Where is everybody?

• April 27, 2021 at 2:39 am

I first stumbled across the site, especially the forums, back in 2013 when I was recovering. The forums provided me such comfort. I was able to hear from others who had had GBS. I heard from experienced memebers, such as Jim-LA, and new, frightened people, similar to me. The peace of mind and comraderie meant and still means a great deal to me. It’s not necessary to go it alone. Give it a try. It certainly worked for me.

• May 24, 2021 at 1:43 pm

Same boat as you, but only 3 years recovered. I still have a type of ptsd from the gbs and then drop the covid on top of that, wow! I got permanent “scars” from the gbs, numbness in feet and one hand.
      But like everyone else with a disability, you adapt to it, and stop thinking about it as much.
      How about that Fauci trying tell us not to get vaccinated? What a head f***.
      Best of luck to you!

• May 25, 2021 at 5:57 am

Jon, it’s good to hear from you. I absolutely agree with our adating to the scars. I feel very lucky that after 10 months I was able to walk (a bit wobbly) unaided. My balance is still not so great, but I’ve learned to get by. I found this type of discussion so helpful when I could barely get around using a walker.

Hopefully, others are paying attention and will join in. Thanks.