what is the significance if ig,iga numbers

• April 26, 2007 at 1:55 pm

sorry no info?

• Anonymous
      April 26, 2007 at 2:22 pm

The Ig stands for immuno globulin. Ig is in each person’s blood to help fight off infection & germs. IVIG stands for intravenous (through a vein) immuno globulin.

Kevin will always test high for Ig because he takes IVIG. They shouldn’t even test him for it. We just tested Emi’s & it was 3 times what the average high was. It’s hard to say if Kevin’s 93 is in normal range because each lab is different & has different measurements for normal.

The low Ig levels show up in people with immune definencies. They are probably still able to get the powder form because they are more sensitive. Emi’s nurse has 1 patient that she sees who has to have his IVIG mixed but he has some wierd thing going on that I’m not real sure about because she can’t give me specifics on it. It’s definetly NOT the norm to have a problem with pre-mixed.

Hope that helps some.
      Kelly

• Anonymous
      April 26, 2007 at 3:30 pm

Dawn I don’t know if that number is high or low. I am IgA deficient and have been getting the GammaGuard liquid for awhile now. I have no side effects at all. When they used the other form and had to mix it, it seemed like I always had issues with it.

Jerimy