerimy’s list of Autoimmune Diseases.
      Frustrating news to hear when we are all struggling with GBS/CIDP already. 😮