what was that!

• Anonymous
      January 5, 2009 at 10:49 am

Hi all , Just got back from a trip to Florida ,Georgia ,and kentucky. While at the Indiana,Ohio,and Kentucky border we went to the Creation Museum. Highly recomend that place! Any way, while we were there we went to a lecture, And as we were leaving after the lecture my knee caps were numb.
      Now i had GBS a year ago last october and have made a pretty good recovery. Just my feet are still numb and stiff in the morning. When I wear shoes its not to bad a problem, I am a carpenter and am currently finishing off a friends basement. Drywall ,electrical and trim. So I am doing good. Was wondering if my knee caps going numb would be called reidual or just a floof thing. The lecture was about an hour and the seats were comfortable.
      Ron

• Anonymous
      January 6, 2009 at 8:37 am

Hi Ron! Could be over doing it and your body was just not used to that much going and you notice the damage more because of the overdoing. Or you could be having a residual! Could be both. It it continues, I would suggest letting your doctor know about it! Sounds like it might be a mild residual though! Hope you feel better soon! With you working more than usual you might be over pushing some! Hugs!
      Linda

• Anonymous
      January 6, 2009 at 10:22 am

Ron,
      With all the time you spent traveling and sitting during that time maybe it could just be a floof thing or residual. Linda has given you good advice about letting your doctor know, especially if it continues.

Shirley

• Anonymous
      January 6, 2009 at 7:21 pm

🙂 Hi Ron,

Considering that you have recovered so well from the gbs, I think you probably have that residual thing going on…. But hey, it could be just old age? heh heh…….dean

• Anonymous
      January 6, 2009 at 10:52 pm

Hi Dean.
      You are right about the old age thing. I cant believe I am 54 already. The knee cap thing ,happened again today ,after sitting watching my 12 year old play basketball. It was ,briefly after getting up from the bleachers, sitting for an hour.Havent ben to the nuro in 8 months. I have ben sitting for a few weeks alot..,driving from Mi. to Florida. Its probbably just a weekness that I will keep an eye on. I have about a week of work left on the basement job. Hopefully moving around will help the circulation . I feel good otherwise. The numb feet, I am just resolved in the fact that they will always be a reminder of my gbs journey. They are getting better slowly. If i look back to just 6 months ago, they feel twice as good as then . thanks for the replies…
      Take care
      Ron

• Anonymous
      January 9, 2009 at 10:35 am

Old age will do it! LOL! But hope you feel better soon! Hugs
      Linda H